How to get more posts deleted

Hey guys.

I dared post some feedback on General and… well, it didn’t go well at all.

I’ve deleted all I can, but now I can no longer delete nor edit any more of my posts. I want out of it and wish I’d never posted anything to begin with. I give up, I suck at the game and the trolls can freakin’ win.

Please let me know how to escape the hell I seem to have wandered into.

Thanks,

I assume you mean that you’ve hit a post delete cap? I haven’t heard of anything like that before your post, but it stands to reason with likes and reports also having daily caps. Until your counts have been refreshed (I believe with the next daily reset), at the bottom of the thread under the share/bookmark/flag/reply buttons, there’s a dropdown option.

You can change that to muted and then just put the thread at the back of your mind, you won’t be notified of any more activity.

4 Likes

Yes, it starts with a minute, then goes to 24 hrs after a few.

Thank you, I’d forgotten that option. You’re a blessing.

1 Like

Muchly welcome! I do implore you pay no mind to forum trolls, they tend to be the vocal minority in a lot of ways. I’m not sure the contents or subject of the thread in question, but perhaps you might turn to some people you know in-game for assistance in the future? Your guild, for example.

2 Likes

I don’t usually. It was the sheer volume, plus more stress from another direction. I know devs can read what’s been deleted so I’m satisfied with that much, but I think I’ll keep my feedback in-game from now on.

When I post feedback in General, of course I post what I feel. Then I unsubscribe from the thread and never come back, generally.

There isn’t some kind of feedback one can post that won’t get push-back. It’s just the nature of millions of people trying to agree. You could post that you’re giving away 50 million gold and that you’ll offer someone 5 years of sub fees and you’d still get multiple posts with negative comments that eventually devolve into an argument about politics or sexual identity. Lulz…

Anyway, no need to ever come back to see what kind of attention your feedback generated, nor is there a need to edit things out or delete them, actually. Just post the feedback and leave it.

The people whose job it is to absorb feedback absorb it all the same. Doesn’t matter if 150 people came after you to rabble, rabble, rabble.

Good luck!

4 Likes

Seems kinda pointless to edit posts that have been quoted already.

3 Likes

I know, I know. I usually do exactly that for exactly that reason.

Yesterday was not a good day for me.