How we REALLY got our TBC honor (with sources)

Bump for continued visibility

1 Like

Bump, fix this hot garbage you corporate swine.

1 Like

This is exactly right - especially the part about arena points snowballing. There is no catch-up mechanic like in live. Blizzard’s unwillingness to do something about it is ruining the start of the arena season.

Who gives a damn about making it 100% accurate when people interact with it much differently now and it’s having a significantly negative impact on the game? They kept world buffs in classic 100% accurate until the very tail end of the expansion, but by then droves of people had quit and many others had a much worse Classic experience due to them. We’re up to 5 servers now that have essentially been ruined from extreme levels of ganking employed by players waiting on long queues to try to squeeze out as much honor as possible at a time when they’re looking at a 400+ hour grind for a BLUE set of gear.

Honor needs a serious fix, like 4 or 5x buff to make the grind manageable enough for people to do in a respectable amount of time to get them through it and help fix the queues as well as stop incentivizing them to destroy the faction balance on their server in an effort to circumvent the garbage grind that currently exists.

Holy freaking moses, @blizzard fix this garbage, this is an embarassing mess right now.

1 Like

I don’t.

I don’t care about authenticity for the sake of authenticity. I’ve been in all these threads proving that honor in original TBC was just as bad so people stop demanding Blizzard make it like it was “Back in the day.” I don’t think demanding Blizzard make honor gains like “they were” when it’s already freaking there is a valid strategy to get them to buff it.

You don’t see me posting in those threads of people asking for Blizzard to improve the situation in numerous ways because they’re not asking for something that is already the case!

Blizzard is still letting their terrible “no-changes” or “authenticity first” philosophies dictate their every move. They’re so slow and timid when making changes because they don’t want to break authenticity unless it makes them money or they feel they have to do it.

Look how long it took them to implement the Chronoboon Displacer into Classic. Then they had the gall to say something like this:

Sit idly by. They couldn’t “sit idly by.” They sat idly by for OVER A YEAR AND A HALF. This is what is going to happen with the honor situation if Blizzard doesn’t realize that putting authenticity ABOVE ALL is absurd.

So yeah, I agree with you; I don’t care if it’s authentic. People are gearing up in PvE far faster than they did in original TBC. The honor rates, or the honor cost of gear should be adjusted. There’s other things they could do too but I doubt they will. Here’s a thread:

Obviously wouldn’t work well on unbalanced servers but that’s just one idea. They could also use cross-realm in those areas but some people would absolutely lose it. Ya know, “nO CHaNgeS!!1” and all.

1000 posts say fix this crap.

I think it’s a nice idea, but when you look at how the world PvP objectives work it’s just not very feasible. They all either only occur once every 3 hours, or you have the objectives that can flip back and forth. Either the rates would be good enough that people would just abuse the hell out of it or they would still not be enough to make a dent in the grand scheme of things. I’m not completely opposed to the idea, I just don’t think it’d make anywhere near enough difference to matter.

BGs just work perfectly cause you can queue at any time and with any amount of people for that BG (with AV being the only one at a 5 man team limit). It’s about as casual or as hardcore friendly as you want. The problem is just the grind is way too slow and time intensive. They don’t need to add any new systems to the game like merc mode or cross-realm garbage, they just simply need to up the honor rates and in a significant way. It’s about as simple, easy, and harmless a change they could make for the game while solving pretty much all of the major problems that currently exist with PvP.

Well they need to do something about the queues too. You can’t just give Horde more honor than Alliance because that would be a massive discrepancy in the effort required to earn honor between factions. I can sit in a queue and do something productive for 40 minutes as Horde and then play a 15 minute BG for 2x or 3x the honor rate as Alliance? Doesn’t work.

They have to add merc mode along with improving honor, or actually work to faction balance; maybe let Horde fight Horde. Something has to be done to lower queue times drastically for the Horde.

Not a knock on you, but nobody even stopping to ask “why” the horde queues are so long feels so dumb to me. There are multiple reasons, but the biggest by far is that everyone is trying to farm this blue set. Thats why there are so many queueing and the queues are so long. If people were able to farm out this set in a much more reasonable amount of time, they’d stop queueing so much and queues would become much better. Same way queues were aids in phase 2 but once the first wave of rankers got their rank 14 gear queues slowly started to die down again and just got better over time.

I think opting for the least intrusive option is always the best in the frame of Classic. Upping honor rates anywhere between 3 to 5x more would make it much better for everyone while also indirectly solving the queue problem.

2 Likes

Or just add the rep vendor pvp gear up honor gains but not to crazy, this cuts the grind in half while making it easier to get the off pieces of the set, or just allow horde vs horde BGs

Well thought out post still, ignore the one Alliance pally complaining and please listen to the entire community blizzard!

Blizz just needs to throw us the 100% honor gain buff we had in prepatch and call it a day.

You don’t even read my posts. What am I complaining about?

This would only slightly alleviate the issue for one phase. This problem will persist through each phase of the game if honor isn’t properly addressed. A permanent solution of honor being increased is required.

@Blizzard Hey!!

This issue is ongoing and has not received a response from the classic wow team clarifying whether the honor values currently in game are accurate to their true TBC values.

Really depressing that this has gotten 0 response from the Blues when it has been this big of an issue for almost 3 weeks now. The only Blue response regarding honor we got was Kaivax saying “Well I didn’t farm any honor in season 1 or 2, and didn’t buy any honor gear during those seasons either, but I just also remembering it taking a while so it’s probably accurate.” Not inspiring much confidence, and also tells us the people making these decisions on the Classic team probably aren’t even playing the game.