How to increase RBG participation

yuh, again, pvp in general

did you forget you found yourself in a thread specifically talking about increasing participation?

1 Like

You’re right, there is always cheating albeit a smartass response. But trying to argue Wod/Mop were not the epitome of rbg cheating then you didn’t play, you yourself cheated, or your head is very deep in a dark damp place and probably needs removal

1 Like

The bots and hacks were so bad in WoD, at one point literally every other thread on the first page (the forums had pages then) were complaints about them.

It got so bad someone made a separate website to list and name hackers and botters.

Rated battlegrounds are fairly dead already but DF I think will put the final nail in the coffin. And I say good riddance, lol.

Maybe re-read the comment I replied to first just to remember the track you’re on.

I’ve never cheated in WoW before. I also haven’t been banned for cheating before either, or perhaps that’s just chance?
I’d love to see some proof if you have it though.

Except… it’s not.

A 6v6 solo queue would stop a lot of that. Though at the end of the day an RBG team without a rogue or with two bad healer specs wouldn’t do well, I guess it’d round out.

The 10v10 setup promotes these more because there are fewer teams queueing than arena. I would reckon maybe 1/20 or maybe even less of my arena games are a team running in, taking a hit, and leaving. It’s probably about 1/4 of my RBG games.

I don’t know if I would say it promotes toxicity as much as I would say it is complacent on it. Someone on your team is respected as a good player but constantly is toxic, welp, too bad because nobody is gonna’ kick 'em. The amount of times I’ve seen someone stand up to prejudice in an RBG is 0. LITERALLY. The amount of times I’ve been told to, “Come back, just ignore him, what about the rest of us, etc,” is innumerable.

Except RBGs are significantly less important to good PVPers. Like, if an R1 player wanted to go get hero, they could just go do that right? At the end of the day it’s not some magically difficult skillset those players don’t have. I’d argue a mount and title isn’t that important to someone who has prestige.

I think 3v3 arena at its core is fun. Hell RBGs at their core can be fun too. However, arena doesn’t require me to go grab 9 other people from a pool of players and have to make exceptions to skill, attitude, etc, to fill a group.

Increasing the overall playerbase is significantly more important than dragging back a small portion of the top %. On top of this, the top % of RBG players don’t need rewarded. They’re a$$holes.

2 Likes

I think blizz looks at rbgs balancing and just kinda doesn’t know what to do with it and moves on to the next item on the list saying they’ll come back to it. It’s a dead bracket because blizz chooses to ignore the problems it faces.

There’s clearly a lack of both, rewards and lack of spec balancing.

Seeing someone high rated in rbgs doesn’t carry the same prestige as seeing someone high rated in 3s. If you see someone who got high rated in rbgs in mop-wod you auto assume they played with cheaters because of how prevalent it was.

Even that one dev who made the woe is me video after he left blizzard was caught playing with cheaters and exposed by doggo I think it was. You even had people defending the dude by saying “aT lEaSt He Is PlayN pVp.” Yet we got 0 balancing changes out of him getting boosted.

RBGs needs a ton of love from the devs if they don’t want the bracket to continue to be dead.

Or don’t make us use lfg tool and wait 2 hours to play a single BG.

Worst system ever created.

Wasn’t a video was a Reddit post and it was Chris Kaleki. But yeah, I did that and nothing came of it. If it wasn’t clear enough that the devs were unethical then, then I’d imagine most people figured it out by the time the State of CA started investigating them.

I think one of the big problems with the situation was that when you get boosted as a dev (even though lots of players do too), it really doesn’t let you as someone who has control over the game understand what other players go through. There’s so many things that have just gone wrong with the game, and specifically RBGs, that trying to pin point a specific reason as to why they suck isn’t possible. I however think the main reason why they suck is because they don’t give the vast majority of people who play them rewards. It’s why the biggest season in RBGs in years was S1 Slands for 233 weapons. Once all the PVE players complained that there were good PVE rewards to be had from PVP, $hit hit the fan and blizz removed it. RBGs went back to being a dead bracket… again.

I meant Chris K made a qq video after he quit blizz. I couldn’t remember his name at the moment typing that and didn’t feel like looking it up.

I agree with everything you said there though.

Honestly RBGS are a complete hassle now unless you’ve got a standard team. Trying to pug a group in LFG is always a nightmare, half the time the group will almost be full or people will bail right before the que. Leading more people to bail and it seems to happen like this very often.

I think Blizzard need to do their pvp tuning focused on rbg’s…it is an MASSIVLY-MULTIPLAYER-Onlinegame after all. Tuning the WoW pvp world around 3vs3 minigames is not healthy for the greater part of the game.

RBG’s are a much better introduction place for new players to rated content as well. So focus should be there.

The rewards should massivly outdo the arena (dueltype of pvp) rewards.

Far better mounts/tmogs/pets.

Also a good reward is a resource that can be traded to a vendor for crafting materials, letting rbg players interact with the pve economy and make some gold.

People who wants to duel, 2vs2, 3vs3 shouldnt be rewarded as much as those who interact with larger groups of the community…in-game.

2 Likes

I think they need to offer more rewards different than Arena rewards. Like a separate color mount for Arena and one for RBGs. Right now it’s only a title difference but with RBGs once you get it, it’s there forever.

I kind of agree on this, but at the same time its mostly the same players getting those arena titles the last 10 years or so. I dont think those arena titles therefore have much real value since its close to impossible for newer players to ever get up to that level…and than also find other players to group with for that lvl of play.

So personally I think they might as well make the arena title into a 1 time achievment, to actually demotivate those few who hold on to the titles every season.

Like s2 when one of the top or was it r1 shamans has 7 alts of same spec and all of hes alts are high rated…blocking the path for newer players and demotivating them.

So what im trying to say is…up the value of rbg’s considerably and lower the value of arenas.