How's Beta AV?

Hello, big level, not noisy, majority… in the number of replies, main char

For my (obviously important) main you can look some inet history site. That’s your only option to find my ~8 years gone from armory EU char… called the same way as this one.

But don’t let me distract you, my friend, from overcoming the noise of the minority… of the rest of the replies :slight_smile:

Now jokes aside, if others don’t share your opinion it doesn’t make them loud minority or noise. They want in the exact same way to be heard clearly.

Get over it, 1.12.1 is what we wanted, 1.12.1 is what we are getting.

2 Likes

I’ve been having a blast playing.

2 Likes

AV 1.12 Is a real downer, one of the few things I would prefer downgraded from the rest of the content. Zerg AVs will just remind me of the crappy zerg mentality that has dominated dungeon mentality for years. >.<

1 Like

Reminder that the beta AV had no rewards for winning, and bares no relation to how it will play out when it goes live.

Nope. I didn’t play a ton but the 4 or 5 AVs that I did were all turtles.

Big walls of people near Stonehearth bunker and at the Alliance bridge.

Also it should be noted we defeated the Alliance in every game I was in, including one game against Asmongold where we summoned Lokholar.

FOR THE HORDE!

Hold your horses, kiddo. This is most definitely not true.

We knew we would get a static type of patch but we didn’t know which patch that would be and many talked about and speculated over a frankenpatch.

Taking classes at 1.12 but limiting debuff slots to 8, for example. Using any combination for the most complete AND challenging experience.

THAT is what was both wanted and expected since we know rolling a 1.1-1.12 would never work due to how junk some classes were at 1.1 - so take classes in their most complete form and then sprinkle the game with tuning and a mix of patches to offer the most optimal, complete and challenging version.

We are getting the watered down version. It’s still a fun game but don’t forget most players were there from the start through the middle while many only started at the end phases before TBC. Lots of us remember a different game for most of Vanilla’s history.

Would have been nice to bring the game most remember back rather than bring the game back to a state that’s a blink of an eye before TBC.

It’s not though. Zerging only works if both sides do it and then it’s just a race. If either side defends then they’ll either be the ones that win quickly or it becomes a turtle.

Defending and back-capping your towers is the optimal strategy.

1 Like

It’s almost as if the Classic community isn’t one monolithic hivemind, and the people complaining about $15 aren’t the same people who stated they’d pay anything. Who knew?

Some people are ok with an inferior version of AV, simply to have an authentic AV from vanilla. Others realize just how nerfed AV was, and want to see the version that Blizzard originally created.

Yikes

That is the least efficient strategy.

Nah. That’s what you do if you want to win.

Now if you just want to rush through AV and race to the boss and flip a coin and win ~50% of your AVs then sure; ignore defense. You’ll get more wins overall due to games being quick but have a lower win percentage.

Honestly people who say not to back-cap are pretty lame. They’re basically saying “I don’t want to win if it’s going to take more than 20 minutes”.

Optimal organized AV strat: Rush every tower and have ~5-10 people back-capping. Pretty much everyone goes into a tower immediately and stays inside the tower until it caps. Then you grab the GYs and everyone rolls on over to offense. One round of back-capping is enough to guarantee the enemy won’t be able to defeat the boss quicker than your side.

1 Like

Oh sure, if you want to “win”.
However the fact of the matter is that in 1.12, “winning” means completing the BG ASAP to get marks of honor, which you get regardless of whether you “won” the BG. There is no downside to zerging, as there is no loser. Everyone wins a participation trophy.

Many people are not in it to kill the enemy general fastest to win the BG. They do not care about the BG gameplay, they likely hate the BG itself. Their motivation is simply the fastest route to the loot.

Also, if you have an organized AV group you back-cap. Even if you’re going for speed wins the optimal strat is to back-cap. But you need a good organized group for it to work well.

No one asked for that. This is that disconnect. The decision is a developer side decision. They HAVE 1.12 It’s you, who have never worked in a development environment that think putting in 1.8 is as simple as changing a cartridge.

Again. My original statement are not whining. You may consider them trollish, but for the past 15 years the same LOUD minority have flooded the wow forums to tell us all how we are wrong for liking anything about the game.

Every AV game I have played on the beta has gone more than 3 hours

2 Likes

I have been arguing for that! Man… the goggles really keep you from reading everything, don’t they?

Everyone (not just two sides) have an opinion and point. They should be allowed to be heard without being stomped on by someone else or being talked down to.

Your statements embody the true nature of your feelings.

You don’t like AV and your mindset for all BG’s is one of a means to an end. That silly rush to rank 14. Good luck with that if you attempt it.

For many NOT on PVP servers (please refer to my proof I posted yesterday to you on the size of that camp) it IS about the objectives, the PVP and the win.

Back when you were trying to get your horde to zerge in the day ( I assume ) I was spamming timers and macros that tried to get people to back cap and play the AV.

AV is my favorite BG of all. The memories I have it are great and I hope to relive some of that. I hated with a passion the zerg when it came in. When the breaking out of the battlegroup to all servers made it a huge pool of people who didn’t care.

Could 1.8 be better? Is it as good as you remember? It is hard to say. For all we know it could be so difficult that no one ques for it. I distinctly remember a time when AV ques took forever to pop.

Its a fantastic BG with fantastic lore and fantastic objectives. If you chose to ignore those then why even argue for 1.8 when 1.12 is showing us that its fun and the limited number of people in the beta where having fun going up against opponents?

Just my morning thoughts and rebuttal to your post BW, over my morning coffee :slight_smile:

Has anyone considered that maybe they’re doing this AV beta test for feedback just like this? It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they made changes to AV based off community reaction. It isn’t coming out with release after all.

This could be very likely.

Which is why both sides need to be heard. If it is to be driven by community reaction, which I hope to some extent it is but not entirely.

Calling others posting less than you noisy vocal minority was not enough but now you call yourself “they”. Its becoming more interesting with every post :slight_smile: