How to destroy more MMORPG aspects: Make World Bosses instanced

Genius, Classic Team. Continue listening to the Retail Colonizers.

The whole cool thing about getting a World Boss kill/item was that they were heavily contested. This created same faction drama and opposing faction world PvP, exactly what an MMORPG lives off.

And i am not biased. I only partook in 1 world boss kill in vanilla, and probably only about 8 in 2019 Classic. But guess what, those times were memorable.

Keep erasing open world gameplay, keep defiling the original game.

I bet the Turtle WoW devs appreciate all the people you send them.

45 Likes

I thought the change was pretty smart to be honest.

They just added repeatable raid content, that you can do on a schedule with your guild, without actually adding new raid bosses.

28 Likes

At least remove the word “World” from their titles then lol right?

5 Likes

Well if you’re not smart of course you would think that.

Rest in peace to the best open world content in the game.

Rest in peace SoD.

14 Likes

Yes, more low effort garbage content. Like everything else in SOD.

7 Likes

Yeah… this one was pretty bad.

I don’t think the devs understand the magic of what made the original game. At all.

Taking the “world bosses” down to another boring raid encounter that no one will remember in a year, because who remembers boring things, where it’s all and only about handing more loot to whoever wants it, is pretty bad.

This is why I’ve started being more #nochanges once the stuff started changing in TBCC.

I get that SoD is about changes and this is just another one but so far what has that done in regards to retaining players and making it more fun? Is it even remotely fun to do a “world boss” with zero danger?

18 Likes

Im sorry but I love this change.

I never got to do those bosses or get a reward because of the context of world boss in classic.

7 Likes

They have been open world since WoW came out. Now they got changed. Not a good choice. If we want to fight bosses in an instance, we will simply go into one of the raids and do them.

13 Likes

That’s my sentiment as well. I have done them a couple times but never felt like doing them consistently due to the hassle.

Looking forward to hitting them up on a weekly rotation with the boys.

Net increase in weekly content for me.

6 Likes

Great, you can finally “do the content”, not in the way that it was intended, or in a way that feels at all like the original, but it’s all about participation trophies.

It’s all about the gear right and rotations right? Things like having real fun and especially making lasting memories are totally irrelevant.

16 Likes

You think im sorry ?? This change is great.

There was no way for someone thats not in a guild that checked timer and is hardcore to get those bosses.

My guild dosent.

But we still gonna see those world bosses so that’s great !!!

cry more.

13 Likes

Let’s be honest, if you weren’t one of the guilds that had constantly control of the world bosses, you were never seeing them. They effectively didn’t exist.

This is an improvement.

18 Likes

Of course I don’t. Your stance was clear.

You’re “doing those bosses” as much as the Gucci bought from a sketchy site online is real, but please keep praising changes like this, I’m sure you’ll remember the encounters in a few years as much as you/people remember Ruby Sanctum.

It is fair to say I’m disappointed in the direction the devs have gone and am voicing my opinions, but I haven’t been wasting my time with SoD, and every time this stuff happens it makes me glad that this is the case. I’ve been touching a lot of grass and not dealing with this.

11 Likes

Bye felicia

5 Likes

I’ve been gone for a while but will still post when I feel like it.

VERY mature comebacks by the way. I can see why you want this so badly.

7 Likes

You’re either lying or uneducated. I helped a half dozen guilds on DD, the most dad server, get world bosses. Moms with three kids getting crowns. You join a coalition. You joined a bad guild and have bad officers and a bad guild leader.

Don’t blame the game.

9 Likes

Incorrect aggrends alt, you’ve never played vanilla before. Please stop posting lies.

3 Likes

Your previous post literally suggests I am right. You talk about how people CONTROL THE WORLD BOSS SPAWN.

That was never a fun aspect of the game.

13 Likes

Wooo lets make everything that was once epic not epic anymore!

9 Likes

World bosses on multi day respawns were dumb and needed to stay in Everquest where they belong.

10 Likes