How many blood elf leaders will die in Midnight?

That sounds good to me! The chances of Blizz doing that are slim I fear since it’s a good idea imo. It would let him work on redeeming himself while opening up San’layan to be playable. It would be a win all around!

1 Like

SHL had its problems but Kael’thas setbacking Revendreth just to strut around as a different flavor of vampire doesn’t sit right with me. If the san’layn need a leader we should revisit Jay Lor’s stash of souls and give Lana’thel the missing piece of hers back.

How would that setback Revendreth? He wasn’t central to their operation. By then he’d have had to have worked through their system of humble pie.

1 Like

I was referring to the “merely a” flavor of setback. But Renathal did muse that Harvesterdom might lie in Kael’s future, for one thing. For two, I’m pretty sure restoration to the mortal plane isn’t part of the venthyr atonement package.

It might not be their’s but souls can be sent elsewhere after spending time in another. And if for instance he’d be cursed with vampirism, it wouldn’t be really him being sent back to life on the mortal plane. But it would be undeath.

1 Like

Becoming a vampire/san’layn kind of requires a physical body with a soul still attached to it to reanimate him into a vampire.

Unless we’re stuffing his soul into a random corpse and turning said body into a vampire?

I don’t think he needs to be stuffed into a body. The first San’layn ended up that way because of death magic, the rest by being bit by others. Death magic is all around in the Shadowlands.

True. I suppose the Maldraxxi could craft him a new body and he can come back to Azeroth that way. :dracthyr_heart:

2 Likes

Lor’themar is guaranteed so he can proclaim alleria queen with his dying breath.
Blizzard is a one trick pony.

2 Likes

Don’t speak this into existence.

2 Likes

My worst Nightmare.

Yes please

Whatever the number will be it’s too little.

We all know it will happen. Blizzard loves to kill Horde characters.

Lady Liadrin would be the perfect candidate to die or corrupted by the void (Midnight = void vs light). I think she could probably be replaced by the Army of Light to protect Quel’Thalas.

Doubt a Draenei group would replace a Blood Elf leader. Salandria is her apprentice (and adopted daughter) in recent years. She’d likely replace Lady Liadrin.

2 Likes

I never trusted Blizzard again after they offed Cairne offscreen. All Horde leaders are in constant danger of being deleted.

I’m hoping that they’ve seen enough of the outrage about that to not do that again, at least for a very long while.

1 Like

Remember when the alliance cried for months when they killed Varian?

Yes, and?