How many more expansions to go?

Seeing as how it’s not gone F2P yet and there’s no evidence that it will soon, I’d say no. Go back to your cult, doomsayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLpIMRowndg

Holy projection, batman!

1 Like

I just started late in this expansion (8.2.5) so I hope it lasts for a long time. As long as it lasts until I’m 34 in real life.

2 Likes

Ah, welcome! It’s always great to see new players for me. I’ve been here since vanilla (with a short break halfway through Mists of Pandaria, then I returned near the end of Warlords of Draenor, been back pretty steady since.)

2 Likes

So long as the game is making money, they will create expansions for it. I’d be willing to bet the expansion that will follow Shadowlands is already being worked on. (at least from a conceptual stand point)

1 Like

Welcome :heart: and because of N’zoth :squid:

1 Like

I admire your dedication!

I saw this game as a kid but it took me until I am now working in my twenties to actually buy it. Mom and dad weren’t a big fan of me playing online games :grin:.

3 Likes

Ha yea I’m 42 now, but my parents were the same way. Well, that is they didn’t mind me playing online games, but games with a subscription they just didn’t understand so they wouldn’t let me use their credit card, so it wasn’t until I was 22 and had my own credit card that I finally could subscribe to an MMO.

1 Like

You must have gone through all the ‘steal your parents credit card’ memes :grin:.

1 Like

I am barely here, I have 40m gold and only occasionally buy a token to play.
I guess I am addicted after 16 years and hope for better.
I hold out hope, but it dwindles every time…

LOL memes weren’t a thing 20 years ago. Heck, I was born before the Internet existed. Modems were measured in “baud” and a 2MB Hard Drive was “All you’ll ever need”

1 Like

Yes.

not if they keep making AH changes :rofl:

I don’t see what the big deal is, I have found the AH changes to be very good. I sell more now than I used to and am able to buy exactly the number of items I need instead of having to be like “hmm… is it better to buy this stack of 15 or this stack of 5 and this stack of 10?” Instead now I just buy 15 that I need, and the same goes for selling, people buy the 15 they need from me and someone else buys my other 25 and I don’t have to decide should I put them in stacks of 5, 10, 20, or flood the market with hundreds of single items?

It looks to me like you are talking about the 8.3 launch changes. I’m talking about what happened yesterday Auction house changes, yay or nah? :slight_smile: Have fun in there lol

1 Like

Oh yea I saw that post, I have no sympathy for people who exploit the market like that so I say yay.

I can’t see the future so I don’t know if this will be a good or bad change long term. I can tell you that I generally believe that people are lazy, I don’t mean that to be offensive I just believe that most people if given the choice will take the easy road. Now Blizzard has made it more difficult to post on the AH, I can’t help but to believe that long term this will cause players to not post as often which will lead to less materials on the AH, which will lead to an increase in demand, which will raise prices.

I could be wrong, like I said I’m no economist or sage, that’s just my concern, but we will see :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahhh, all the end of the expac end of WoW ponderings across the boards that I’m seeing.

Reminds me of every expansion since BC. :joy:

WoW ends for me when I decide my little spare time is best spent somewhere else. If the game shuts down, then the decision was made for me. It becomes past. :wink:

Nope, it’ll be time to find myself a nice wrath private server to call home :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have no control over when Blizzard decides to shut down the servers. I provide my $15 a month and the rare, but occasional shop purchase, and will play this game until I can no longer log in. This is the only game I play or care to play right now, and for what I like to do in game, I’m happy, and keep playing. :smiley:

I honestly don’t see how they continue beyond one or two more.