How to completely remove personal information

This arises due to the news reports of Microsoft buying Activision-Blizzard.

I remember there being some way to request Blizzard remove personal information from existing account, with the caveat that the accounts are permanently gone, no recovery. Does anyone have that information?

Is there something similar that can be done to eliminate a Battle.Net account - the Real ID?

Yes, I am well aware that if I do this and somehow someday want to play any game under the Activision-Blizzard header, I’ll have to start from scratch. But, really, I’m not losing my characters, like Eilethalua. What really matters are the memories.

1 Like

Delete Battle.net Account - Blizzard Support there ya go Verge.

And yes, this removes everything - the Battlenet account and all licenses included on it.

You are also correct, once processed, this is permanent and irreversible.

8 Likes

Just be aware, this is a nuclear option. There is no going back. It will remove EVERYTHING about your Battle.net account, so you will lose access to all the games on it. Overwatch, Starcraft, Hearthstone, etc.

5 Likes

The memories are the important part. Thank you for being a part of mine.

3 Likes

Thank you very much, Orlyia. (Both for the answer, and for the many years as grand-panda supporting everyone.)

this is a nuclear option. There is no going back

Yep, well aware.

:hugs: Likewise.

3 Likes

If by any chance you’re still reading the forums, and you’d like to keep in touch with anyone from this community, please give me a poke. :o

1 Like

Also important to note - this purchase deal is nowhere near finalised. Regulators have to investigate due to the sheer size of the purchase, and they forecast the completion of the purchase to be done end of the 2023 Fiscal year if it’s allowed to go ahead.

6 Likes

What Nephe said. I’d hate to see anybody do anything they couldn’t walk back before circumstances progressed to the point where they felt it was necessary, just in case it never gets to that point.

If nothing else, it gives you more time to enjoy the game and the friendships.

6 Likes