How to get LFR Appearance with High iLvl?

How do I get the LFR tier set color variation on a toon who has outgeared LFR stuff? I can’t roll need in LFR and rolling xmog need in LFR imply means I will never win it? Is there some other way?

Convert Gear from M+ that matches the ilvl range of LFR, same with the BoE epics on the AH.

441-450 ilvl gear, Key lvl 2-8 should work

2 Likes
  1. Mythic route (relies on luck of the dungeon loot, but can target dungeons for pieces you need):
    +2-8 already mentioned in the comment above

2. LFR route (relies on luck of the drops and rolls):
    You can convert non-tier pieces from LFR in the catalyst. For example, need roll on the mail chest from Gnarlroot and convert it to your tier chest in the catalyst. Some pieces also have lookalikes which you can roll on as long as you don’t have the exact same item at the same ilvl or above.

3. Emerald Dream world content route (relies on RNG of the caches):

1 Like

Just have a character that just does LFR to roll for mogs for loot ,and you will also get to pick from the vault for LFR mogs.

This is what I did. I got a handful of opposite faction alts of my favorite classes up to 424 to farm LFR. But I know not everyone has a slew of alts (particularly multiple of each class) with the proper ilvl to do so or wants to go through LFR as often as I have lately. :crazy_face:

I forgot to mention in my original response that you can try to farm curios from Fyrakk in LFR to get set pieces on characters that already have high ilvl tier. You can roll need on those regardless of your gear. You can also offer to buy them from the winners if you are desperate enough (someone bought one of mine while I was mog farming on my alt).

Additionally, a handful of classes will have the same mog sets in season 4 that you can continue to farm then.

A couple other options may be that you offer players in the dungeon or raid gold for the item to be traded to you. If it drops for them.
Alternatively, you can get a group of similar classes together in a group prior. With the purpose of class stacking for loot drops. Trading amongst each other on daily, weekly basis. Gold. Etc.