How to counter a ret in PVP now?

you stop queueing until they balance this mess

How do I tell when that is going to happen?
A big ball of light is al lI see comin at me LoL.

Seriously is it maybe my graphics or display settings, am I missing something?
I don’t want any class nerfed to the ground and if we aren’t careful that is what happens.
wanting to learn how to at least have half a chance for now.

PS.
I ran my mouth a bit wondering how any of it was such a problem to everyone and then I noticed I had only been playing crappy players mostly or getting lucky and getting on good teams that would play with me and notice what I was going to do(hard to do cc when everyone won’t go along with it sometimes for me at least).

I don’t do ranked stuff though, is there still some sort of matchamking going on even in random bgs?

Bored of the pve thing after 17 years and trying to make pvp fun now.
If i say stupid things it is usually because I was misinformed or missed something haha.

Because counters to it exist. Just not for everyone. Its also RNG in what it removes. Could get SWP, could get Vamp Touch and get feared to Narnia.

Could get Corruption, could get UA and get Thanos Snapped.

Also, Cleanse the Weak for Holy is the exact same talent tied to Cleanse instead of Judgement and CtW is more consistent. Whatever you remove, you remove from EVERYONE within your auras.

Nobody cried about JotP AT ALL during DF until crying got ret nerfed the first time. This is just crying for more nerfs for the sake of more nerfs because people want Ret to be terrible forever.

6 Likes

Sure they are!

Ret/Arms Ret/BM seem to me to be the most complained about comps.

Notice the commonality between those two?

Or arms/dps/heals

2 Likes

Ret/demo is another one (again, notice the commonality?)

I haven’t seen anyone complaining about arms lately, except when paired with ret.

Once ret gets put on a level playing field, people might shift to arms as the next spec that needs to be brought in line.

What does Blizzard say about it?

No please, I had plans to play one again someday.

I for one just want to learn to at least make it fun or interesting before I die, then maybe I can learn how win haha.

So you are saying that Ret is basically on every comp, but there are still more Arms warrior than Rets over 2400 in 3s, the so called standard for pvp balance.

Doesn’t that mean that Arms is overperforming compared to Ret in 3s at least?

7 Likes

Play monk…LMAO.

Yeah, but 90% of our abilities have 20 yards range now. Kitting is isn’t much of an option no more.

I think Venruki plays a lot of arena at high rating, see what he has to say about ret right now:

2 Likes

Representation and popularity doesn’t not equate to being overpowered.
And I’m not going to take someone like him seriously, when in one fight he didn’t bother to blink the stun, nor popped a single defensive and then wonders why he lost.

Goes to show what the real truth is. People have gotten so used to Ret being soo easy they forgot to bother learning how to counter it against it. And it shows as Ret went from the class spec dying the most to now really performing.

Also things like Judgements of the Pure are not why Ret is overpowered, They’ve had that ability for years and it wasn’t a problem then. Heck Ret from the very start all the way till wrath could magic cleanse, with no Cooldown. So its not exactly a game changer. Healers do it all the time, no one complains. Oh but that’s, right people have this stale meta notion of how they think things remain. That only healers should cleanse.

Oh and do notice I didn’t once say ret wasn’t overpowered.

4 Likes

Watch him play double ret then (for the first time ever):

I guess you don’t play boomkin, ele, shadowpriest, or destro…

Apparently it was part of the reason according to Blizzard though:

1 Like

They have flashbacks to wotlk …

Still have fond memories of the Wotlk Pre patch that unshackled ret for the first time.

Divine storm and seal of command plus sheath of light. Remember coming out of a stun and killing two people without even targeting them when seal of command dubble crit.

Also, I camped a priest for 2 hours for having the gal to mana burn me during leveling.

3 Likes

feels like you can relive those in DF right now!

I like how everyone who doesn’t play paladin says they’re broken except those who play paladin

It counters many classes. It wasn’t a problem then because Judgement was less accessible.

Its always been accessible, it just wasn’t problem when ret was the class spec that died the most. I always took it facing priest back in Shadowlands, as mind games is a death sentence. Now that ret aren’t the easiest kill suddenly people have problem with an ability they’ve been using for months prior.
Healers can do it far better and no complains about that. Its one magic effect, one, just one every 8ish seconds. All healers can do that, but they removed all magical effects from the target on an 8 second Cooldown.

1 Like

Before 10.0.7 rets also couldn’t afford to take judgment of the pure. Your pvp talents were basically locked in for freedom, reckoning, and sanc/whatever.

Now, the dmg throughput talents are either nerfed like crazy (doing roughly 2% of your overall, or less) or quite simply do not work. Reckoning doesn’t work at all with crusading strikes even though they said they fixed it. But now, we don’t need dmg throughput or reckoning to help us burst every min, we simply have that with wings. Which means we could use talents that don’t give throughput and rets found out that hey, a dispell on everyone roughly every 8 seconds is pretty damn good, and it shuts down like 4-5 specs from being able to even play. On top of that our survivability went up a lot so even if something has dispell protection we just shrug off the hit.

I hope the pvp talent revamps gets rid of every single dmg throughput pvp talent that everyone has, pvp talents should not help you do more dmg, they should give you unique utility you otherwise don’t have. Have to wait and see what else they can even get done before 10.1 releases tho.