How to ask for a Mage Portal

First let’s start with How not to ask for a portal.

“Hey can I get a port to Org/SW ?”

If this is you and you get no reply, then allow me to inform you the correct way to ask for a Mage Portal.

“Hey Can I get a port to Org/SW (Insert Gold Amount here) ?”

If you are beside a mage it is not rude to ask for a portal for 1g
If you are not beside the mage then the prices will vary 1-5g (depending on how far the mage must go out of his/her/its way

3 Likes

if you whisper me

“hey”

“hey”

“yooooooo brooooo”

i will literally never respond until you say what you want.

6 Likes

Entitled much?

18 Likes

On your hands and knees for a start. :wink:

3 Likes

Spinach: “Hey can I get a port?”

Kale: “Where to?”

Spinach: “IF”

Kale: “1g?”

Spinach: “Sure”

Dang OP. Sounds just like yours, without the snobby attitude.

26 Likes

This isn’t unreasonable. The reagent alone costs 20 silver. If you’re ready to go and next to me, I don’t ask for more than that.

If you want me to teleport to some other part of the world or wait on you… a gold or two at a minimum. If I’m out in the world doing something and you want me to come to town and make you a port… 5 to 10 at least. I might be saving you travel time, but now I need to get back out to where I was.

3 Likes

I’m the same way. When I receive a “hey” from someone I don’t know, I wait for the next message to see what they want. There is often no follow up message.

1 Like

I’ve never had a problem asking this identical way every time.

2 Likes

“Hi, could you make me a portal to [insert city you want]? I have the reagent and I’ll tip!”

6 Likes

It is my spell, time and money involved. Soooo the choice is yours :slight_smile: “Time is money friend”

I offer a tip they can’t refuse

4 Likes

“Hi, could you make me a portal to [insert city you want]? I have the reagent and I’ll tip!”

This is good, I like this one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You want as much as 5g for a 9s reagent and a button click?

5 Likes

The point to my post went over your head it appears but no problem, I’m here to help you out friend. The problem is as follows.

Why am I going to waste my own time if you do not make it clear from the start you are not wasting mine?

Your second problem is as follows.

It took you 3 whispers and Kale 2 whispers when it should have only taken 2 - 3 whispers total. “Time is money friend”

As you may know this is just fun and games with this post but the real intent behind it is to let people know that if you do not get a reply from a mage it’s probably because he/she is tired of getting spammed for ports. You will be more successful if you make it clear you intend to tip.

1 Like

20 silver reagent, with perhaps another two 10 silver reagents added in if relocating to another city is required (the second reagent for potentially returning to where you where).

The rest is mainly just for time. People often make you wait, and depending on what I’m doing that can be an inconvenience to the mage. If I’m standing in SW reorganizing my bank and they come to me, no worries. If I just logged in and I’m walking to the flight master to go level, and you want to drop by the bank and AH then ask me to meet you outside the AH… that’s different.

If I’m out questing in Searing Gorge and you ask me to port you from SW to Darn, and want me to teleport to SW, walk to to the bank, and make you a port… then fly back out to resume what I was doing… that’s very different.

1 Like

There are rogue portals now?

2 Likes

The standard and polite way to ask for a portal is the wrong way?

Oh I see… get bent. I should put a demand for gold on Rebirth and buffing Gift of the Wild.

4 Likes

I’ll portal anyone anywhere* for the cost of the reagent.

Assuming I ever make it to 40.

2 Likes

Then get to walkin lol.

4 Likes

I will never be so far out in the world that I would pay someone to come port me for 10g… I could ride or fly anywhere by they time they got to me… so what did I do besides just spend 10 gold??/

LOL?

3 Likes