How would you change the conduit system to make it better?

But if u don’t want to make a decision each time, u can just set it and leave it like before…

2 Likes

Get rid of soulbinds because there’s always a best one. One soulbind, your liaison to the covenant, is all that’s needed.

Secondly, eliminate conduit types and just have slots. Distinguish the soulbind tree by three layers with the real power tied to the layer and not necessarily the conduits. Just balance the layer power across the covenants, which would open up real covenant choice. This would allow any conduits to be used to fill slots but as long as you have the layers unlocked you still receive the power and can mix match conduits to a play style as you see fit.

Instead of conduit charges just tie them to a set amount of anima. If you’re already playing or waiting for a set amount of time to gather anima or waiting for a conduit charge, just have it cost anima.

1 Like

If your wish was to remove Conduit energy, my wish would be to just remove Conduits completely.

The game doesn’t need more fiddly micro-management aspects. Between talents, trinkets, legendaries, alternate soul-binds, and stat prioritization on gear, you can already spend a good chunk of time fiddling around with stuff between bosses.

If Blizzard removes Conduit Energy, I’d rather them just scrap the whole tree and just go “Okay, you enjoy the benefits of all of your conduits and all of the perks of a given Covenant soul-bind”. Blizzard would presumably have to do some amount of balancing to keep the whole thing from blowing up but it’d make for an interesting 9.2 patch before the whole system was shelved.

The whole point of Conduits is that they are a thing that doesn’t change. That’s literally their point - they exist to be a thing that you don’t change but allow you to create semi-permanent “texture” for your character. Not particularly potent, but fleshing out your character a bit more. They were never something that you were supposed to min-max on each boss, that’s literally the exact opposite direction this game needs to go. To say you want to remove Conduit Energy is in essence saying you reject the premise of what they represent, which is totally fine, but if you do, let’s just chuck that whole system in the bin.

3 Likes
  • have strong options/soul bind traits with 2 or more potency. Having a strong trait in a tree with only 1 potency feels really ‘meh’.

• buff conduits to be more creative gameplay changers instead of mostly just passive modifiers

• buff the obviously bad conduits

• I know you mentioned it, but delete conduit energy

Ggs

You should be able to earn a generic conduit by doing a WQ or a dungeon or however, then decide what that conduit does - pick from the available conduit powers. At that point, you have “earned” that conduit at it’s lowest rank.

Conduit ilvl should automatically upgrade as your gear ilvl reaches thresholds.

Conduits should be able to be swapped at will - the people that would do it don’t care about inconvenience, the current system is purely a time-gating thing. When you swap conduits, you would only be able to swap between ones you’ve earned.

Some of the conduits for classes are terrible. Not just “not as competitive,” useless. Why do those even exist? Make them better or remove them.

Soulbind traits should be the same between covenants - or at least do the same damage. I.e., NF soulbind 1 has X power that does Y damage. Necro soulbind 1 has Z power that also does Y damage - like X and Z are the same thing, but with different names. That way, you’re really just picking between soulbinds 1, 2 and 3 and there is no difference in power between convenants; covenant powers should work in that manner, as well. That’s a meaningful choice that lets someone choose a covenant for because they like a particular style.

2 Likes

It feels exactly like having a secondary talent choice/tree, and feels very redundant.
I also feel like there’s way too much going on, I’d rather just see it deleted. One less thing to worry about and a little more time to put into other things.

2 Likes

Look at all this borrowed power between conduits, legendaries, and covenants.

You just know some of the best will be becoming talents and some of the rest will STILL be bound to gear. I don’t specifically trust them to not drop borrowed power.

1). Make it so conduits of your current loot specialization are more likely to drop than off-spec conduits. Nothing sucks worse than getting several conduits in a row that are for a spec you never plan on using whatsoever.

2). Separate conduits from other drops, especially from Calling boxes, make it so that if a conduit drops, it doesn’t take up the slot a piece of equipment or even vendor loot because it seems to do both from what I can tell.

