How long does it take to level?

True. I’ve seen Korraks go as fast as 15 minutes, but I’ve had a guildmate who got stuck in one where both sides turtled and it took a solid 5 hours to complete it.

Talking about Heirloom Gear is all well and good, but while it is account bound (once you buy it, you can load it onto any of your characters, Alliance or Horde), if this is your first character, it’s going to be a bit expensive to get.

As well, when these people are talking about /played remember that 4 days of /played equals 12 days of real time if you’re playing 8 hours a day. If you’re only doing 4 hours a day, that’s 24 real time days. And while you’re gathering /played time no matter what you’re doing, if you’re RPing or just travelling, you’re not gaining experience which will lengthen your time.

One last thing I would recommend, if you can get good bag space early on, is to pick up 2 of the 3 gathering skills Herbalism, Mining and Skinning. Every time you use the skill you’ll gain experience which will speed up your leveling.

But more importantly than SpeedLeveling is to have fun.

1 Like

For me? Ohh you don’t want to know.

…I don’t think I want to know either. Definitely well into the 100s of hours though.

I’m weird and like leveling. So I freeze my level a lot. Frozen right now.

Played time ?? maybe 16 hours on average

1 Like

How do you do that exactly?

Time to level is sort of irrelevent. You can skip most content and run korracks and level fast.

Attempting to follow the game worlds path to 120 is a jarring, confusing mess of content pile up,and stoylines overlapping with conflicts ect. Its pretty bad when you can skip entire xpacs running a few dungeons. Its easy to get lost in quests.

Its imo best to level boost and skip the ignored mess that is levelling or wait for the 9.0 level squish, which,attempts to band aid the problem.

I’ve recently rolled a new Zandalari monk. I’ll only quest with him when he has the rested xp bonus since I’m not one for dungeons or PvP. I have only gotten him out with the WoW anniversary bonus. As everyone says, each style of play will take a differing amount time.

It took me 23 hours to reach level 60. (I also gained a level in 18 minutes in my early 50’s)

Perhaps this example will offer a different perspective.

Happy adventuring :popcorn:

There’s a guy in each main faction city that’ll freeze or unfreeze xp gain for 10g.

Behsten and Slahtz, or something like that, are their names.

This is the thread you pick to respond too?

Ugh

Shh don’t discourage him. It’s like a child taking its first steps.

On topic: I leveled a monk from 60 to 120 using Korrak’s Revenge in about 10 hours played, probably. And maybe another 10 hours to get him to that point with highly casual “zone tourism” questing.

right now right now…its fast.

Loom it up to hit 65. Turn to Korrock AV spam.

Funny story about a mag har ork. I hit 90 in Korrock. Horde gets some down time on its waiting lists. So I said lets fill in quests between them. I started WoD. AV came up. Pushed some more WoD when done. Another AV.

I hit 101. I still didn’t even get to building my garrison. It was that fast…not even 2 hours for 90-100. I finished off the night saying lets get that to putting up the garrison up to slow me down lol.

NOt in the event…here is how I speed things up. Take mining and herbaology as your 2 professions. Pick rocks and flowers as you go around doing quests and such. Over time this brings in nice xp.

At 120…then you pick a “real” profession like smithing, alchemy, etc.

Lol @the variance in these answers

Some peeps say 30 hours, some 75, a bunch say 100+ hours

Unless you are min/maxing your leveling speed I’d have to agree with 100+ hours

It’s not trivial and if you’ve done it before it’s pretty tedious and lacking in dopamine reward events

1 Like

I’m working on my 3rd toon with Korraks revenge ;D it took me about 16 hours just to hit 110.

About 100 days per expansion.

Jesus, I’ve never even looked at it. I should level a character from 1-120 and check my /played. Make it a point to just throw on a playlist on repeat so I don’t wind up falling down the Youtube wormhole and have added time for no reason.

Grab some 10% boost pots by the docks and keep them up.
Full heirlooms.
Use your holiday bonus token for a boost.

Speed level to 60 by questing normally. (Can queue while questing.)
Spam Korrak’s while questing until 120.

A weekend, easy.

It depends if your already at 110 to 120 took me about 4 to 8 hours depends if we lost or won alot per toon so about a week and a half for me but i also wasn’t playing av nonstop until the weekend for 5 alts.

Yep for sure!

About a week. Less with looms.

in full heirlooms and on say a hunter, and no xp event bonuses nor the cool korraks runs that you can do until the end of the anniversary, and doing roughly 3- 6 hours a day… around a week or two for me personally. With the current event it took 4 1/2 days

Blizzard accepts Visa or Mastercard ^-^

But on a more realistic note, with the current AV event - less than 2 days.

For Classic, 6 to 10 days.