How to populate the empty cities

the elevator in org makes me want to scream any time i level an alt
i realize it’s roughly 30s of waiting tops
but it feels like an eternity

1 Like

I’m willing to populate some cities with some folks that are also willing.

1 Like

Exactly. For whatever odd reason blizzard puts their vision of lore beyond play convenience with cities. They want Org and SW to be the faction capitals so they put things like transmog and portal rooms that aren’t in ever city. It’s silly. I think players will still know the faction capitals are Org and SW even if the other cities have portals and transmog and whatever else is missing from them.

The simplest solution is to just add the missing functionality of SW/Org to the other capitals. Then players can simply choose to occupy those other cities, instead of being funnelled into SW/Org.

1 Like

Yu can thank blizzard in cataclysm for that.

1 Like

That would be rough

This is intentional. If Blizzard wanted us in other cities, they wouldn’t be useless. And Blizzard wouldn’t be deleting them in patches (see: Undercity, Darnassus). And they wouldn’t be removing Portals from those that had them (see: Dalaran, Shrine, Stormshield, Dalaran again).

Yup it’s a hassle to travel when you can’t port.

No thanks. I really don’t want to stop and pay a mage NPC every time I use a service I currently get completely for free.

Honestly simply giving each city the same amenities would go a long way. Beyond simply having all the expansion portals in only SW/Org, every expansion and event breadcrumb seems to start there as well.

Just go to bfa and take the extra portals their

Man, I remember when Ironforge was the Alliance capital (player wise I mean) . . . but yea this was kinda brought about by Blizzard when they kept giving major updates to Stormwind and Orgrimmar, slowly phasing out other cities that either had more traffic or anything close to their population (stuff like making the singular portal rooms in SW and Org or removing the various other portals from places like Dalaran or the Vale of Eternal Blossom shrines).

Only way I could think to reverse this is update the other cities more and stop updating SW and Org.

Also fun side note, back in BC they tried to design Silvermoon to become, and I quote, “The Horde’s Ironforge.” . . . don’t think it’s EVER seen vanilla Ironforge’s numbers popwise.

1 Like

I’d only support this if the gold went into a random mage. Rather than go into the void.

1 Like

How thoughtful (:

Where is the fantasy of sitting on a fp to another city while you afk and watch netflix.

But you did once try to tell people timing +25 keys they need skill… so

if people didnt have to worry about speech rules they wouldnt use alternet sources and as such would be more likely to meet and talk in game. but because some of you get easily hurt feelings we dont get nice things.

1 Like

Sounds like they aren’t handling CRZ and sharding well enough then.

That is an already in game solution to individual zones not being populated.

the scenic route is for you to watch the scenery. if you don’t know how to play a fantasy MMO, that’s not the MMO’s fault. Turn off Netflix and look at the treeline.

i’m more than happy to discuss this with you in its respective conversation. This one is not that one. Your attack of character is a desperate grasp at straws and completely misses the bare minimum needed to stage a comeback against someone of my caliber.

It looks the same every time tbf.

a man never crosses the same river twice…