How was your week 1 Ulduar Prog?

The raid has been both easier and harder than I remembered tbh. Normal modes have largely been completely trivial, even when the raid made sizable mistakes due to people not being super familiar with the fights. We left thorim and Freya for w1 hard mode attempts Monday (got very close on thorim hm before running out of raid window time on Thurs) then norm vezax and yogg1 as well.

10m we did hard xt, thorim, Freya… Xt being by far the hardest at current gear levels it was very tight. Tried yogg 1 but people need time to get comfortable with it.

Only fight overall that really took me by surprise was actually vezax, as I didn’t really think about the fact that all my previous experience on him was as a dk or rogue (ie not a mana user)…

Overall enjoying it, but definitely have a lot to clean up on my own end as a number of my pulls/attempts/kills where pretty ugly. It’s nice to have something actually push back instead of everything just falling over constantly like the first tier.

1 Like

Started 30 mins late, 2-3 people absent throughout , 9 normal modes in 25 man. No fragments. Thursday isn’t a typical raid day for us.

Joined a guild pug for Ulduar 10 last night and it went pretty well. We stopped for the night after an hour or so of doing Vezax hard mode. Got a few hardmodes (Stormbreaker, Thorim and Freya). Missed Hodir by like 10 seconds I think. Kept swapping between enhance and ele as needed. Was pretty fun especially the hard modes. Felt good getting Iron Council hard mode as it is one of the harder ones.

2 Likes

Haven’t done it yet since my guild is tues/wed, so we get one less lockout than other guilds for some reason.

Instance bugged, locking us out with 0 bosses killed. 0 customer support available. Going to ask for a subscription refund, this is ridiculous.

On a trip for a friends wedding so cant really raid this first week :frowning:

But having a blast hanging out with people i havent seen in years so thats good.

Oh thanks for that tip…damn you solely used flash of light for that fight.

2 Likes

We killed 9 bosses, only FL hard mode. We wiped at 2% on Thorim HM but didn’t keep trying because of time, wiped a couple times on Vezax normal, got to Yogg right at the end of raid time. Unfortunately, because Blizzard is still releasing raids on Thursdays, we can only raid once this week.

1 Like

We only did 2 towers on FL so as not to spend too much time there (short raid week), was 4 tower fairly easy?

We did our 10’s last night…

Did all bosses, and killed Yogg after 2 attempts. We had an issue with adds (people kept running in the clouds… not sure why)

Seemed easy, never had any mana issues as a healer either. Tonight is 25m.

Was sanity an issue on 10 man? Or do you have that restore thing up?

easier than H+? H+ is free ilvl 200 loot. I did it in a group full of questing greens lol.

Nope…

we just had the healers turn around and heal facing wall

We had the restore thing up, and I think 3 people had to use it

i been raiding in 2 toons in 25man, and the 2 of the raids ended calling it after mimirom, challenge feels good.

Honestly probably one of the most disappointing raid releases i’ve been active for in a long time. Guild lost 6+ people and had others not here this week so we were forced to change around classes specs and grab who we could and do normal modes and have 2 bosses to finish monday.

My gdkp also did normals and ontop of the crap sandwich that was this week I had to take my main to a gdkp 10 man because the guild ones were on times I couldn’t make due to other obligations and my rogue doesn’t even get a 10 or 25 this week.

We didn’t do any hard modes except an end of night Thorim HM attempt. Cleared all other keepers. Have Thorim, Vezax, and Yoggy remaining. Was pretty surprised how easily things went. I vividly remember struggling a lot more back in the day.

It was just more coordination.

You will get it down with reps.

The vehicles also scale with your ilvl, so more gear you get the stronger your vehicles.

Thursday is our 2nd raid night so we only got one stab at it. We didn’t do any hard modes as we didn’t really know what to expect going in but got the first 6 down. We essentially have the Crazy Cat Lady down as well, but we wiped with 85k health left and just didn’t have time for a 3rd attempt.

Definitely not one of the best guilds out there but felt like we did pretty well for what we are. I was surprised we got that far but I’m not a fan of Ulduar so that probably drove some of it. I am finding it more enjoyable this time around though.

Unsubbed I’m a cat girl black mage now

I was trying to explain this one to our raid group.

They wanted to know how I got a demo above a mil HPs…

1 Like