How was your week 1 Ulduar Prog?

Was it easier/harder than you thought?

Did you do any hard modes?

We got Hard Mode Flame Leviathan, Thorim and Council. Got to Yogg which i think we are doing Sunday or Monday.

Overall was way better than Naxx. It felt good not killing target dummies.

13 Likes

Not done yet. On guardians after the first night.

Didn’t do hard modes, raid lead wants to get on farm before working forward progression wise.

Much easier than anticipated, I figured the furthest we’d get is council or arm dude.

Much better than Naxx, felt like a real raid that some learning needed to happen.

Still easier than H+, and better risk vs. reward.

4 Likes

Think we got 8 NM on 25

It was pretty fun tbh, and a refreshing change to play FFB spec on a few bosses without feeling like I’m gimping my damage

Played arcane on most but FFB on cat lady, thorim and hodir

Was especially fun on Hodir.

Only a 1 night a week guild so that’ll probs be it for this week, hopefully next week we have better attendance so we don’t waste raid time getting pugs in

1 Like

I think normal mode is supposed to be easy right?

2 Likes

streamers and classic andys kept touting that even normal mode would ‘destroy dad guilds’ and ‘be a reckoning for guilds that have been having fun’. literally everyone else knew it would be easy because of the talent patch giving us like 3x the normal dps we would be doing

7 Likes

No, not this easy.

First night in OG we had a hard stop on XT. We one shot him tonight.
Crazy cat lady gave us fits last time too, and she got 2 shot.

The normal modes are much easier than I remember them.

Oh yeah probably because of this

We are on the final talent / class balancing patch as far as I know.

Its odd how much harder the Hard Modes are.

They make the fight 5x+ harder.

Prepare for a lot of prog when you do go for those fights.

3 Likes

I also thought normal would be harder, but it is literally a joke.

The hard modes are a massive step up tho.

1 Like

I’m hoping so. I enjoyed the progression work and the little sweat things we did working on 3D 10 man. That was fun.

I was expecting a bit more of a challenge tonight, not 1-3 shoting everything on normal.

And yea, Dad guild.

1 Like

Not doing it till Sunday, which our Shaman is out.

Thank god he’s back on Monday. :slight_smile:

We did do a run on the PTR before it got the zucc. Did Thor HM, rest normal just to see the content. Think we’re only trying to do Thor and Freyja HM. Still not understanding HM for Hodir as we’re 10 man so we don’t know if it’s 2 or 3 minutes for us. We’ll find out Monday when our Shaman is back and we get around a 2:40 kill. (3:10 kill on PTR with 9 of us.) ((Also also finally got Webbed Death and Sinister Revenge. Only been 4 months :sob:))

1 Like

semi hc. Did mostly normals with a few attempts at hm thorim. Got several attempts at yogg down to p3 4 lights to see the fight, albeit scuffed. Will kill next week, probably bagging a few hm kills too

Only got Freya in 25 man but did most of them in 10 man. Got a 100 healing parse (lul) on Vezax 10 man. Put to good use my FORETHOUGHT TALISMAN everyone bullied me for having instead of Darkmoon Card: Greatness.

Also, any other Paladin healers going for Vezax should go get the PvP libram for Flash of Light healing. Would have failed it without that Libram.

3 Likes

Part of the easiness (of normals at least) is the last patch tuning, but also the fact we are nore skilled in general and have a lot more tech like weakauras that didnt exist or existed in rudimentary states

2 Likes

Halfway done. Only stopped because people were tired, and Thursday isn’t our normal raid day.

We will get much further next week I think.

2 Likes

As someone who is active around here, Reddit and following tons of wow’tubers, I’ve literally have never seen anyone call Ulduar a “guild killer” or breaker or anything of the sorts.

I have no idea where you guys getting this info from.
Some fights are harder than others. HMs are meant to be tough. Not all guilds will be doing them.

3 Likes

We made it to Vezax but only a few of us had actually done Ulduar before. Most of it was pretty easy, I think we had the most trouble with Mimiron and Vezax. I did all of the hard modes back in original wrath and it’s about how I remember it, aside from the normal modes I never actually did like Freya, Thorim, etc. (I only did the hard modes for those, never normal)

Did thorim, freya on HM. Did iron council on medium mode, and got yogg 1 light down week 1. Honestly felt like hodir and general V may be the hardest hardmodes besides algalon.

1 Like

That’s solid.

We will be trying 1 light this weekend.

Everyone knew norns would be easy but I think the difficulty of HMs has been a refreshing challenge for many