How to get to Azuremyst Isle

Quick question. I think I’m asking all the wrong questions on the Internet to figure this out.

Got my hunter that wants to tame a pet in Azuremyst isle. I auto leveled her & went through everything in BFA.

Finally figured out I can’t get there by swimming despite using a potion. After some research figured I’d have to use Chromie, but she’s not in Stormwind Embassy or anywhere I’ve looked.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks

PS, edit: going to ask on Hunter forum too. Also, changed title in case anyone else asks as all answers on Internet are too dated

There should be a ship that can simply take you there. I would assume it’s in stormwind. Someone who mains the alliance could likely help you better… Or ask a mage to port you to The Exodar. That’s the Draenei capital city.

I believe you can also ask the Bronze Dragon to turn back time in Darkshore. I believe there’s a portal to Azuremyst either in Darkshore or in the dock area of Teldrassil.

The Draenei and Blood Elf starting areas came out in BC and aren’t considered part of the Azeroth map. That’s why you can’t swim to Azuremyst and also why you can’t fly into the BE area.

3 Likes

Take boat to teldrassil. Run across the dock to the other boat to azuremyst.

1 Like

Another way is to fly to Teldrassil and at the dock there’s a portal to Azuremyst now.

Boat goes to broken shore now, but there is a portal, but of course no Tree or Ruthveran village.

1 Like

There’s also an Exodar portal in the SW Portal Room.

5 Likes

Theres a portal in the Stormwind Mage Tower that takes you to the Exodar, which is arguably the most convenient way. Just walk up the ramp out of the city.

1 Like

Ahh, I forgot the portal room would have a portal to the Exodar. I forget the horde even has one to Silvermoon. That would definitely be the best way!

In newer expansions, most of these major events that alter an area have a bronze dragon hanging out in them that can revert time back to how they were. If you go to Darkshore, you’ll see a little marker on your map showing you where she is. It looks like a little white dialogue cloud I believe.

She can revert time and bring the tree back :slight_smile: Portal room to exodar is definitely the best way. But good to know in case you ever want to bring Darnassus back so you can hang out.

1 Like

Only thing I didn’t do…I think I just keep ending up on the dark shore and forgot how I used to do it…long time ago. I know its something stupid and little I’m missing. Tried a few of suggestions and didn’t work…2 stupid unproductive hours - or it’s like Edison who said his light bulb failures were just learning how not to do it. lol

Gods, I miss that beautiful place. Damn, they could have accomplished the same effect a 100 different ways than burning that tree!! Stopping, we’ve all hashed that one out with total disgust. Thx though

How do I get there as a horde player?
I´ve tried to phase back to the past on Zidormi and fly to Rut’theran Village. I see the portal but cant click on it.

2 Likes

Oh gawd, memory isn’t on one of it’s better days.

Okaaay, I used Zidormi. BLANK. It was super simple after that. Damn. All I seem to remember is after using her mounting up and riding there. :roll_eyes: couldn’t fly yet…

I’ll look some stuff up and see if it jogs my memory.

All I got was this (end of article tells how for a Horde - you have to hijack a boat in Ruth’ervan which doesn’t sound right):

“Bloodmyst Isle - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft” https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Bloodmyst_Isle

I’m so stupid. I’ve just realized (after two hours searching for answers), that there is in fact, two docks with two different portals. One is clickable and takes you to Exodar.
Oh my God.

4 Likes

Don’t feel too bad. I searched the internet myself and traveled every which way for over two hours before asking - and even then feeling like a prime idjit. Then I couldn’t help you! Glad you found it - one idjit to another :wink:

Horde can use the portals? O.o

Horde always gets all the cookies in the cookie jar.

Not chromie.

Go to darkshore and talk to ZIDORMI.

Ask to see the world BEFORE BFA/CATA

Take the boat to teldrassil

At the end of one of the docks will be a portal to azuremyst

1 Like

No we can’t.

At least we never could before. If we needed to get there we took the ship by riding the sail poles (or whatever they are called) and going to Exodor.

I haven’t been there in forever and no doubt took the long way around, but I’d catch a ship from Stormwind and then the ship to Exodor. It was fun avoiding the Allie NPC’s and sometimes the players.

Wondered if there would be a comment like this and thought there would be. I was right.

The dock to the right ( after coming through portal from Darnassius) is the one you need to go to Azuremyst.

The ships don’t exist anymore. So it’s possible they let Horde use the portals because otherwise they can’t get there at all.

1 Like