How layering could play out

PvP
10 chars

Elaborate?

Part of the natural flow of Vanilla wow economy involves PVP. Things will be more expensive and take longer to farm if you have people ganking.

For instance, when the ranking system launches things are going to sky rocket in value that are farmed in level 50+ zones because it’s going to be hard to farm. Thorium, Herbs, and etc will go up in value.

Devilsaur farming on a PVE server will just be first person to tag it. On a PVP server you are going to have groups wiping groups in defense of it. When you have multiple layers and a coordinated guild they will have tags on all layers every respawn by the hour window. PVP breaks it up.

Layering will be gone before ranking is introduced, no?

We’ll see about that. I have my doubts.

You mean pvp ranks? I thought that was phase 3. Even if there is such a population on single servers that they need layering, I doubt they won’t have a solution for it.

They have promised it will be gone by Phase 2, so I think it’s fair to say, yes, it will be gone before ranking is introduced.

I seem to remember you not doing that when Sharding was the perceived plan.

Mistakes where made.

Realistically, the difference is that Blizzard is more confident that tourists will get past level 11 than we are.