How to Cataclysm

No, I can’t care less. its a new expansion. New dice roll.
Besides the Shadowmourne grind isn’t even big in Wrath Classic. Everyone is running around with Shadowmourne. Next SM is going out for our healer that plays ret on one boss lol

no lol

I ignore it because it’s false.

Was there a stat squish between wrath and cata?

More like a stat expansion. Weapons going from 347 dps to over 1,060 from Shadowmourne to Gurthalak.

Fair. Couldn’t remember if there was a squish post wrath or if that started later.

Either way it’s the same deal as always when a new expac drops. Time to update that gear. Sucks when a leggo becomes obsolete but leveling while using it is likely fine for a few levels.

Yeah, I don’t care that it’s replaced immediately. I’m just saying it’s different from other expansions. It’s invalidated by a weapon two levels below WoTLK level cap. That didn’t happen previously, not even close.

1 Like

Truth for sure, sorry catching up with the thread here too.

I kept my Brutal sword for a long while in Wrath. I will say that as bittersweet as the items will be to replace, it is nice that the items replacing it are worthwhile for their level.

1 Like

A lot of things didn’t happen previously. That’s true of every expansion. We didn’t have flying mounts previous to TBC. I could list a thousand examples, but what’s the point.

People have this hatred of Cata and want to pretend the game radically changed overnight. It didn’t.

On this particular issue if you want to say the power creep came quicker, fine. So what? All your gear from the previous version always ended up getting replaced. Oh no, you have a couple extra days of questing without replacing your gear. Or even some max level content. Maybe the devs thought it was better to just give the players fun, new items as quickly as possible.

Wrath is over when Cata launches. So that’s that.

1 Like

Okay so I’m gathering the:

Is indeed not over-exaggerated for Cataclysm. That’s fine, just trying to get a feel for what I’m going to look like entering the first raid.

That image is pretty funny though lol. Tbh I’m not a fan of it being that severe. I think it would be cool if final-phase WotLK was just below Cata first-phase pre-BiS. So you would replace your ICC gear with 85 heroic dungeon loot, with Shadowmourne being basically equivalent, but then out-done by the phase-1 Cata raid weapons.

That being said, I’m okay either way. I am not a Shadowmourne user, and am not particularly attached to gear anymore (keeping T1-3, ZG, and AQ40 sets in bank for nostalgia /flex). ICC shaman tier looks coolest on Tauren IMO, and I’m saving some different random stuff for a transmog set.

If anyone is curious about all things Cataclysm, I found this guide on wowhead:

Someone mentioned Blackrock Caverns is the first dungeon, but on wowhead I’m seeing it’s level 85, and there are other dungeons (vortex pinnacle, stonecore, and throne of the tides) that are 80-84, is that correct?

1 Like

not entirely. Tier sets are still powerful up to mid 80s. Also there is a lot more stam on gear in blues but not necessarily primary stat.

If its like before there will be lvl 78 boe greens dropping with 270ish ilvl. I remember back in era making alot of money selling those to pvp twinks.

Cata is basically a wrath with the old world, your ICC gear will last you until 84-85, yes a competent group will do fine with WotLK gear in cata heroic 5mans, but the difficulty originally was ramped up.

Questing was actually not bad, both dungeon grind and questing was effective, most opted for questing with what ever dungeon quests they got.

By the time you touch raids you will be in 5man heroic blues.

Get ready for a lot of dailies.

Almost everything except helmets and good set bonuses gets replaced at level 78.

1 Like

Good. It puts new/returning players and alts on the even plane.

The day Cata lauches, Wrath is over.

Is there a reason you keep responding to me?

you smell good

You seem very update. I don’t think elderly people should be upset. It’s not healthy. High blood pressure and all.

Uh, okay.

I’m elderly… in 10th century medieval Europe.

1 Like

It’s okay mate. You’re entitled to your wrong opinion :person_shrugging:

That guy is so obsessed with the fact Wrath gear gets replaced in Cata. :rofl: It’s a little weird. That’s been true since TBC, but he acts like Cata suddenly rendered previous gear obsolete. “But it happened quicker in Cata!!” So what? Like you said…once Cata launches, Wrath is over. Let it go.

You know, I used to think a Wrath Era option was fine, but forum posters like him changed my mind. Their arguments are so bad and illogical…that just makes me second guess my stance.

I, in fact, don’t really have anything against Wrath Era perse.
If Blizzard decides to add Wrath Era, sure, it won’t really matter to me.

I just find it hilarious how the outcry for Classic Era was at least x100 times louder, and yet only about 2 guilds actually stayed behind. Even Asmongold talked about it long time ago iirc.

Secondly, I absolutely love how same people who complain about tokens also threaten to go to pservers. They don’t realize you can swipe for Shadowmourne. They don’t realize that elitism & toxicity on those servers is even higher. They don’t realize that those servers not only are tiny in comparison to our current biggest realms, but also that places like Warmane straight up lie about their population and queue times. Because you can skip queues if you pay $$$

Also, where have you been for past 15 years? All these years to play Wrath on pservers, but only now you LOVE WRATH SO MUCH YOU READY TO SELL YOUR LEFT NUT FOR IT lmoa what a bunch of clowns.

If Wrath Era releases, sure, first week you will have some people…but within a month it will be dead and you won’t even be able to form a single raid group. And what then, you want to keep killing LK for next 5 years?