How TBC should be introduced!

There are two types of classic players when it comes to this issue, the ones who want a fresh start and the leveling rage from level 1 and those who want to keep their progress and hard work from vanilla classic.

I believe I thought of a way both of these groups could be satisfied !

Vanilla classic servers would remain, new TBC servers would be added where everyone will start fresh. Once you hit 60 with a character in the TBC server you can copy everything from the vanilla classic server to this TBC classic server.

Pros: Starting TBC with a new race doesn’t put you behind now, many people enjoy the leveling race, farming Nax is incentivised since it’ll give you an advantage in the race to 70 (the 1 - 70 race will be more hype then a the usual 60-70 so the advantage would be more desirable).

Cons: Everyone will have to level back to 60 (It’s faster in TBC but still a hassle to some)

1 Like

they’ll lose half their players instantly

9 Likes

I highly doubt that.

My preference is completely seperate and fresh TBC servers so I might be biased.

2 Likes

That’s an absurdly terrible idea.

Why would I not be able to just immediately play my Classic character in TBC like I could originally? Why do I have to level 60 again just to be able to copy the character I’ve already leveled?

They would absolutely lose many players. I’d wager a good portion of people playing Classic are doing so with the intent to play TBC, some of whom I’m sure wouldn’t play Classic at all if they knew they’d have to start over.

And I guarantee you NO ONE would want to level to 60 on the TBC realms just to unlock the ability to transfer their old 60 from Classic to the TBC realms.

5 Likes

One thing is 100% for sure…blizzard will think of the worst thing possible to do that no one has even considered, and do that…pissing off both groups in the process.

7 Likes

The people who just want to carry over their characters from classic into TBC should realize that a number of changes will completely erase all their hardwork and progress from classic almost overnight.

Examples: Weapon skill change alone will make your 6k edgemaster’s handguards and The Hungering Cold near worthless.

The Hungering Cold is considered one of the hardest to get and one of the most iconic weapons in Vanilla/Classic. After the weapon skills change there are green weapons that become better than THC, are you really sure you want to progress like that instead of keeping classic separate?

It’s pretty easy to keep both camps happy.

When TBC servers launch, add new servers which have transfer restrictions too and from servers that launched post TBC. Everyone else carries on as normal?

People who want F R E S H get their realms while everyone else can stay on theirs. And no, the original classic servers are not disappearing. Just clone the existing servers
and patch the clones to TBC. It would make keeping guilds and name reservations super easy as opposed to launching new TBC realms then everyone having to pick where there copies go.

1 Like

Pretty sure everyone already knows how weapon skill works and experise is still a great stat of not as impactful for the first few points as weaponskill.

And can yall knock it off with the “green items better than Naxx!!!” memes. Its complete nonsense. Even if you’ve never played TBC go take 30 seconds and google the items FFS… A level 70 green sword in tbc has a dps of 65ish. Hungering Colds dps is 73… We didnt replace all our Naxx gear the 1st go round despite all the memes 15 years ago, and you wont this time either

Cloudkeeper Legplates go for 1/10th what they did a patch or two ago… Its called progression

Only completely separate servers, let people one time copy toons.

Yes because I’m really sure you were part of the less <1% of vanilla players that actually cleared any significant part of Naxxramas in original vanilla :crazy_face:

And this is called classic where no one expects a BOE world drop to stay BIS but where one of the rarest drops off of one of the most iconic bosses/villains in Warcraft lore is the pinnacle of progression.

This is how TBC should be introduced.

Right but if you want you play TBC I’d imagine you’d play it regardless.

I think the best plan would be to do completely fresh servers that are at a sort of “pre-patch” phase meaning you can get to level 60 but not into Outlands until a specific date and time.

Once Outland has been opened up they can open up character copies/transfers onto these servers.

I think that would be the best bet as it allows for fresh leveling for those who want it and character progression from Classic for those who prefer that.

It also allows the TBC servers economy to start and progress from the beginning without alienating anyone.

nope. the ONLY method of launching tbc servers is to snapshot all character data on launch night and copy that data over to the tbc servers. end of story.

I would rather have some servers be targets for transfer or copy. than have the ability to transfer once hitting cap. Having 2 sets of servers one fresh away from the economic issues and stockpiling that will go on leading up to TBC will allow a better flow for the game as people remember than dealing with the mountains of gold and mats people are going to have from the current live servers.

The other change i would make is also opening that server up in pre patch for a month before the actual drop of TBC. The reason for this is to see a fun race of how much can be cleared in that time while also allowing rerollers to get there BE and Drenai up in levels.

The reason for only a month allows it to remove too much stockpiling or even gold farming. Even though that will clearly go on. Still i would be interested to see what players could do 40 mans with TBC and how much they could clear.

you gotta leave that stuff alone. i know it seems daunting and looming and like something that will be a problem, but really thats all just you and everyone else getting worked up, shaking up and down in their seats frothing at the mouth hoping for a happening when in reality theres gonna be a silent elitist gold farmer subculture that never sees the light of day because in order to function they have to exist as cockroaches, or else they get crushed by blizzard’s ban hammer. they basically have to refrain from pulling any attention towards themselves, which is counter intuitive when you have all that gold.

I actually think the REVERSE of this. For people that want classic only they could copy their lvl 60’s to these classic only servers. Lets be honest there’s only gonna be a certain number of these people… I actually think it will be a decent amount but not an overwhelming number…

I mean they could have new classic servers as well and or also fresh new tbc servers. But the majority of players just wanna bring their characters thru the portal and not have to worry about transferring and character copies.

2 Likes

Literally in a world 1st guild so yes, you’re right. So I was there when people cried about how greens would replace epics 15 years ago. Wasnt true then, isnt true now

Why is everyone so fixated on the idea that you would/should need to pick between either staying in classic or progressing to TBC?

Its so simple, just have character copies, and also lauch with fresh no transfer servers, boom, problem solved, everyones happy.

You get to keep an exact copy of your character in a vanilla classic server that you can come back to at any time AND you get a copy of your character on the TBC classic client, you can play both, and none of your effort is thrown out the window, and then fresh tbc servers with long server transfer restrictions are also made for people who want 100% fresh tbc experience

Best of both worlds, no dogmatic “pick only one” BS

1 Like

Cool I can go back to keeping your replies hidden since you’re still a verified liar and low level alt hiding troll.

1 Like

Why? Its clear there are people that are going to do it and an easy way to solve that issue of giving the exsisting characters there own place to be. The value of things changes and people who prepare for that valuation are going to make bank on those that have gold. Overnight the value of ALL raw ore will skyrocket as people try to be that guy that controls the market on gems. Meanwhile the people with gold are just going to buy and resell gems with the piles of gold they have earned.

There is a clear group of people that are just here to enjoy farming gold and could reach caps on servers before TBC. Creating new servers without that potential even being possible at the start is something i am sure many people would be interested in.

1 Like