How is Unholy DK for raiding?

Coming back to the game and I am thinking about maining DK again. Havent played one since MoP/WoD. How is Unholy DK for raiding? At most I will be doing is Heroic. Also, is Blood still great? I remember it feeling almost unkillable when doing content solo.

Overall IMO Unholy is meh in SoD. It’s especially bad on Sylvanus since she never drops below 50% which completely shuts down our execute.

An Unholy DK was brought for world first progression including M Sylvanis.

Both Unholy and Frost are doing well in the raid.

Not sure about blood but I feel un killable as Frost.

Compared to each other frost and unholy are close. Compared to other classes dks as dps as a whole are kinda bad. So many other classes just do much more damage.

All I can say is dks need love

5 Likes

You can raid heroic on just about anything. The balance truthfully isnt that bad. Frost is only 7% behind the #1 spot. Unholy might be around 9-10% behind. That shouldnt have you sitting in the sidelines.

That’s 90th percentile in mythic by the way, its not a bad as people are making it out. The forums arent a good indicator since you will always find “buff us” threads with any class. Frost players were asking for buffs despite being the #1 melee last raid tier and being #1 on Den.

All 3 specs are viable IMO. Both specs perform fine in M+ as well, which is going to be a big part of your gearing journey if you’re just coming back.

1 Like

I just read the most logs in WCL for the raid in PTR. The situation I see is that most guild did not include dps Dks in their raid group and the rest few have unhold dks, who did very bad performance (nearly 20% behind the first ones and even half dps of the first ones). I barely see Frost Dks. 3 probably out of 2 pages and 1 did only okay performance because of 10 palyer group and the other 2 did as bad as the unholys.

Both Unholy and Frost DK are asking for better set bonuses or make reasonable changes in talents or spells, such as canceling cd of glacial advance. BTW, people can watch you profile and know you are not playing DK anymore. Please at least do playing a DK!

1 Like

Get a new argument. Anyone can look at the raid statistics to see where things are. But a lot of people don’t look at dps standings and they just look at what rank it is.

Frost set bonus isnt getting changed, and unholy is barely getting changed because people like wounds for some reason and want the execute range to be bloated.

There isnt going to be much raid resting in the ptr.

1 Like

UH and Frost are low mid tier to bottom of the charts.

If you like any other classes/have any other characters, I’d spend your time there.

3 Likes

What matters is the % difference, not the rank.

Again, play a DK currently and then give your opnion, please!

Frost DK Tier set is pretty damn poggers. Huge DPS increase (4p mostly).

Get a better argument. What you are doing is hand waving like it will distract from what is actually being said. If you have something to say about the context of what im saying instead of “you havent met my standards” then just shut up. You arent doing anything constructive.

Its just basically Inexorable Assault that is aoe and triggered on KM consumption and a passive 8% crit for playing as you should. Something might be a dps increase, and still be extremely boring.

You do you as always. I think it opens up lots of new builds and talent choices which is great.

1 Like

Does it? Its 8% crit chance while Remorseless Winter is active and KM consumed fires a Glacial Advance.

And dont say its going to be changed because Blizzard said its staying how it is currently on the PTR.

2H builds become a lot better. New runeforges being played. Obliteration as an AoE choice. IT and ME possibly seeing a lot more play.

1 Like

So in other words, doesnt change anything about the play of the spec… boring.