How the heck does horde STILL not have playable Ogres?

See, I don’t actually WANT them to update the ogre model visuals much. Maybe a bit of recolor here and a few extra customization options there (like horns, one or two eyes, one or two heads, tattoos, warpaint, scars, jewelry, funny flair items). Ultimately though, I want them to keep the highmaul ogre models mostly intact, and just add additional animations to them for outside of combat stuff like dancing, sprinting, new cast animations, etc.

The highmaul ogres are perfect. They shouldn’t mess with them, just let us play a version of their model (even if it’s another clan).

1 Like

because ogres are stupid looking and don’t deserve to be a playable race. plus, we need SOME enemies in the world that aren’t a playable race. dang

People threw a fit about fat humans becoming a race.

Do you really think something even worse is going to go over better?

Same reason alliance doesn’t have high elves.

Because the community really wants them.

1 Like

then you are arguing for nothing

According to blizzard? they said allied races are easy to be implemented because they share rig/models/animations with the races we already have and there is no need to create an entire new one like they did before

Rexxar model is already done and only need a few tweaks to make an full ogre playable.

the current ogre model is a wod model, npc exclusive, outdated and it would need way more work since they need to rework to acomodate armor and other things, there is no need to do that if they use the kul’tiran/rexxar model.

The difference Rexxar have from an ogre is a horn and a belly, nothing more.

I merely said i prefer that over not having a race at all

blue posts, interview, pretty sure it was in the 2017 Q&A

Dude, are you even reading what you typed. Half-breed means he is a mix between one races and another. He is half ogre half orc, that’s what I have been saying.

And he look almost identical to an ogre, the only visible difference is how he is smaller, don’t have horns and a visible belly.

Thats it.

Take Rexxar model, slap a horn, mak then big and you have an ogre.

If they made a half-ogre model using an Kul’tiran human, that is neither an ogre or an orc, why they can’t make an full ogre using his model?

that is basically slaping a horn and increasing his stomach area and calling a day? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Like above, pointless

did you work on blizzard that they said that you? no? so why are you so sure of that?

ah yes, the epitome of “im losing an internet discussion, so i call out the opponent grammar”, never gets old.

From someone who probably don’t even have a second language, hilarious.

Um no?

Except Ogres don’t share any similar rigs to the current playable races we have.

Very true.

But Rexxar is a different breed, hence why he has his own unique model.

And are taller, and have a different set of animations, including their own dance.

Who says you wouldn’t get a race at all?

Link please

Yes, he has differences from the normal ogre model because he is a half ogre.

I never said they couldn’t. It just wouldn’t make sense.

Not pointless.

Because thats what Ogres are.

I called you out on your English skills because I don’t think you know the meaning of what you are typing.

You have literally contradicted yourself multiple times with one sentence.

Ogres will never happen because of how big they are.

Sorry but that just isn’t an actual barrier to them becoming a race. There are ogres that are the same size as tauren, which would be fine.

1 Like

No one would be happy with runty ogres. Compare a Tauren with any of the Ogres on Draenor.

Tauren sized is runty now? Dude, use your imagination and experience the joys of creative thought…a lil fricken bit :stuck_out_tongue:

Runty compared to actual ogres, yes.

Compared to some ogres, not all of them. And plenty of folks have offered plenty of reasons why much bigger ogres than tauren sized could still be implemented. It just isn’t realistic or smart to say it can’t work guy.

Nah, most of them. Guaranteed, if we got smaller ogres, we’d just hear complaining about how small they are.

How can people sit on these forum and fat shame Kul Tirans and say no one plays them because they’re “fat” but then ask for Ogres?

I’ll take half orc and ogres. Rexxar is that

This is hilarious coming from a mechagnome.

I’ll roll one so fast it’ll spin you around at the speed of light and you’ll time travel back to BC launch.

I also play and love male Kul’tirans. I main them now, especially since Blizz hates male worgen even more than they do female ones.

1 Like

non issue, since like i said, they can use Rexxar model for that

apparently you a re just trying to find problems when there is literally none.

you are just being dense on purpose

non issue.

… are you even trying?

im saying, 16 years of wow and no ogres at all, we got a second crap elf but not ogres, is either as allied races or never

google.com

it id make sense to create an half-ogre using a kul’tiran human?

come on now

and blood elves ebfore used a night elf model, you would argue they are like that and would not make sense to change, this is a dumb argument.

there is no contradiction, you are just arguing for the hell of it, since your arguments don’t even make sense. “they can’t use the rexxar model because he isn’t a ogre” despite blizzard using a human model to make an half ogre, or using a goblin model to make a vulpera.

they would be yes, and lorewise ogres are smaller than both taurens and zandalari

because they are not the same people? why are you assuming they are?

I think this be the best bet.

Alliance get Tuskarr and Horde get Orges, honestly they seem well paired when introduced.

Both races need to be implemented, long over due. I would make both in a heart beat, forget shadowlands, I’d want heritage armour ASAP too!.

2 Likes

And like I said, Rexxar is not a full Ogre.

No, that would be you sir.

Never said it was? I was just pointing out differences between Rexxar and regular full ogres.

Um, yes? I’m pointing out that Ogres already have their own set of animations. They just need to model a female version and set it up as a playable race then boom.

Or it can be a core race as it should be. And they wouldn’t need to make a starting zone for it since they can start at Exile’s reach.

That’s not what I was asking for. I asked for a link to an interview or blog post where they said this.

Wait what? I thought we were talking about full-ogres? Not half-ogres.

Like I said, if you want half-ogres then sure Rexxar’s model would be a good starting point for them.

This is a false equivalence. Ogres have had their own unique model for 16 years. They have even give them an HD remodel in WoD.

Blood Elves were given a unique model because they want to differentiate the race from Night Elves.

Nah, you’ve contradicted yourself multiple times and I don’t think you understand what I am saying.

My exact words were “It wouldn’t make sense to base Ogres off of Rexxar’s model because he is a half-ogre, not a full ogre.”

2 Likes

Granted I hope we get the WoD model, I would be happy if they took inspiration from the ogre remodels in WC3R because those models look pretty neat

1 Like