How would you feel if seals came back for paladins?

I accidentally read “How would you feel if seals came back as paladins?” and it was amazing. Please Blizzard, we need paladin seals.

3 Likes

Seal, Judge, Seal, auto-attack… That’s not a compelling rotation.

The Seal concept was interesting but poorly implemented. I don’t want that shoehorned into Live unless Blizz has a new, better take on it now.

1 Like

I hope pallies return to how they were in mists/wod. Holy was a much more fun spec and having seals for mana/healing was good design.

4 Likes

I dont think you know how seals actually work in classic then, because you do push a button, and something does happen. I think baking the seals into some of the modern paladins toolkit like crusader strike and getting rid of holy power would be amazing

5 Likes

Seal of command triggering off templars verdict might be fun.

2 Likes

I liked auras. Didn’t really care for seals tbh

There is one seal, that is a talent, that does this. Everything else is static. Like extra holy damage on swings, or a flat aspeed increase at the cost of damage. Seal of Command is the only one that procs an additional attack and it is meant to be the answer to windfury.

2 Likes

There’s a reason Ret Pallies were considered autoattack bots: Outside of Judgement they are purely autoattack buffs

You had no Crusader Strike, or really much else of anything to use in-between Judgements and Seal casts, just seal, smack…smack…smack…judgement, seal, smack…

It’s certainly one of the reasons why, outside of things like Retribution gimmicks, it wasn’t one of the popular melee classes

It would need revamped in a big way to be interesting in modern WoW

They should bring back exorcism IMO.

Also they should bring back magic schools. These RP type things would go a long way.

Auras are coming back, but not the magic resistance ones bc there is still no magic resistance.

4 Likes

Havent you wayched the burning crusade trailer where the draenei vindicator uaed his seal? They are every bit much part of the fantasy as auras are.

9 Likes

I actually like the play style of ret in Classic. The big problem is mana for me.

Man it’s so mana hungry for no reason, it’s bonkers

The world of Ret in Classic

I liked seals. They were unique and gave Paladin an identity, despite some of them being ineffective (which means they should have been buffed, not removed).

Paladin today just feels like Warrior with yellow colors. Boring.

6 Likes

OP said it would be inspired by seals, not a direct copy. Good grief.

Imagine it as an aura instead. One that increases attack speed, one that causes aoe splash on autos, one that heals group members on attack, ect. Try to come up with your own.

Blizzard would never add a 20 second buff you would have to keep applying, so I could see them adding it as something like Hunter Aspects in Vanilla. I would say they’d do it similarly to Auras, but I know they’re coming back as well and they wouldn’t want to have two of them active.

2 Likes

LMAO no sir

2 Likes

Vanilla had some really bad class design, especially for paladins. So forgive me for being really leery when someone says:

As long as they can balance a ball on their nose, I wouldn’t mind.

I dont know why everyone goes all the way back to vanilla seal design for their argument. Seals existed as late as WoD if i recall. I think they eventually became like auras where you swapped based on what you wanted. It added some depth to orot and holy too, not just ret.

I would be happy if Exorcism made a return to a baseline ability.

1 Like

Thats fine, but don’t just assume the worst possible iteration and use that to disregard an idea.

1 Like