3). Remove Conduits from World Quests and make them random drops from Rares, so we can get more anima from World Quests. I hate wanting/needing anima and I see several conduits up.

4). Make it so that if you get 2 of the same conduit, the 2nd automatically upgrades if one’s already sitting in your bags, or at least put a sale price on them so I don’t have to delete it. I hate it when I get XYZ Conduit that’s 150 i-level and then before I get back to the soul thingie, another 150 XYZ drops and it’s 100% useless. That or make it so you can’t have two of them in your inventory simultaneously, and it’s forced to give you a different one instead.

5). Or, for that matter, let us learn conduits without revising the soul thingie. I mean, you gotta use the soul thingie to actually set a conduit, but why do we have to go back just to add it to our collection? Just let us right-click it from inventory to learn it anywhere.

There’s hardly anything wrong with the conduit system. These people asking to remove conduit energy are just jumping between specs while being bad at all of them.

Eh.

I disagree. The way the conduits and soulbinds are set up, there are definitely BiS in there, and, well… what if you want to change 4 conduits for raid night today, but then later tonight, you have plans on doing some PvP and want to reset another 4 conduits, and then tomorrow, you’re gonna fit your M+ runs in, and you need to reset another 4 … oh wait, they’re not up yet, you only have 2 charges left.

Now if you could save profiles, or if the charges were per-spec or something, that would help some, but… they’re not. They’re 10 charges, total and that screws with people who want to do multiple kinds of content.

I’m not even a raider, nor a PvPer, nor an M+ player and I can totally understand why the 10 charges system is problematic.

I don’t even understand why it needs to be there, because, well, it’s not like you can change on the fly, being you have to return to your covenant to do so, so that already sets up a limitation.

Is it really that much of an exploit if you can return to your covenant and change your conduits anytime you want? You can’t do it while in an instance, you can’t do it while World PvPing, you can’t do it while in a raid, etc. You can only do it while in your covenant.

So what exactly is the 10 charges per day supposed to stop you from doing that would actually be an exploit? Experimentation? Isn’t that supposed to be a good thing, to experiment to see what works best for you?

1 Like

Cool story, there’s 2 other soulbinds available.

That may or may not be good for the content you want to do.

The Soulbinds have nodes that you can’t change.

What if two activities have the same BiS soulbind?

Then you pick the second best soulbind. Unless you’re going from killing M Denathrius to pushing 2400+ arena rating in the same week then conduit energy isn’t going to hold you back.

“Just go second best”, lol.

On a limitation that doesn’t even need to be there, and would hurt nobody if it were removed? Ya, ok.

How about no?

I think I’d be a bit annoyed with a system that forced me to be bad because of… no reason in particular, just a “we don’t want you to be able to do this, not because of game design, but because we said so.”

1 Like

No amount of conduits or soulbinds can fix that.

1 Like

Removing the charges-per-day would fix that 100% and wouldn’t hurt anybody whatsoever.

If they were bad before, they will be bad after.

I would remove the energy, but you said besides that.
I would also make it unique per spec.
I would add in a way to swap them like talents so I do not have to go back to my covenant. (There is a reason we have things to allow us to swap talents without talking to an NPC…)
I would also make it where the conduits at max level can also drop from outside the raid. Kind of sucks that anything over 200 is raid only.

Remove it from the game and give us lasting RPG character development that lasts longer than a “season” when they decide to re-iterate on everything cause it sucks.

Maybe some, but that’s a generalisation and a half.

No sir, the idea of conduit energy itself is just not good.

It’s an intentional hamstring to people who want to run the best builds in their spec across all fights and varying degrees of content which all use the same soulbind.

Arena uses a different conduit set up. M+ uses a different conduit set up. Cleave fights in CN use a different conduit set up. Single target uses a different conduit set up. Yet they all use the same soulbind.

I don’t find myself hopping like that, but it’s designed in such a way as to intentionally pigeon hole people, can’t really deny that unless you actually advocate gimping yourself