How to deal with false reports

“Your team members report you for cheating, which includes automatic play and abuse of game mechanics”

i got teammate reporting for botting things,apparently its not like that,but i got banned ,its a suspension for 6months through the appeal,i just dont get it ,how does this happen? cus i didnt use any programs for being like that,i just ran a lot of dungeons with my main by manual to level up my alt from lvl1-lvl60 .my main is a mage and i carried a lot of runs for free also,it took mine 10days and nights.im so depressed right now. i dont know why those people report me,i didnt even charge any gold from them.
its werid ,my alt was banned but my main is fine ,they were logged in by the same computer.and now ,gm told me its done ,no more further requests,what can i do,guys ,is there anything more i can do?how to deal with false reports like this ?

32 Likes

The email you get outlines how to appeal.

3 Likes

If they tell you no more tickets will be heard then theres literaly nothing further that can be done blizzard only says that when theres enough evidence to back it.

4 Likes

He did and it was upheld and told no further apeals will be heard.

1 Like

Yep, totally skipped over that.

2 Likes

You’ve filed your appeal and have been told that no further appeals will be heard. Unfortunately, that is it. Posting here to this forum won’t get you very far, seeing as this forum is for players to help other players. No GMs come to this particular forum, it’s only manned by us players and the SFAs who moderate and offer their advice and insight.

That said, it might have been something pertaining to your running, it might have been something else entirely and from some time ago. More often than not, it takes some time (as in weeks or even months) for Blizzard to research into things before sanctions are issued.

Without knowing more specifics - which Blizzard rarely offers because they don’t want to tip off bots - even though you say you did nothing wrong? If you share your computer(s) with someone else, they may have some program installed that caught Warden. If you share your account with a sibling or anyone else, it could have been something they did (Or that you were sharing an account at all, as that is NOT allowed with the exception of a parent/guardian and a minor child). Mind you, these are just a couple of examples that might be something to look into on your end as it’s something we’ve seen happen plenty on this forum, but not anything that any of us would know obviously.

Perhaps one of our SFAs will take a peek if they’re able to, since one account was flagged but the other wasn’t. Just know that a Blue response is not something you’re guaranteed to.

4 Likes

yeah ,those were considered ,but my alt was created about 12days ago,they didnt have any chance to do anything else,even make a group with others. and they shared my computer with my main ,no one else, just me .my main would get involved with if there’s anything about unauthorized programs,thats why im so confused.
the only thing i can tell is i was running a lot of dungeons with my main by manual and it took me a lot of time also,i mean days and nights.i invited someone who’s level was close to my alt to join us as free runs and i refused someone who was asking for carrying runs when my alt was lvl50+ but they were lvl20+.there’re no more else during these time except more runs and so many death i’d been through.

False reports don’t cause anything to happen at all. Penalties are handed out manually after a human reviews the reports.

8 Likes

if anything was going to happen,it was going to my main not my alt,cause my alt did nothing but follow my main all the time.

Nothing will be done via the forums as no one on the forums can appeal this on your behave or get it appeal at all. The blues here are not part of that team.

1 Like

yeah,i know ,just want to figure something out,so depressed right now.

You keep referring to your “alt” or your “main”, but Blizz doesn’t ever say “Your alt was caught botting…” or “Your main was caught cheating…” etc.

At the end of the day, something you were doing on your account triggered an account action. If the email you received stated that the account action was due to Botting, then it could have been any character on your account that might have been played while in the presence of automation software.

When you appealed, it would have been looked at by a separate set of eyes and that person came to the same conclusion. Unfortunately, usually at that point they don’t tend to accept further appeals.

Sorry :frowning:

7 Likes

yes,those you mentioned are possible ,but one of my alt was created about 12days ago,during those days i’d done dungeons all the time,obviously,its just like the email says i was reported by teammates for botting?it makes sense.
by the way,is there any possible that GM considered i was cheating just because my alt was leveling up too fast?

What do you mean by “too fast”?

A GM isn’t likely to look at how fast you gained levels unless you also neglected to log out each day and were playing non-stop in a fashion that’s simply not possible (due to needing sleep).

2 Likes

actually,i was doing dungeons more than 14hours each day i guess,so my alt could level up very fast ,it means today im lvl20 and tomorrow it would be lvl40+ or lvl50+,thats possible,so i would understand if someone was shocked but report me to be banned? that was going too far.

Speculation here is only gonna get you frustrated. Best wait for your appeal to be looked at.

As others pointed out, someone reporting you does not automatically end up in an account action. Reports are investigated and if no wrong doing took place, then you’d never even know you were reported.

Unfortunately, there’s no other option at this point other than waiting out the suspension.

Best of luck to you Anmry.

3 Likes

thank you for your reply

To add to this, people always assume that it was whatever they were doing when the ban happened, but it was often something that happened weeks or months earlier. Botting investigations take time.

4 Likes

Does your alt have a profession? Was your alt ever logged in without your main? 14 hours a day? That’s a bit much, especially when it’s 10 days in a row.

Few weeks ago someone was arguing that he rarely plays, and Vrak (I think) came in and said for “rarely playing your guy was online 20 hours a day ect ect”. In my progression guild we had a botter and it was so obvious. I got him banned. He was a jerk too in raid chat and in ventrillo (a long time ago).

Sucks to get banned. Be glad your main didn’t get it.

1 Like