How poor do you have to be to want dual spec?

I’ve stated that it’s from tbc…

It’s a quote about the design goals of tbc and if “dual spec” fits in it. They said no to spec swaping which is what dual spec is.

The date is even more relevant because the purpose of bringing up that quote was to show how dual spec as a system that let’s you swap between talent builds was denied by the devs of tbc as a “no”. It shows that dual spec did not fit in the design goals of tbc as the devs themselves stated why it didn’t fit. The devs of the time said it didn’t fit in tbc design.

I would try to explain nomenclature but we both know that would be an exercise in futility. Dual Spec wasn’t a system at the time. Try to figure this out without me.

Is dual spec the ability to swap between specs from 2 saved specs?

Yes or no?

I didn’t really care about dual spec until I started leveling a paladin. At level 20+ I started to notice a shortage of healers. I was tanking but now I am healing when there are no healers around. I wish I could just swap back and forth between the two specs to help the groups I try to form. Maybe even limit it to people under 58? When you are in Outlands the gold starts to flow if you make a minimal effort but early on the respec fees add up quick.

Nice job assuming that I’ve ever logged into retail - i haven’t. I quit when MOP launched. Just because retail has some of these features doesn’t inherently make them bad. You’re just a boomer that wants to play a 15 year old game on an emachine with a CRT monitor. There are private servers out there for you - have at it. Let the real players who want to better the game for everyone take over gramps.

1 Like

Funny you mention private servers.

There are tbc private servers with dual spec.

If that’s what you want, go play there.

Dual spec goes against the origional design goals the devs of tbc had in mind.

Proof is here where they specifically said “no” to the spec swapping that is dual spec.

Also, I find it funny you think I’m that old just because I want to preserve the game to not go outside of the design goals set by the devs from tbc.

Also I made my own computer and it’s not old in any way. You assume a lot on topics you know nothing about. Including the topic of if dual spec fits into tbc design goals.

Lastly your opinion of “better” is questionable at best.

because I dont want a paywall/timewall to access features of my character thats just poor design

no if you want a dual spec server go play a private server that has it. there are many.

It’s 100% not worth my time getting 100g from farming when IK alot of people are just buying 100g for .20cents.

Imagine using CC in TBCC just get a frost mage, legit waste of time, just griefing the group.

#SomeChanges

If you’re a gold buyer then your part of the problem from the bots.

If you don’t want to farm 100g, tbcc might not be the game for you.

I do the cooking and fishing dailies every day, takes less than 10 minutes per day and it gives me enough gold to respec for pvp then back to raid spec every week.

If you don’t like how tbc was I te tionally designed, that’s a you problem.

1 Like

CC isn’t just hard CC, frost traps can replace a frost mage when done right and it’s much easier to do as a SV hunter than it is as a BM hunter.

Are you some kind of werewolf?

I don’t buy gold. But I’m not going to farm gold when people are just buying it and blizzard just gives them a 2day ban and does not even take the gold away. You legit don’t need to farm gold to play tbcc the game is easy you don’t need gold to play it. Frost trap does not easily replace the unity of a mage. TBCC has already been completely redesigned. People are doing more damage, no world buffs, drums change, it’s running at the end patch. Legit everything about this game has changed lol.

If you think a SV hunter can replace a mage u are just clueless and don’t play the game.

1 Like

No, I’m half human half Dwarf, so my entire body is my beard.

Lol.

You haven’t seen a good SV hunter then. They can substitute for a frost mage when done properly. It does require engineering and the frost grenades though.

I’ve never seen this thing before. It’s definitely not Classic WoW. When did they make werewolf characters?

If you don’t want to farm gold, then don’t. That’s your choice, but stop demanding the game be changes to give you the same rewards of respecing as people who do put the effort in (or cheat, and they should be bannded).

And again a properly played SV hunter (having engineering helps) can substitute for a frost mage utility. It’s not exactly the same but it works. Drop frost trap before pull, wait for trap CD then start pull, they hit first trap and you drop second trap in the kite path, they hit second trap, by the time they are leaving the second trap frost trap will be off CD or close to it you can drop 3rd trap then frost grenade and your group moves around them to go back down the trap slow trail from the previous traps.

You can also use conclusive shot and wing clip if needed.

It does require more communication and know how from all members though.