How poor do you have to be to want dual spec?

Maybe if you assert harder and insult opponents more your baseless claim that it will help will be more true!

/sarcasm.

I’m not making a claim, I am countering your claim. You’re claiming dual spec will help dungeon queues, and I’m simply saying, I don’t think so. I’m basing my counter on the fact that you’ve presented zero evidence to support your claim that it will help, and based in how it worked last time around and that dungeon queue times were still a problem in WoTLK after they introduced dual spec. So much so that they had to offer Tanking incentive rewards in the LFD system.

Your whole assertion rests on an assumption that significant numbers of people will use their second spec to take a support role rather than to PVP or to double down on their preferred role. You’re also assuming that these part time tanks and healers will have also been diligently spending time and gold on their offsets when previously they didn’t have the time or gold to pay 50g for respects. Beyond the fact that we have seen this play out before - and it didn’t work out the way you think it will - I reserve the right to hold the view that I don’t think your assumptions hold up. They’re counter intuitive.

More available tanks will increase the number of tanks queuing. You are conflating help the dps wait time with fix the dps wait time. If even one person chooses to tank or heal who otherwise wouldn’t the situation has been helped.

This assumes people will use their second spec to have a support role.

I think if it helps just a tiny bit but the problem is still significant then it is not going to be worth changing a core game feature for.

I actually think it may hurt queues a bit as well. If you get an influx of incompetent and underweared Tanks, that won’t really help at all. Longer dungeons, higher degree of failure etc… That assumes that people actually taking a support spec.

Given how cheap it is to respec most people who can competently tank already do. The most you can safely claim is that they may choose to a little more often - maybe.

1 Like

Once again noone is claiming everyone would, but some people certainly would and some of those would be willing to do randoms. Hence helping the situation.

Sure people can go farm gold if they want to respec, but honestly it’s just more “fun” to be able to change specs when you want to. To me, it’s not fun to feel like I have to go to work just to play another spec of my character… and not everyone has a ton of gold.

Tbc wasn’t designed to let you freely swap specs with no consequences.

1 Like

Some people need to accept that their idea of fun and the TBC games devs idea of fun are not necessarily the same. Maybe some of the boosters that have come back should consider they’re not the target audience for the game.

If you try out a game and then immediately have a shopping list of game redesign suggestions I’d suggest the game isn’t for you.

2 Likes

I have read that thread. From what I understand, that poster doesn’t even play TBC and was speaking out of context.

That’s fine … I’m just saying it’s less fun that way. I don’t have time to do all that farming just to play with different specs, so I won’t be playing with different specs. But I’m also going to get bored with the game faster.

How so, it takes out of the game something to do. There’s not really a lot of non grind content in TBC and people are already complaining that there’s too little to do. How will taking out a gold/time grind make that situation better?

With Tom Chilton, Rob Pardo, and Jeffrey Kaplan all working on tbc then 2 of the 3 left for wotlk.
Tom Chilton was the sole Lead Designer for Wrath of the Lich King

This changed the direction of the game.

I was getting names mixed up because GC is the most common one used when referring to many things in wow. Sorry about that. Regardless the point still stands. The lead designers went from 3 people, who had the majority decision of not adding dual spec to TBC, to just one, who wanted to add dual spec to WOTLK.

The design goals shifted because the lead design team lost 2 of the 3 lead game designer.

I agree! This is why I want it too! Farming is nice at first, but after a long time it can become really boring and I just want to get it over with and have fun.

If I just had to pay 1k gold for two specs, that would at least be something to work for and achieve rather than have to work at it back and forth.

And some people need to accept that the TBC devs were not infallible gods and not everything about TBC was perfect, lack of dual spec being a prime example of some of their worse design ideas.

You really dont need to farm much at all.

Do the fishing and cooking daily every day and you have made your 100g, with maybe 10 minutes of “farming” a day, and even more dailies will be out soon.

So you do your weekly raids on 2 consecutive days, then respec to your pvp spec and pvp for the rest of the week. Then change back to raid spec on raid night.

Tbc classic is a recreation of an older game, you do not remake a game and change core game design choices on the remake.

If they remake morrowind and change it to be turn based like some final fantasy games is it the same game when a core aspect of the game design got changed? No, it’s not.

1 Like

I depends on the player. For me… it’s more fun to play around with different specs, preferably in pvp. Other like farming I guess. That’s just not something that’s all that fun for me … personal preferences I suppose.

I would rather spend my gold on other stuff that I want.

But if even if we had Dual Spec, little werewolves like you can still do your farming to respec if you wanted to. Nobody would force you to pay for it and you can still play the game how you want to.

That seems like a lot of ‘work’ just to be able to enjoy the game and play the spec I want.

I agree! That’s why I boosted this character. It’s not fun trying to find a group in the old world and I just wanted to join my friends and have fun in Outland.

I’m so glad Blizzard gave us the option to do that!

Respeccing was in the game from day one so the devs have always been fine with the idea, dual spec is just an improvement on an existing mechanic.