How is this still a thing?

First we deal with absolutely useless items from M+ weekly chests because we literally get the same item 4 weeks in a row. Now, assault caches do the same thing?
Have gotten Vile Manipulator’s Wristwraps THREE TIMES in a row from the three assault caches today on this character. Every one of them was Rank 1 Void Ritual. Literally zero difference between them.

Look, I get it. It’s a random roll for what item pops out of the thing, and a random roll on what corruption you get, with a random roll on the rank.
But 3 IDENTICAL items in the same day from the same sources? The odds of that are so astronomically small that it’s highly improbable. Are they bugged? Or is this some “Go buy a lottery ticket” kind of luck?

4 Likes

I just got non corrupted 445 boots after getting corrupted 445 boots.

RNG is just one of the many methods blizzard employs to pump up their time played metrics.

1 Like

I get RNG. Lord knows I’m familiar with the ways of RNGesus. But it’s high past time that things like this can’t happen. I can understand the possibility of getting an identical item twice, but thrice? It can’t be hard to build in bad luck protection on these things. They did it in Legion with Legiondarys…

1 Like

Uhh, seems like you’re lucky to get any gear from the caches at all.

4 Likes

Same thing happened here… this isn’t fun…

People have been saying this all expansion now.
If you think there is some bug with the RNG it will be on you to prove it and force Blizzard’s hand.
Its FAR too easy to say “its just RNG” and honestly, it probably is.

You are one of many people making claims like this, so track down others and have them all start cataloging their evidence.

In Legion, dozens of top world raiders all did the same thing showing how much BLP they acquired and how they all never got a legendary past a certain threshold, and it forced Blizzard to admit there was a bug and to take action.

It may not even be something they realize is happening right now, so step 1 is absolutely furnishing proof.

Just remember, you ALWAYS get a Void Ritual wrist the first time you do this content per character.

So its technically not as rare as you think.

1 Like

Ya, I am cheesed that my 2nd assault did not have any gear in it at all.
I also got the same bracers with same corrupted affix on about 5 different toons earlier.

It’s all welfare gear though. Should be grateful there’s such easy ways to obtain gear.

Not from Visions, from the Assaults in the Vale and Uldum. I’ve yet to see anything from Visions chests either. The fact that the Visions chests are even an issue is laughable. As excited as I am for Nya’lotha, this reminds me hardcore of WoD.
The issues with this patch, that was tested for almost 6 months and came 5 months later in the cycle than 7.3 did in Legion is absolutely inexcusable. Tack on the admittance that 8.3.5 isn’t even a thing and it’s easy to tell that they totally abandoned live game long before the holidays…

Wait, you do?
Where was this even stated because I don’t recall this in the patch notes at all.

While we’re on the topic of cache loot, do you know why some (most) people are not getting any gear in their Aqir assault tonight? I’ve only seen a couple people say they got something but most seem to not have gotten a piece, inc myself.

Yes. I’m talking about the assault caches. As is the OP. I’m not an idiot. Thanks. A lot of people are getting nothing.

Nothing but wrists for me as well. Got the 440 with corruption early in the quest chain and nothing but lower quality wrist since then.

Things like that aren’t in patch notes. You just notice them as facts after every single person in a guild gets the exact same item lol.

The caches don’t always drop gear, it seems.
I didn’t get any look the first time I did it either.

How many hours would you say you logged on the PTR?

And yet nothing has changed. They admitted to a system that will help this issue in Shadowlands, so they definitely know it’s a problem. Why does it take an entire expansion to fix an issue that’s been here since Legion?
I know the bracers are guaranteed the first time per character. But you’re honestly going to tell me it’s all RNG that I got them twice again after that, with absolutely no change at all in the item? That’s absurd.
I’m not attacking anyone here, I’m voicing a frustration that the majority of the player base has been voicing for years now. I’ve been a massive WoW and Blizzard fan for going on 20 years, and am utterly disappointed with the way they’ve been handling themselves for the entirety of BfA. I just hope that what they said at Blizzcon was sincere and not just telling us what they think we want to hear…

Does how much this person play tested, specifically, excuse the bugs or not, somehow?

Yes, I am telling you it is just RNG.
If you believe otherwise you will need to stop talking and start acting.

I have seen DOZENS of threads like this across the expansion, and no one seems to understand this is a problem you can fix on your own.
Its so rare that a change you want is one you can actually make happen if you just took action.

PROVE that there is a bug in the RNG.
Demonstrate the facts and show that the math is impossible.

The hardcore PVE scene did this in Legion and they forced a change.
Blizzard didn’t want to do what they did, but they had to, because they were put on blast too publicly.

If you are sure its an issue, then rally others to your cause who have the same concerns and document this issue plainly.
It will just require a bit of forethought.

Record every time you open a cache etc.

Do you mean the 1st lesser assault you got no gear or the first time you did the new 2nd Aqir assault tonight you got nothing?

All 6-7 of my toons got gear from the 1st assault so not sure what is going on now.
I don’t want to complete anymore in case it is a bug.

If your primary defense against the game’s state is “the patch was tested for 6 months” and you didn’t participate in that testing, then you have zero reason to be upset.

Blizzard has a MAJOR issue with public testing right now.
Its a joke.
No one participates, yet everyone complains.

Don’t wanna get any further off topic though, because something good can come from this thread.

Correct, the first time I did the Uldir one I got no loot, and tonight was the same.
But I’ve been very lucky elsewhere so it barely matters to me.
Not keeping these 430s for long anyway.