How many more expansions to go?

Is the community consensus that WoW can basically keep going so long as a playbase stands? Or does everyone think it is all close to over? I really hope its not over lol.

1 Like

I think as long as they have players and a story to tell, yeah. I mean another MMO that has about 5 years on WoW just recently had their 26th expansion last year.

1 Like

It is already a walking corpse, every decision they make that is sans the player base they are heaping another shovel full of dirt on the coffin.

2 Likes

As Lunar pointed out, EQ still runs… somehow.
As long as WoW isn’t a profit loss, I’m sure they’ll keep it running.

Wow, talk about an over-exaggeration.

The game is fine.

6 Likes

EverQuest has 800k subscribers/players (according to mmo-population. com) and they are on like…expansion 24.

2 Likes

Uh, so this is where on FB I usually ask the question, why are you still here then? Honestly, if the game is already ‘dead’ and they are just throwing dirt on the coffin, why are you still playing?

Come on, it’s pretty old.

Last time I checked The Realm Online is still a thing WoW is fine for years to come

1 Like

It is. It’s still not even close to the record for longest running MMO.

1 Like

Mega super extreme exaggeration

2 Likes

Another 4 expansions to go.

Wait, is this how it’s going to be until it actually shuts down the servers? Are these the pseudo-f2p years?

“It’s just a little time-gatey, it’s still good!”

“It’s just a little cash shoppy, it’s still good!”

“It’s just a little COMPLETE RNG, it’s still good!”

“Oh, it’s going free to play… the expansions won’t be as big, but… it’s still good!”

You got some insider knowledge about that, or that a guess?

I have no idea at all :joy:.

2 Likes

Why play at all?

WoW is an outlier game – it doesn’t perform like other games in the genre do. It has been that way from the beginning. This is why it has been predicted to die many, many, many times over the years … if it were behaving like a typical MMO, it would have died, actually. But it’s an outlier. Lots and lots of cash to be made from this game for Blizzard still, and as long as that’s the case it will continue.

1 Like

I’ll play until one of us dies…
Chances are it will be me
The calories will consume me as I consume them 0.o

2 Likes

Seeing as how it’s not gone F2P yet and there’s no evidence that it will soon, I’d say no. Go back to your cult, doomsayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLpIMRowndg

Holy projection, batman!

1 Like

I just started late in this expansion (8.2.5) so I hope it lasts for a long time. As long as it lasts until I’m 34 in real life.

2 Likes