How to populate the empty cities

Ironforge from a dragon’s view is not… that … visible. he flew South so he never even saw it probably. only visible part is the airport.

p.s. how did he fly from Northrend past Darnassus/Exodar missing both, over Darkshore docks and then next off over loch modan? did he take a left turn at Stonetalon and missed orgrimar or … where did he cross the ocean? and missed Southshore, the double bridge, sunk Menethil and stopped in Stormwind? on his way where? to the dark portal? kappa.

There might be a “Populated City Lootbox” one day for $49.99. That’s 800% value!

Blizzard doesn’t actually want you to use any of the other capital cities. They want you to congregate in crowds in Stormwind and Orgrimmar. They have stated this in the past and it is why they removed portals in the past.

Personally, I like it the way it is. My Auction House rogue is in “Legion” Dalaran and it is quite peaceful there without people standing on vendors and mounts on mailboxes. I even go to Dalaran for holiday events because there are always fewer people now that the tree has burnt down for most of the players. The only reason to go to Ironforge is to open Winterveil presents and I do that on the 26th or 27th to avoid people standing on everything.

I barely ever go to org. I don’t go to SW because I moved my ally toons to horde.

I think the graphics in the major cities need to be seriously updated first. What did Prophet Velen say in Legion why the Draenei never fixed the Exodar city? Because they were too busy building a space travel craft to go to Argus?

Slams fist Let me live in populated Silvermoon, dangit! And let me fly there :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

You don’t wanna fly there it’s a MESS.

I know a lot of people, myself included, who would never go to Org if the other capital cities had portal rooms and the other things I mentioned.

org is a depressing city but my city is currently on fire it’s very uipsetititittity.

I second that. Silvermoon is pretty gorgeous, and so much potential can still be had there!

It deserves a revamp and a troll section.

Easy-just have babies or implement Joe Biden’s border policies.

That’s well and good for someone rich enough to afford a five million gold mount that’s not very easily obtainable any more, or for characters that have the engineering profession, and/or are willing to deal with long cool-downs of at least a half hour. Most people use their bank every day, not “twice a year”…especially if they have crafting/cooking professions.

Unless, of course, the dragon is already living in your mountain like in LotR. Then it just busts out the side and you have a massive clean up. Also, kind of makes it hard to live there when you have a freeloading dragon just sitting on piles of cash.:dragon: :coin:

you must be new here… once upon a time there was portals to virtually every main city and area of importance… but Blizzard removed them back in 8.1.5…

this was blizzard’s dumb reasoning:

These are the portals that have been removed from various locations:

Dalaran (Legion)

• Ironforge/Thunder Bluff
  • Darnassus/Undercity
  • Caverns of Time
  • Dalaran Crater
  • Karazhan
  • The Exodar/Silvermoon City
  • Shattrath
  • Wyrmrest Temple
  • Vale of the Eternal Blossoms

Shrine of the Seven Stars/Two Moons

• Shattrath
  • Dalaran (Northrend)

Dalaran (Northrend)

• Caverns of Time

Stormwind/Orgimmar

• Hellfire Peninsula

Oribos

• And if Blizzard’s stance of portals didn’t change, i’m sure Oribos would have had a full fledged portal room as well like virtually every expansion prior, rather than an additional completely useless area within it.

Rather than making the world feel more alive… imo, it made the world dead, because before personally I would often travel to locations such as Dalaran, Shrine of Seven Stars, even the Exodar because there was a convenient portal that made traveling to these various locations quick and easy, for when I needed to do stuff, such as use a bank, auction house, or whatever… but since the portals are gone, I just stay put in one area (just the current expansion main city) as it’s way too inconvenient and time consuming to travel to another city these days.

1 Like

Double the npc’s. But give them AI like islands and comp stomp so they walk around talking to each other, using the bank and ah, practicing on target dummies, etc. Because face it. Until every city gets a portal room we aren’t going there unless we have a specific reason.

1 Like

They would have to create mega servers so the world does not feel empty. I’d like to chill in lordaeron rather than Org.

1 Like

The cities are empty because all players are funneled into Orgrimmar or Stormwind, with massive CRZ’s to make it look busy.

And in fact they are as busy as they were back during wod, when those cities were single realm. That’s how much the population has fallen.

1 Like

how do you typo a number when you spell it out.

s i x is not anywhere near f i v e. well except the “i”.

I love Ironforge. Nowadays though it is gigantic, echo filled and lonely. It is depressing to be there by yourself.