How poor do you have to be to want dual spec?

Honest question. 50g to respec and if you farm a few dungeons you make your gold back right? If you have gear sets for 2 specs, gemmed and enchanted why cant you afford 50g ? Why are players now struggling for i guess 100g to respec back and forth? Specially when players have more gold than ever. Are people just not wanting to spend it?

22 Likes

From my understanding people are asking for it to be a buy in price then we can dual spec. It will help solve the tank shortage.

Key word help not fix.

Although I’d make changing it have a cd so people don’t use 1 spec for a boss then swap for the next boss then back again. Also make it require rested area.

8 Likes

I’m struggling because I fat fingered the right mouse button when buying my epic mount from the vendor. Damn 90g down the drain.

That’s a full respec back and forth.

I have plenty of gold respeccing is still too much. It’s 100g every time you want to respec. That adds up whether you have 500g or 10,000g.

The reason dual spec is nice, is because you can swap to do an hour of arena while your friend is online, or to farm primals for 2 hours before a raid.

With current respec prices, you have to try to wait for windows between raid times where you can respec and maximize it for a few days, or it feels like a huge waste.

20 Likes

I want Dual Spec so the people who are keeping this game alive by playing multiple aspects of it aren’t punished for doing so. The times have changed, virtually no one plays in subpar specs for any group content. Dual Spec doesn’t personally benefit my pockets; all I do is heal dungeons and raids and I don’t respec, ever.

Scenarios like these are common:

“Hey, wanna play some arena matches before raid?”
“Nah, don’t wanna blow 100g for a few matches. How about after raid?”
“Sorry, gotta go to sleep after raid.”

This is one of the reasons the Arena scene is so desolate. People are choosing raid logging over respeccing and farming gold every single week. People don’t want to gold farm as a second job so they can play the content they want, when they want. People don’t want to schedule Arena matches, or schedule dungeon runs around their tanks being in the right spec.

31 Likes

Yup, I don’t want to spend 100g just to do 10 games, so it’s hard to want to arena, unless we block out a period when neither of us have to raid for 2-3 days

10 Likes

Its many things that Dual Spec fixes.

Its not 50, its 100 every time u respec. U need to spec back to main spec later, so its always 100.

Well, whats the point of farming when u blow it all out?

Imagine if u would like to PVP, that freedom u can have with DSpec, respec anytime, even if u have time for maybe 2 games. Imagine, u go ahead and respec for some arena with your team, and shortly after u did it, 1 member has to go. That frustration over gold lost over nothing…

Or u want maybe a badge, or guildie friend need a tank on normal for attuning, cant find tank for an hour or healer, DSpec would easily fix this frustrating moments.

Or wanna do a BG for some honor, u know u can do better than PVE tank in BG’s, so, yes, it has more uses than ppl would think @1st site of this.

It is not about the gold cost and inconvenience alone here, its also about being able to save the 2nd spec in your key-binds, your spec tree, too many clicks to do it fast or u will make a mistake and ruin your build, I am sure many of us make that error every now and than since respecing manually requires many clicks w/o an error, its golden.

Thats just on top of my mind about this.

13 Likes

Gosh, if only there were already a dozen other threads on this very topic you could have posted in.

2 Likes

Thnx for the bump, bud.

It’s not even your thread, what do you care? :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah, why would I want to waste gold for something that they could drop in after like a week?

2 Likes

I like DSpec idea, dont u? Agenda aside, wouldnt u like it?

2 Likes

Who wouldn’t like it? Blizzard has already screwed up TBC and retailed it out. Might as well go all in.

1 Like

For sure, u are not wrong here. Not all in, but DsPEC FOR SURE :stuck_out_tongue:

Problem is, this is gonna be shortened a bit, so, features like DSpec would get big use, specially when game is hemorrhaging players on both sides. Its not gonna be years till the end in this “botched” version of >>CLASSIC<< rendezvous.

1 Like

Chain running dungeons isn’t good money though. I ran like 6 dungeons last night and barely made 30g. Farming mobs is marginally better if and only if you are putting everything up on the AH.

If we had dailies right now it wouldn’t be so bad.

1 Like

Primals? I’m constantly just making gold, and thats with wasting it on consumables on content that doesnt need it.

I love how people will ask something intentionally incendiary, then say “honest question”.

2 Likes

Not having dual spec is terrible game design.
Respec cost is a punishment that serves no purpose other than being a gold sink.
It hurts flexibility, increases tank shortage, reduces PvP participation and causes all sorts of other problems.

8 Likes

lol how are u making 50 g in a few dungeons? maybe 3 dungeons with lucky tome/fel arm drops and someone DEing shards for u

they changed enough stuff that dual is nbd. private servs had it and it was good, helps both PVP and pve participation

3 Likes

its not about the gold, its about the simplicity of being able to change to give variety to the game

I’d be more apt to pvp if I could pop in to a bg for an hr with a proper spec, then waiting for a day to justify the time/cost of swapping

9 Likes