How much are the Kaldorei and Horde in the same boat?

That’s voluntarily the same boat then!

2 Likes

I’d like for all the Night Elf souls to be released from the Maw, that would be a start. Then the living Night Elves can get a new home. Maybe that curse can be broken on the Prince Farondis (sp) and his elves and they can set up a new home in the Broken Isles

For the Horde…I’d like for this whole council thing to work out so we don’t have to be that bad guys every other expansion. There are enough threats in the universe that the Horde doesn’t need to be bad guys again.

18 Likes

OH NO! I need my inflatable pool pony and want off of this crazy dingy!

2 Likes

14 Likes

God, I just want to council thing to actually work out and be invested in. Its … fine as a concept, but it does take actual effort by Blizz to make it have value. We don’t even know which Horde groups are going to be on it, but assuming each Core and AR group is going to have a seat at the table … there are some Reps that need some real damned work.

If there was ever a time to develop Voss into a palatable Forsaken leader, it would have been before she was made a Forsaken leader. But, since she’s in this spot now … then the Shadowlands needs to be the zone it happens. Gazlowe and Rokhan are both untested in their current roles. Mayla, Kiro, and Geya’rah are all pretty lackluster as “characters” atm.

12 Likes

I’ve always like Voss. I was glad she had a major part in BFA. I hope the Forsaken get her as leader. I wouldn’t hate Calia…but I’d vastly prefer Voss.

Maybe they could be a mini council that shares the vote for the Forsaken seat at the Council table? Possibly with Calia being a figure head to show off how trustworthy the Forsaken are now to the rest of the Horde who probably never liked the Forsaken even before the War of Thorns?

2 Likes

That’s something I’ve always supported. Each member would represent a different way to be undead. You’d have Calia (Good) for the ones who want redemption, Voss for the more pragmatic perspective (Neutral) and someone to represent the shady badies (Evil).

1 Like

I don’t think that’s true, when I’m debating about the Horde, I’m debating the HORDE and not the player because i respect the fact that some people RP their characters differently.

I go off of what Blizzard is giving me but not what i personally see and hope for the Horde to go, I think it can be viewed as a personal attack but i don’t think it actually is.

I’ve been saying that for a while now! We are both used in the complete opposite way in what we like, no matter how much we protest.

2 Likes

YAAAAAAS! :heart:

2 Likes

Calia stays far, far, far away from any position that represents the Forsaken. Now and forever.

She is not Forsaken, she has no horse in this race, nor does she know anything about their predicament to represent the Forsaken in any capacity that would be truthful and beneficial to them.

14 Likes

Why is it that whenever alliance players lose a place we’ve grown attached to since vanilla, or have a bunch of people killed, horde players expect us to disconnect ourselves from the game? That we didn’t actually lose anything, the characters did?

But whenever someone suggests the horde lose a city or character responsible, horde players treat it as an insult or threat to themselves, instead of the characters?

It’s a double standard that’s exhausting and leads to a lot of friction.

18 Likes

ITs cause alot of horde players think powerlevels matter in this game, The alliance gets all these superheroes and stuff, and the horde feels threaten by them, even tho time and time again, alliance get memed on by simple stuff as like a axe in the back, proving that powerlevels dont mean squat.

5 Likes

Kinda. I mean they got to keep their leaders…Horde just get slotted with losing one every expansion.

I’m surprised that the position of Warchief isn’t viewed jokingly by everyone in the world as a cursed position where whomever gets it is doomed to die one way or another.

13 Likes

It has basically become Warcraft’s equivalent to the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, true.

15 Likes

This point I find myself back and forth on.

From the get go, the Horde have always been portrayed as a people torn between lifestyles; struggling with their legacy, and who they want to be.

Players who choose the Horde do so knowing about their legacy, and their recent behavior as well. Just like players who choose the Alliance know they’re getting the goody-two-shoes who can never be portrayed as anything other than lawful good, and reactionary.

We, even if it is subconscious, do choose these things. The only exception is brand new players who just randomly create the first randomized character that looks cool without doing any reading into things.

While I think that the writing needs to be better for both for sure, it’s kind of hard to believe it when folks say “I chose the most savage looking, barbaric and fantasy-typical bad guy faction because I want to be the goody-two-shoes.”

Many of the Alliance characters are fated to be neutral because Blizzard can’t write anything other than the same garbage as yesterday; that frustrated a lot of people for sure.

But the stealing cities thing… Dalaran I can understand going back to neutral, even if it did give me whiplash. Suramar was something else though. It’s a place that we, as players, spent months building a reputation with, and to suddenly have them swing around and be like “No, we wholly support the genocide of the Night Elves because Tyrande was hesitant to trust me given my people’s history of betraying the defenders of Azeroth to save ourselves.” and invade Kalimdor, after having an entire expansion dedicated to Thalyssra being like “We’ll never become monsters like Ellisande.”

That’s what rustled a lot of people’s jimmys.

11 Likes

I don’t have as much attachment to alliance characters as horde players do to theirs. I’d be happy to trade our characters for our lands back.

1 Like

To be fair, both sides do this a lot; there’s a major discrepancy between perceived power and actual power, and that is because Blizzard operates on the rule of cool.

Characters like Malfurion may be perceived to be all powerful and immense, but they become weak and foolish the minute that the plot demands it of them. Unfortunately, the Alliance has most of the characters perceived as ‘all powerful land immense’, and it ends up being a major let down.

5 Likes

“Tyrande showed nothing but disdain for my people and viewed them as little more than useful meatshields for the entirety of her time in Suramar. She also never once showed that she had even the slightest regard for their lives and openly showed disinterest in working together after the legion was defeated. We instead decided to align with the people who treated us with respect and compassion.”

18 Likes