How long are we going to argue over Msv and Rsv

First of all let me say it sucks that people lost a spec they liked, but some people gained a spec they like.

Before the legion no one here was crusading to drastically change a spec into melee. We derail every. Single. Topic. What are we even arguing any more what does it matter.

If people just want a 4th spec let them want it. I love survival as melee but for all the people who want a 4th spec, that doesn’t hurt me. I want people to be happy.

I just want people to start focusing on constructive criticism and improvements for shadowlands.

17 Likes

Exactly.

Some topics tend to get derailed when certain arguments are being made. What you just wrote there is pretty much the very reason as to why “ranged vs. melee” is still such a hot topic for the class.

But yeah, I agree with you.

Here’s to the implementation of a 4th spec option for the class(#RSV)

22 Likes

Because people playing Hunter knew they were getting into a ranged spec with a pet. There may have been a few people trying to get melee Hunter to work, but that is an outlier and not a norm.

Returning RSV WOULD be the biggest improvement for Hunters in Shadowlands. Not only would we have a long missed spec returned, it would allow Blizzard to remove the RSV elements from MM and make better talents. It would also allow them to focus MSV into an actual melee spec.

31 Likes

Not as easy as that, and you cannot make everyone happy. Thats impossible. As many have stated, that was a change that occured a long time ago. People has to move on and actually enjoy the game. If they dont, they should quit and find something they like.

1 Like

Started putting the majority of my points into the survival tree in Vanilla and played survival almost exclusively untill legion.

I don’t hate melee SV, but I’m not really big on it either. I do HATE that my preferred ranged playstyle of years and years and years was removed to add even more melee to WoW. Blizzard could have implemented the playstyle in MM via talents but they didn’t.

I don’t has to move on. I’ll still find enjoyment in the game and class.

A lot of people have similar if not the same feelings. This topic will never go away.

23 Likes

Same argument could be used for all class. Most don’t plays really like what they used to be, a few exceptions.

Except you have moved on, you miss it like I miss my old shaman, but you arent here non stop spamming that a spec that was done years ago should be put back in the game. Realistically it can’t, but it’d be fun. You have found other avenues that are fun for you in the game.

It wont because the same 10ish people come. Its rather weak in comparison to what other class have. Heck some of those 10ish people are just here to troll and dont even care/play retail at all.

Worst of all, maybe just 3 of those are there suggesting something, ideas… which is good… but the rest are just arguing using hand picked data in an attempt to prove a point irrelevant and/or from years ago.

Do you guys see what I mean? Every single topic is some form of argument for things we have no control over. Yall are just attacking and fighting people online with no gain.

I’m not even telling you to move on or stuck it up. It straight up sucks you lost a playtime you enjoy. My only hopes is they find a way to mesh it out in one of the 3 current iterations.

2 Likes

it’s mostly the monk guy that wants to argue with everyone. i think most of us don’t mind the melee spec we just want our old spec back too.

13 Likes

If you believe so. I;ve just been going against those that keep using fake data. But hey, if you feel attacked, im sorry.

Until the end of time

9 Likes

They really need to just get rid of melee survival and go back to ranged. They’re giving it even more ranged abilities next expansion.

It seems silly to have a spec that’s almost all ranged abilities be tied to using a melee weapon for two abilities and auto attack.

20 Likes

I agree bring back ranged sv

15 Likes

I have always thought, and said this would be the best solution, just add RSV back as a 4th spec. Everyone wins, melee keep their spec, the ranged fans get their spec back, everyone’s happy. Yet some of the melee people seem to vehemently against this idea even though it wouldn’t affect their spec.

I also don’t agree with those advocating for removing melee either it would accomplish nothing other than to have them go through the same thing that RSV fans went through and we would still have these arguments.

10 Likes

Because there is more than just hunters in this game. Saying add 4th spec and everyone will be happy is focusing on the tiny picture only. You need take consideration of everything around that.

The so called “melee people” as you say arent against it, they wouldnt mind it. But they know how there is little to no reason to have it added, how adding it wouldn’t fix anything.

There are currently 19 melee specs right now. 5 Tanks and 14 Melee DPS.

There are currently 2 physical ranged DPS classes.

There are currently 15 caster specs. 6 Healer and 9 caster dps.

Notice a disparity there? The game is woefully under represented when it comes to ranged physical dps. Adding RSV back to hunters doesn’t fix that problem no, but it is a step in the right direction.

Since WoW started Blizzard has never added a new ranged spec outside 1 Healer spec, the Mistweaver Monk. And to make up for that, they removed a physical ranged dps spec and made it melee. They need to realize there is more fantasy to the physical ranged dps then just a hunter.

13 Likes

Irrelevant at all.

Notice how maybe the majority of player base prefer melee over ranged? Maybe they didnt add any because thats what the majority wanted. DK, DH, Unarmed fighter.

Im someone who very much enjoys this survival iteration and I would HATE if they made survival into more melee than it is. It is the one spec in the game that is truly both ranged and melee and feels very good to transition inbetween distances. But yeah having a 4th hunter spec would be interesting. Just anything except another pure melee class.

So your assertion is that because we have more melee players than ranged players, likely do to the more numerous melee classes and melee playstyles, that we shouldn’t have more ranged classes/specs? Have you considered ever, at all, that maybe if there were more ranged specs/playstyles more people would play them? Or do you just assume that wow is mostly a bunch of ranged haters?

9 Likes

Oh yea, we’re all range haters totally ! You got that right, SCREW YOU HUNTER, IM ONLY PLAYING ONE CAUSE I HATE IT.

-_-

19 melee vs 17 ranged isn’t a big difference anyway… or rather 14 melee vs 11 ranged DPS.

1. 51% can be “mostly” because it is “most”, a majority by definition.
  2. I don’t believe you actually play a hunter.
  1. There is a huge difference between a caster and physical ranged dps. So it’s really 14 melee vs. 9 caster dps vs. 2 physical ranged dps
14 Likes