How to report harassment

U can still be killed in gs if ur flagged

Hokay. You guys need to help yourselves before Blizzard will step in:

• Step 1: Unflag. Stop flagging. Then no one can kill you.
  • Step 2: When he says something to either of you, right click the chat and select ignore
  • Step 3: If anything in the message breaks the TOS, right-click and select report
  • Step 4: If he hops on another account or has a friend hop on and send you new messages, rinse and repeat. But now you don’t need to wait for the chat to break the TOS, now you can report him or his friends for anything they say because they’re circumventing an ignore
  • Step 5: Never, ever, ever…EVER…say anything back to him. Blizzard will consider that to be a conversation, and that means that he’s not harassing anyone
  • Step 6: If it keeps happening, open a ticket for ongoing harassment https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/8159

But Blizzard won’t do anything to help you unless you do steps 1-5 first. Every time.

6 Likes

Ignore is account wide

2 Likes

Again. Stop flagging yourself. And please read the thread I posted above.

1 Like

This is a pretty solid troll thread. GG

1 Like

Quoting this for emphasis:

And reposting this for more emphasis:

2 Likes

What would really make it great is if they jumped on another character and posted as the ex bf who found them on the forums

2 Likes

for that session.

it’s not a proper ignore.

then when you open your ticket, be sure to mention that you have their characters on ignore, and they circumvent the ignore by creating new characters.

1 Like

Dealing with former friends is tough. However, PvP is not against the rules or considered harassment. Even if someone corpse camps you. Blizzard will not assist with PvP related issues.

Step one is to put the person on IGNORE. If you do not do that, it is considered mutual discussion. Putting him on Ignore with your character will ignore all chars on his license. If he uses another account to circumvent the Ignore, then document it and use the Ongoing Harassment report option from the Support website. Sendryn linked the articles for it.

Each person who he contacts with chat needs to also put him on Ignore. Each will have to report any chat that violates the rules. You can’t report for them.

This post is excellent

1 Like

I’d hit the tracking button for that.

Then they would have to do ignore first and then report, since trying to do /ignore name-realm doesn’t work after the messages are removed from chat and gives you the “character can’t be found” message.

if the player has gone out of their way to create a new character to get around the ignore feature, just put them on ignore.

then open a ticket about ONGOING harassment.

using the report function won’t accomplish much with an ongoing situation.

Turn off the pvp if he is killing you

It’s still recommended by the blues to report chat spam, as well. It’s more reports listed and points easily to the timestamps they need to see. Especially when attempting to go around the ignore function.

And if you would read, I literally said after that to use the second link I posted, which is the ongoing harassment.

I honestly don’t know why you’re arguing with me. I’m done with you.

I’m pretty sure there are limits to this. In severe cases they do step in. Heard blizz comment on it before cant give an exact quote though.

reporting harassment as spam, is pointless… and will result in zero outcome.
I’m not interested in arguing with you.
I just want to make sure that the correct information is provided.

Continuing the discussion from Spotlight on: Harassment:

If it crosses over into Zone Disruption they will, but other than that, no. They expect us to head back to a city and turn off PvP. On Classic/Wrath you find others and fight back.

Here is the policy

Common Problems

• A player is camping me
  • Keep being ganked and can’t play the game at all
  • A player of the opposite faction is killing NPCs
    The Game Master staff will not intervene in Player versus Player (PvP) disputes.

World of Warcraft

If you do not wish to engage in open world PvP combat in World of Warcraft, disable War Mode.

WoW Classic and Wrath of the Lich King Classic

If you do not wish to engage in regular PvP combat, you must create your character on a Player versus Environment (PvE) realm. On a PvE realm, you can freely choose when you want to engage in open world PvP combat by enabling or disabling your PvP flag.

If you chose to create your character on a PvP realm, Game Masters will not address situations where you are repeatedly killed by the opposite faction. This includes situations that may be considered dishonorable such as corpse camping or killing players well below your level.

3 Likes

Only stuff like killing low level questgivers etc. Given you can easily avoid any pvp interaction by turning off Warmode they will no longer interfere in any strictly PvP related scenario.

1 Like

The correct information WAS provided. I literally linked the Spotlight and when I told him to right click report it was for this:

Please follow the discussion next time before you nitpick incorrectly. Thanks. Have a nice night.

…which wouldn’t be able to happen if they were on ignore.

right?
right.

you’re welcome!

1 Like