How the Chronoboon RUINS Classic Era

TLDR + posted by a deviantart dragthyr

To the people saying “I dont wanna log out for a week with buffs”: You CHOSE to be a slave to world buffs. Just stop! ALL WoW Classic Raids, including Naxxramas have absolutely no difficulty and numbers on a website dont matter.

And if you still choose to get them, you should work for it. It is so entirely selfish to harm the games open world cause youre too lazy to preserve something meaningless that you CHOSE to be shackled to.

Breaking news: Nobody gives a dang about your logs or clear times on the re-release of a beaten 20 year old game!

1 Like

The reality is that lots of raid groups do care about world buffs.

I’m not suggesting raids need world buffs or weighing in on ‘parsing’ in a roughly 20 year old solved game.

I will say that not getting world buffs when many groups of raids require them limits your options relative to who you raid with.

^I like this.

Fresh Classic Era. With World Buffs! With no Chronoboon!

Hostility between players of two warring factions in an MMORPG is not toxicity or harassment, its healthy for a server.

Ganking is not griefing IN ANY FORM.

I dont know where this terrible mindset came from.

I once created a character on the opposing faction of my server and a large group of people from the previous faction hunted me down at any time of day, ganking my low level character. It was the greatest leveling experience i ever had in 19 years of World of Warcraft. Guess what, if a group of people tries to keep you down in this SOCIAL GAME, you can always talk to folks and organize a bigger group to beat them back.

PvP on PvP servers is not toxic, its not griefing, its not harassment.

2 Likes

What? What kind of backwards view do you have of society

5 Likes

nah, pass. allows players to use their toons while saving buffs for raid. move on

4 Likes

yeah OP you’re right, a game mechanic that encourages people to stay logged out and not play the game is perfectly okay and great game design

3 Likes

That is a community problem that thinks it is required to have buffs to play

2 Likes

You dont think how a person acts defines them? Isnt that kind of how it works? If i go out of my way to derive my fun from taking it away from others does that not highlight my ideals, intentions, motives, or beliefs?

Does your logic apply elsewhere? Lets take it to the extreme to test this example shall we? Same context, different situation.

Lets say In public i cut people off in traffic, flip them off, yell out my windshield. Would people not be correct to assume my behavior mirrors my personality? You wouldnt let somebody cut you off while screaming at you and giving you the bird and then assume they are nice right?

Your argument just doesnt make any sense or hold any water when you begin to scrutinize it.

Your like people who say “dont judge a book by its cover” and dont realize sometimes its smart to cross the street when somebody is talking to themselves while walking toward you. Its super important to judge books by its cover for survival and humans do it constantly. Those that dont get darwined.

Thats another easy ignore. WoW forums attract some mildly deranged rambling people.

1 Like

I mean, i just read 3 of your posts and have already an idea of what to expect when dealing with you. Prove me wrong

1 Like

No thanks, I dont see much of a reason to engage. There is nothing to prove wrong you haven’t said anything.

Yes, run from somebody who makes points you refuse to counter. Its common for trolls to insist that arguments aren’t worth their time when they have no actual points to make. What a joke.

1 Like

The age old complaint.

Muh world buffs got dispelled!
I got killed with my wbuffs!

Lizard pls change the game to fix it!

They did. It’s called a pve server

7 Likes

Agreed, remove the boon, takes away from the PvP aspects that we know and love from classic.

1 Like

This 100%. People whining about getting killed on a PvP server is a joke. Pve servers exist for the entire purpose of these players having a safe world and not having to deal with gankers. Play there if you don’t want to kill/get killed other players.

4 Likes

Nah. Your opinion is irrelevant. Wanna know why? Because boons are in the game. Mald harder.

Boon was a happy middle ground for me personally. I thought it took away from the Wpvp element of killings others with buffs, but quickly found out people were dumb enough to not stock up on boons and would come to that little inn in andorhal with their buffs.

It was nice to see people not have to raid log because they got a buff right after raid. Personally I just waited until either the day of or night before to get my buffs and I never raid logged but to each their own. I can understand not liking the boon as well.

4 Likes

A realistic one. How things should be, and the reality of how they are is different. Just look at Portland, and their lack of punishment twords thieves.

I never did like chrono boon but I don’t care enough. I think it should just be stored at the bank with similar fashion to how it works now. Can’t activate in raid etc

2 Likes