How would you change the conduit system to make it better?

Before anything, ignore the elephant in the room and poof conduit energy (10 max/+1/day) is gone completely.

What would you change about the conduit system to make it better? More options, more followers, less restriction on which conduit can go in a slot? Maybe a single tree and you can choose which follower benefit goes in the follower benefit slots to utilize multiple followers on one tree?

What changes would you like, if any, or is it something you think is working nicely for the game thus far?

2 Likes

If the option of just not having it isnā€™t allowed then Iā€™d say craft it or allow people to buy them with soul ash or the maw currency/souls or anima. Heck have them drop off of elites/rares in the world or from gathering mats.

The recharge should be with in the players ability to control. Though shouldnā€™t even be a thing to worry about.

1 Like

I know you are after comments on what would improve it, but I frankly canā€™t come up with anything that would. Itā€™s a bit like asking how they could have improved Azerite gear during the first 6 months of BfA. Some systems just need not to be there.

Rather than soulbinds and conduits, I would have preferred extensions of our talents; perhaps an extra row to the side or extra branches of some sort. Just anything that wasnā€™t tied to Covenants and which we could swap at any time, without the bulldust conduit energy restrictions. Like specs, they should be entirely adjustable depending on what we need in our playing at any time.

8 Likes

Maybe make conduits ā€œrank upā€ with use. Like they have their own experience bars.

4 Likes

i would just remove those pointless charges? Thats like having limitations on talent swap, so dumb

5 Likes

Iā€™d make it so you can change conduits anytime anywhere.

2 Likes

No, thereā€™s enough convenience in this game as is, dear lord thereā€™s enough undo-buttons in this game already.

Just add more conduits. Increase the pool of variability.

2 Likes

Whole concept is just bleh.
Bit late for this to be done now butā€¦

Unhook Covenants as a ā€˜lock in one of fourā€™ and instead turn them into reputations we can do whichever we want as we want, Either through a tabard like ā€˜choose who to represent at the momentā€™ or just do aligned quests and bounties.
Change up binds, conduits and abilities to be unlocks for working on Cov reputations as we choose at our pace as we unlock them.

Would give four loads of content to work on, and a bunch more depth/customization instead of one with an awkward switch between them system, especially when the story of us helping them get back on track makes no sense as to why we are picking one above helping them allā€¦

also a buttload more story content we can participate in.
I honestly donā€™t know why they insisted on making 4 different stories and locking them apart when best of times they can barely manage one or twoā€¦

2 Likes

So you donā€™t like the idea of being able to switch specs any time you choose? Youā€™d like it like the good old days of having to pay hundreds of gold to swap from one spec to another? Or maybe every character is one spec and if you want another one, you have to make a separate toon?

I mean, seriously. Having options and ā€˜convenienceā€™ is not a bad thing. When is choice and fun somehow bad?

3 Likes

Having some options and convenience is good, but having too much dilutes any challenge.

ā€˜The good old daysā€™ were good because it made you weigh options. Since you can change specs and talents and that gear is super convenient today, decision making is a lot less consequential.

4 Likes
  1. Eliminate the 3 types of conduits. If I want to try out a soulbind ability, I shouldnā€™t be punished for it by having to take a Finesse conduit.
  2. Massively buff bad conduits. The disparity in power between conduits (not to mention between conduits of different classes) makes all the other imbalances in the game (of which there are many) seem like childā€™s play. And by this, I donā€™t mean buff the ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS conduits - of which there are MANY. They can just delete those. But buff the ones that might be salvageable so there are actual choices.

That would really be it.

Considering that, what, 80% of existing conduits are completely and utterly worthless, and always will be? I donā€™t think adding more is the solution.

There was obviously a directive that ā€œall classes must have 20+ conduits so be sure and do thatā€ and there was obviously a lack of creativity in coming up with them.

I imagine they put up a sheet in the cafeteria so that any employee could jot down ideas.

2 Likes

Conduits components should be be more readily available and craftable. Conduit upgrades would immediately be upgraded if you have already learned the conduit.

Taking up bag space to combat 24/7 farmers is hurting legit players.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes

That would be pretty cool where (if Iā€™m reading this correctly) each follower allows access to another branch in your tree or furthers you current branch. (*Iā€™ve really only played frost mage so I could choose an arcane, fire, or enhance frost follower?)

Not that itā€™s a GOOD solution but thereā€™s a lot of people that have all their conduits at the level of play they play at.

So this means they donā€™t get energy charges because conduits donā€™t drop.

So, what if final bosses, calling caches, and lootable raid bosses dropped some sort of recharge?

1 Like

This is deranged. How is having options a bad thing?

5 Likes

remove conduit energy and it would be just fine

Having too much convenience trivializes decision making.

1 Like

Iā€™d scrap them altogether. Theyā€™re not particularly interesting, most are bad, and it complicates class and covenant balancing. They cause issues without bringing anything of substance, itā€™s just another system for the sake of having another system. This xpac seems to love convoluted low value systems.

3 Likes

Allow for upgrading specific conduits. The whole maw upgrade item system where itā€™s a random chance for any of your spec conduits to upgrade is depressing. The VERY last one that I got to 213 was count the odds.

At least make it where picking a specific conduit is like getting a socket in terms of how my currency is needed. Iā€™d much rather farm up 7k and get what I want vs 1900 and itā€™s nothing Iā€™ll ever need 95% of the time.

Systems like this feel like forced ā€˜sit at your computerā€™ mechanics and are not fun. Getting a reward for your time is fun. Putting in time and then rolling a slot machine isnā€™t. At least some of our endeavors should have more straightforward paths to our progression.

1 Like

Either making it such that it doesnā€™t matter which class spec you are the benefits are the same or allow players to switch anytime and anywhere they want.

2 Likes