How long does it take to level?

This is the only proof I can offer because I can’t break down dates. You can see here that I hit level 80 on the 29th of November. The gold couldn’t get out of my bag fast enough to get 310 flying. Then you can see I hit 120 on the 30th. I had to sleep so yeah it took me less than 24 hours to go from 60 to 120.

2 Likes

What about 1 through 80?

Let’s say the average Korraks takes 20 minutes. Horde has a 10 minute queue so let’s say the total process is 30 minutes.

Horde will get about 1.5 levels per win so about 3 levels per hour. 60-120 at that rate would take 20 hours. Are you doing 1-60 in 4 hours?

This of course doesnt factor in the frequent alliance turtles and the 2 maybe 3 times alliance will win while you level.

I don’t remember how long it took me to get to 60 but that wasn’t included in my claim. This is my original statement:

I really want to edit to fix “I” to “if” but I’ll refrain.

Edit: anyways, getting to 60 went fast too. I just quested and dungeon spammed.

Korrak’s Revenge AV pulled my Mag’har rogue from 60 to 102 in two weeks

Did a bunch in less than 24 hours recently. If you know the game you can easily do it in less than 36 hours without Korrak’s Revenge, leveled an AR recently in 30 before the event(though that’s 20-120, the first 19 levels can be done in less than 2 hours though). Mix of dungeons and quests. Queue times as damage on horde for dungeons are quite nice in the 20-60 range. Just make sure you don’t fall into the trap of doing the same dungeon twice unless it is very fast since the quest exp is a big factor of how much exp/min you can get. With leveling scaling there’s no reason for long trips unless you enjoy other zones, or know them better, one of my favorite things to do is to do the starting zones since the quests are usually closer together.

Note: My count is in hours played on the toon, not real world time.

OP, this is important. Many people will quote times in days, but what they REALLY mean is the /played metric, not actually less than a real week.

Fastest case:

• Alliance
  • Tank (at last until 60)
  • Heirlooms + xp potion

Doing quests from 1 to 15, DGs from 15 to 60 and AV from 60 to 120, probably will take not more than 3 days even if you lose all AVs.

If Horde a little longer because of AV queue time, but still no more than 5 days.

1-60 in about a day, from there I’d queue into the AV event with XP potions, arena heirloom trinkets if you have them and then quest while you wait on the queue. AV will take you from 100-120 in a couple of hours if you go hardcore.

Idk the math on it but Alliance may lvl quicker in AV, they lose all the time but their queues are damn near instant. So in the time it takes for us to get one queue in they could have already lost a game.

1 Like

Not classic, I’m pretty sure he’s talking about retail.

About 60 hours total /played will get you there casually.

mercenary. Let’s horde characters q into alliance groups for faster q times

Eh, <2 days played. Depends how you play.

Quest/Dungeon to level 60, Korraks revenge to 120
(Bonus World Objectives in WoD/Legion if you’re in longer-ish Horde Queues).
Stack Heirlooms, learn how to help your team win, it’s much more xp than a loss.

And the other helpful suggestions already posted!

So much this. Also,

That’s been my experience.

7 Likes

I just got this from 1 to 120. It took about 4 weeks. Most of it was questing with some dungeon grinding here & there. 80 to about 100, and 111-120 I did do a little Korrak’s Revenge here & there to speed up the process. It’s a new account, so no heirlooms or what have you.

1 Like

The reason I initially asked is I’ve been thinking of race changing a number of my characters like Troll Hunter to Blood elf Hunter and Blood elf Priest to Undead, maybe Goblin Rogue to Undead ect ect. Thing is that’s a lot of money and if I could just level it as opposed to forking over cash that I could use for other stuff then why not put in that time?

Don’t forget the Darkmoon Faire buff, when it’s active.

1 Like

Probably about 2 weeks playing casually. I consider casually to be 4 hours a day.

Recently I leveled a monk from 1-120 in only about 2 days /played, probably the quickest I’ve ever leveled, and I wasn’t even going for a record or anything. It’s really quick these days if you dungeon spam as a tank the ques are instant and dungeon leveling is really fast. I also had full heirlooms (- the rings) + the anniverssary event and Korrak’s Revenge on alliance side is REALLY fast. Was getting about 1 level per loss and 2 for a win, from 110-120.

p.s. The bonus objectives around Draenor and the Broken Isles are great exp too, even better if you have flying, which I don’t.

Usually takes me a week of mucking about casually. But then I have all the heirlooms and no life. In classic, I remember vanilla took me a month or so to reach 60. But again, casual.

I was talking about retail, not classic. I don’t play Classic. Levelling still takes a long time. Longer than it ought to, even with heirlooms and XP boosts.

Though I hear they might do a level squish in Shadowlands, but I don’t know if it will improve levelling time much.

What is this life you speak of? Is it tasty?