How much fun was the mage tower?

I don’t want it back I was just curious to know because I see many requests asking for it back.

2 Likes

A lot of fun, and it had beautiful weapon appearances

21 Likes

It was designed for heals dps tank. Not like visions where it’s just dps.

5 Likes

Easily the best solo content I’ve ever done in WoW.

23 Likes

It was fun, but sadly by the end of it’s lifetime, gear hardcore trivialized it.
I wish they could somehow use Chromie Time to let people experience it as it was in Legion, with the same talent layouts and unsquished, but alas, Youtube videos are the best that someone who didn’t get to play them will get.

After legendaries, it was the 2nd most complained about part of Legion.

Funny how people suddenly have rose tinted glasses now.

Most of the posters praising it don’t even have the achievement for completing it. It’s just more trendy BS.

13 Likes

Honestly, it was average. Nothing too amazing about it.

Most of what people want from it is the tmogs.

btw, that’s not me in the video. I wouldn’t be able to stand that UI.

This is a case of people remember only the good not the bad. When mage tower first released it was met with a horrible response from the vast majority of the player base and was labelled elite only content. Later in the expansions life when people outgeared it then it was popular

4 Likes

If people complained it was because it tended to favor certain specs. My holy priest probably did it in two tries.

I have every last one of them from every last spec. I can tell you some of them were frustratingly hard but they were also fun precisely because of it.

2 Likes

People complained and you can even go back and look allot. It was heavily labeled as elite on no lifer content I who had it a few weeks after its release was consistently called out for being elitist for having it. It only became popular later in the expansions life cycle as everyone put geared it

2 Likes

Pretty much sums it up.

3 Likes

I loved it, personally. It made me go on rants like no one’s business (especially during the healing challenge on my alts), but I loved it all the same. It was loads of fun.

3 Likes

People complained about, well, everything about WoW. That doesnt mean it wasnt “fun”. Ultimate though, it was content that had a high participation rate(people were always camping near it) and what I would say is the first true endgame single player content of WoW.

It was fun but the difficulty varied widely depending on your spec and what legendaries you had, especially early on. For example, I remember the advice for one of the druid ones (bear, I think) was that you basically might as well not bother if you didn’t have the legendary trinket. For the ones I did complete, UH was far easier than frost or blood despite the fact that the only time I played it since Cata was to get the weapon.

Content like Mage Tower are a great thing for the Game, it gives you a constant incentive to get more gear and improve your skills.

2 Likes

It was as fun as horrific visions.

That is; not very fun.

Aggravating but immensely satisfying when you succeed.

5 Likes

Mage tower was mediocre at best. What you’re looking for is torghast.

Or you know, raiding. That needs more gear and improving skills.

It was nice. While I don’t advocate for its return (to keep it unique), I’d love if similar content could be a staple for every xpac. Hard solo challenges with nice rewards.

My only problem with the Mage Tower back in the day was the inconsistent difficulty across specs.

2 Likes

I didn’t really think it was fun, annoyed at being FOMO’d

I wonder if there would be as many calls to have it back if it never had rewards

I’m still sad I never got the ret one or some of the others, I waited until they were about to go away to start getting them, but I did get several. All 3 Rogue ones, Destro, Feral, Fire, Elemental, Enhance. The Agatha ones were the easiest. My paladin was not geared at all and didn’t have enough Nethershards to try a bunch of times bc he was way down in the alt list in Legion. It was frustrating but fun and interesting trying the challenges out with different classes and specs. You still could not brute force these things even late Legion, because there were too many mechanics that would kill you. It did make it easier though.