How much of Ashenvale do the Night Elves control now?

(Raises hand.)

I have some nostalgia for my early questing experience there.

I just don’t like to talk about it because I know I’ll get screamed at by Night Elf stans about how I don’t have any right to enjoy those quests because the Horde shouldn’t be in Ashenvale.

They hold the Azshara end, but not the Moor’shan Rampants. The Horde reinforced their presence there and they even have a flight point there now. Presumably that’s the supply line that sustains Splintertree while the Troll fortress is supplied by sea.

My interpretation of the lore is it was actually a college of arcane knowledge where her mages went to study. It’s where she kept treasures of great magical importance.

1 Like

That does not matter. They were the ones living there, not the nightborne who have at best a specious connection to the place. That is like saying the night elves should own Suramar just because it once belonged to the night elven empire.

Ah, Vale said the Nelves had the ramparts. That makes more sense.

Honestly though, the Horde should just withdraw erryone at this point and just build a big ol wall behind the ramparts, just south of the WSG entrance. One whose gates can’t really fit in an army passing through quickly going in either direction.

Elves have their land back and the horde presence isn’t right up against the literal border, and Horde have a defense against the kind of shenanigans they were worried about coming from the Nelf lands in Elegy. Everyone comes out better than before.

The Horde’s wood needs aren’t an issue anymore, why bother holding onto Splintertree and the lumber camp now that Zoram’gar is almost certainly gone, along with the funny dancing trolls?

if a negotiation would be possible to get a peaceful withdrawl from splintertree in exchange for the Nelves retreating from Azshara and burning recycling the bridge behind them, I think that would work far better than what sounds like a stupid status quo.

3 Likes

Ah, you get the information that its isolated from all sides

Honestly the current status quo of the war makes no sense to me as described the more I think about it.

The nelves are pushing on into Horde territory while the Horde still have a fort holding out and a clear shot from the Barrens to link up with it. If this was a real war and not a WoW war where tactics don’t matter and one that nobody Hordeside of note probably wants to continue, that strikes me as a really easy way to get encircled.

Exploring Kalimdor shouldn’t really be taken as canon given how much it gets wrong and how… honestly insane some of the takes are.

If things are reverted to how they were post-MoP with the treaty the kaldorei had with the Horde, then the kaldorei would hold all of Ashenvale, with the Horde holding Azshara and Stonetalon. That said, the kaldorei didn’t sign the armistice and likely wouldn’t be all too keen to engage in any treaties with the Horde now, considering the last one was broken in less than five years. And the Horde, being addicted to eating trees as they are, have likely used the excuse to not leave Ashenvale.

2 Likes

The shenanigans they were worried about would come from Stormwind.

Yeah but the last time Stormwind struck a deep blow into Horde territory it was through an allied power sitting on the Horde’s doorstep.

Would Tyrande have allowed it post-Legion? Probably not.

Would she allow it now? Probably depends on the chance of blowback, so still probably not when it comes down to it.

My assumption? Because the Lumber Camp most likely uses the natural pathway from Orgrimmar’s side gate to the Warsong Lumber Camp, rather than the Azshara bridge or Mor’shan Ramparts.

Eldre’thalas I think it’s fair to clarify it wasn’t -the- capital, it was a capital.

Nothing in that statement is wrong. The Shen’dralar went back to the Alliance. The Blood Elves did only descend from the Highborne. We don’t have an estimate for what cities they all came from, but given how influencial Dath’remar was to their number, a good chunk were likely from Zin-Azshari itself.

I feel like you can look at the persons profile and tell they’re most likely playing a Highborne, lol.

This is not what Exploring Kalimdor actually says. People are right in pointing out how insane a lot of it’s material is, absolutely. The ‘dark portal azshara’ one is the funniest thing in wow writing in a long time imo. But it didn’t just blanket give regions to specifically 1 race. Ashenvale still has at least 2 horde locations in the east. Talrendis in the west of Azshara. Etc.

1 Like

They could play a highborne orc but the highborne are still horde races.

1 Like

Lmao new lore for the old orc character you used to post as? Pog?

1 Like

I was pointing out that her head canon doesn’t matter. Players don’t decide what is what.

If you go back and look to what part of your statement I was replying to, you’ll see why I said that. You were generalizing NE players in response to someone playing a Highborne. Which is entirely possible, because they have all the body options that Highborne have, including the pasty skin and the Shen’dralar rejoining NE society. Which is simply canon.

5 Likes

They have some, but it’s like the void elves. Too small a number to matter.

In so far as determining who gets what? They have enough to still be a notable addition to their race. So those ones do still have a claim to those lands greater than highborne bloodlines with no relation to it or generations removed from their ties to it.

5 Likes

If they’re so notable, where have they been? We’ve seen, what, a grand total of five that rejoined tyrande’s empire?

If you’re looking in ‘Tyrande’s Empire’ you’re not gonna find any night elf in general, given they don’t have an empire and didn’t want one lol.

2 Likes

She’s listed as the leader of all night elves.
Night elves own more land than any race in the game.
That is Empire.