How the Chronoboon RUINS Classic Era

Hello,

im posting to point out how the Chronoboon Displacer drastically harms open world gameplay and goes entirely against what Classic is meant to be.

Classic is supposed to be open world, and that very much includes “harsh” PvP. People in this game simply are not supposed to be able to escape on flying mounts or feel entitled to quest or obtain world buffs unmolested. If 15 people want to corpse camp me and stop me from leveling a character for whatever reason, they should be able to. If people want to put hours of effort into preventing me from getting certain buffs, they should have the right to try.

The people who CHOSE to be slaves to temporary world buffs are absolute crybaby bullies and caused serious damage to this game when they finally got their will: The Chronoboon.

World buffs literally are the main thing that keeps open world gameplay in Classic alive: You have a group of people that wants to get and preserve their buffs, and another group of people with the intent to remove them from others. Its a game within the game. A cat and mouse of sorts that encourages both sides to constantly be on their toes and develop entertaining and fun ways of succeeding in their goals. The goals of both sides encourage folks working together, automatically making the game more social at the same time. Hostility between factions in an MMORPG with 2 warring factions also sounds pretty healthy to me.

Its absolutely bizarre that even though other versions of the game without world buffs exist, this group of bullies was allowed to destroy Classic Era with their false cries of “griefing” and “harassment”. If they dont want to have their world buffs taken, they should play the expansions which have none!

Classic Era should be returned to the proper and original state of the game and see the Chronoboon removed ASAP.

Upright over and out!

18 Likes

I understand the perspective of both sides. But, overall the chronoboon is a good thing. It prevents a lot of the debuffing thing that people do. They can spam debuffs, with almost no penalty. While the person who got debuffed has potentially hours wasted.

4 Likes

My style of play doesn’t make use of the chronoboon at all. That said, it just doesn’t belong in Classic Era. Keep the game as faithful as possible to the original - warts and all.

10 Likes

I would love for this to be the case. But, after they implimented the 30 instances per day cap, these little changes don’t matter to me anymore. If they remove the instance cap, I’ll be all for removing the extras.

They just need to make them undispellable if you want someone to not have buffs you got to kill them.

2 Likes

Its a game.

1 Like

You learn a lot about a person by how they play a game.

1 Like

People ganking others in a video game tells you very little. It can mean so many things and you are acting like it inherently makes them a bad person irl.

Get help if you take this game that seriously.

6 Likes

That is where YOU are wrong, people’s behavior in a game or …say on a forum, tell you all you need to know about them as people.

4 Likes

Time to put you on ignore. Seek help.

2 Likes

I disagree. I work with someone who has 5 perma banned league of legends accounts. He says the most vile things in-game. But, is just a sweet goof ball irl.

2 Likes

agreed, chronoboon is dumb
also, if you support chronoboon, you have lost the right to appeal to “no changes” as a design concept.

3 Likes

the most powerful world buffs are already undispellable.

2 Likes

To you, maybe. I base this opinion on my life experience and observations. People who act like bullies when there are no consequences for their action, are bullies. The only thing keeping them “Honest” is the fear of consequences NOT virtue.

6 Likes

As with anything in life. Consequences keep people in line. I’ll give you an example:

You put a lock on your bicycle to help prevent people from stealing it. An actual thief will remove the lock somehow, and steal it anyways. But, normal people won’t. If the lock wasn’t there, a normal person may steal the bicycle. Consequences keep good people good.

1 Like

Yeah relative to world buffs - I’d rather they just not be capable of being dispel rather than having Chrono in the game.

Running at someone and just spamming dispel barely qualifies as PVP in my mind.

You should definitely be able to kill people with world buffs though and have said buffs lost.

World PVP and world buffs are kind of a doubled edged sword.

On one hand… When world buffs are vulnerable it makes people a less likely to engage in PVP because they are avoiding PVP and any sort of confrontation or opposite faction exposure in general to protect their world buffs.

When world buffs aren’t vulnerable however…the stakes of open world PVP hardly matter at all or at non existent. There’s no tension when you’re rolling through Felwood for Songflower if after getting Songflower you can just store the buff in an unassailable seal until you’re ready to use it from inside the Safety of a raid instance.

I actually wish if they did Classic again that they’d increase the difficulty of raids further…introduce some new raid items…add some extra buffs to different dungeons/raid zones to make the open world more vibrant.

Part of what made Felwood a fun memorable Zone fun was the ‘danger’ of being in Felwood.

2 Likes

Chrono boon was the best addition to vanilla by far. Anyone thinking otherwise is deluded. Cope harder

8 Likes

I was torn over Chrono Boon cause on one hand I would have engaged in more PVP had I not had to protect my WBuffs constantly (or be logged off to save their duration).

On the other hand…it was nice to have WPVP thad had a sense of gravity and stake to it.

Part of the reason I really enjoyed world bosses was that WPVP around world bosses really did matter and had an meaningful impact.

Wiping an opposing raid and stealing a Kazzak kill could be a pretty big deal if he ended up dropping the Demolisher or the +Shadow Spell power legs etc.

Green dragon loot was a pretty big deal for a while and it was nice to have a guild coordinating playing cooperatively outside of raids or forming guild alliances to work towards downing world bosses.

While the argument presented in favor of removing the Chronoboon Displacer from Classic World of Warcraft may seem compelling to some, it is important to consider the potential negative impacts that such a change could have on the game’s community and gameplay.

Firstly, the argument that Classic is meant to be harsh PvP where players should not be able to escape on flying mounts or obtain world buffs unmolested is not entirely accurate. While open world PvP is certainly a core aspect of Classic, the game is also designed to be a world where players can progress and achieve their goals, including obtaining buffs and completing quests. The Chronoboon Displacer allows players to have more control over their gameplay experience and is not necessarily antithetical to the open world nature of Classic.

Additionally, the argument that removing the Chronoboon Displacer will encourage social interaction and hostility between factions is flawed. While conflict between factions is a key part of Classic, it is important to remember that players should still be able to have agency over their gameplay experience. Allowing players to opt out of certain aspects of the game does not necessarily discourage social interaction or hostility, but rather provides an opportunity for players to engage with these aspects of the game on their own terms.

Finally, the argument that players who obtain and preserve world buffs are “crybaby bullies” is misguided and overlooks the fact that obtaining these buffs requires significant effort and coordination. Removing the Chronoboon Displacer would disproportionately benefit players who are able to dedicate large amounts of time to the game, while potentially punishing more casual players who may not have the same level of resources or support.

In summary, while the argument presented in favor of removing the Chronoboon Displacer from Classic World of Warcraft may seem reasonable at first glance, it is important to consider the potential negative impacts on the game’s community and gameplay. The ability for players to have agency over their gameplay experience and to opt out of certain aspects of the game is a key aspect of Classic’s design, and should be respected and maintained.

1 Like

Give me Classic Era fresh with World buffs or give me death.