How to remove a non wow account?

so i apparently today got an email from blizz about destiny 2 being moving to another platform of some sort which leaves me confused.

i dont even play destiny2, starcraft 2, wc3 or any of the other blizz titles so im not sure why i even have accounts on them much less them being active. the only other blizz title ive ever really played is hearthstone. is there a way to get these accounts removed as i dont play them nor have ever downloaded/installed them from bnet desktop?

Those accounts don’t exist anymore since Bungie split from Activision. If you don’t see anything regarding Destiny in your account management, there’s nothing to be removed and that email, which was sent out months ago that I recall, can be ignored.

3 Likes

It should be automatic with Destiny going to steam, it’s not on my page anyway, just Modern Warfare.

You had to move the account though, I forget the link.

1 Like

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/PCMove

1 Like

if it went out months ago why would i just get it now in the last 20 ish minutes? haha seems strange. and looking at my account data it doesnt show an account of any sort nor active for destiny anyway, for overwatch hearthstone, starcraft are all active status but i dont even play them.

There was a recent email. The October deadline is coming up so reminders went out for those who appear to may still have Destiny 2 licenses on their Battle.net accounts.

The link Kozzae provided should help get things moving. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i dont have an account showing under destiny 2 on my account info under games. unlike with sc2 overwatch and hearthstone that all show active account licenses. so im guessing the email is just a reminder alert that its being moved to steam and as i dont play it or have an account on it dont need to do anything then as itll just be removed off my bnet games list then?

As far as I know it should only be going to folks who show a license on the Battle.net account. It is entirely possible you received it by mistake though.

If you don’t see a Destiny 2 license when using the transfer link, and you don’t recall having one, I’d say you are probably good to ignore it.

1 Like

Destiny 2 was given away for free as per a Blizzcon 2018 announcement. You might have the flag on your account even if you never downloaded or played it.

4 Likes

That was my guess as well. The account would have a form of Destiny 2 license without the actual game. When they pulled data for those emails to go out that triggered it.

4 Likes