How Warlock Demons Should Work

Dude…Yes!

All of this. Also, bring back green fire. Thanks.

1 Like

We all know someone at Blizzard plays BM and asks dev teams to keep putting in more pets, while Warlocks have had the same pets for 14+ years while also removing glyphs, grimoire of supremacy etc.

Problem is you wanna be hunters…which you aren’t. Every class needs to be “unique” and making you hunters 2.0 is just lame because then unholy dks should also get this system with melee, ranged, and magic undead minion selections.

No, I don’t.

I wanna be a Warlock and summon any Demon I want.

The method I described was based on the Vanilla / TBC / Wrath way Warlocks would get their Demons.

Hunters go out and tame animals.

Warlocks collect objects of power, summon and defeat Demons to create a contract.

2 Likes

But how is that any different then hunter? having a selection of pets is a hunter specialty. Your not a hunter, you summon demons from the nether to forcefully serve you.

Fixed that for you. :slight_smile:

Everything.

The method of obtaining the pet is different. One is a demon summoning ritual at a specific location followed by 1vs1 combat, the other is channeling some weird love beam at the target out in the world.

The gameplay is different. Hunters have 5 blank slots to choose whatever pets from whatever family they want. Warlocks have 5 fixed slots, one for each “Demon Class”.

Even the aesthetics are different, as Hunters call animals while Warlocks summon stuff like little gray dudes, big musclemen with weapons and winged voluptuous women.

It wasn’t always this way. Originally, Hunters could not level their pets up, and they had whatever stats and abilities their wild version had (there were no pet families). So Hunters had to tame the biggest baddest pet available and stick with it.

The only selection they could make was select between being optimal or being bad lol

That changed over time. The Hunter pet system was improved over time, while the Warlock minion system stayed basically the same. Maybe it’s time to improve the Warlock minion system.

Nothing about this description is at odds with my suggestion.

4 Likes

Entirely agreed!

Boys, no fighting. Ive thought up this type of system too. Wanted to post it a month ago but lost interest cause i lost my t3 and wanted to add shiny pics.

My version also included beating the elite classed demons 4 times before they subject.

Main thing is, we warlocks should srick together!

1 Like

I like this, it brings back some of that old school warlock vibe that is missing from current WoW. A handful of glyphs and minor cosmetic changes has never been enough.

2 Likes

Sounds like an interesting way to implement this.

It also makes “taming” demon pets feel unique and different from hunter taming that would help with flavor and making demon pets feel special for the warlock.

I would add that you could even add “rare” demon pets by making their summoning ingredients only drop from specific rare/bosses. Or you could just make the summoned demon stronger and harder to beat into submission instead.

I support this. More demons please!

#DemonGrimoireNow

i agree, demonology should use more type of demons.

I like it. My only concern is your first set of demons, the basic imp/voidwalker/etc…

Those should still come free, like pre-contracted or something. It’d be a pain to have such a critical class feature take so long to get at first.

Otherwise I’m all for it for more demons. Maybe give them different ability name and animations too. Like the effect is the same, just looks different.

IMO I miss the original quests for them, but they’re prolly not coming back. But as I stated in my iteration of this idea, I think the only demons you would be unable to ever release would be your original demons.

1 Like

What I would do is I would make them come free with their slot, and also give the player the “recipe” to acquire them free, making it require simple stuff like purple dye from the tailoring vendor (to draw the summoning circle).

So even if you get rid of your OG Demon by mistake you can get a new one easily.

Could return with the old quests to learn summoning them, i think in the new leveling island warlocks have a quest to learn the voidwalker

1 Like

Indeed!

We apparently use a grimoire to finish a summoning ritual for a Voidwalker from the Void.

2 Likes