How is this still a thing?

No friggin kidding. I really couldn’t care less if this guy has green text on his replies. He sure seems to be doing nothing but making excuses for poor service by a multi-billion dollar company. This is one of the buggiest patches I can remember in recent WoW history. The issue, is not player testing. It’s the fact that Blizzard cut 800 employees at the start of the year, and many of them were QA. They don’t have ample employees to test their own products. I know several people who work in software development, I understand the process very well. And the fact is, they are operating poorly. End of story

So you spent a lot of time testing this on the PTR and reporting these same bugs then?

Don’t you think that’s a bit strange that everyone seems to have gotten the bracers on every toon for the first assault but not you? Especially if it’s like you say it is; guaranteed to be corrupted bracers.

Your right, I’m thinking of the wrong assault. Been a busy few days, my fault. I thought the Pandaria assault was that one, but that’s my mistake.

When, repeatedly, people are reporting bugs and issues with upcoming content and it gets, repeatedly, ignored, it’s hard to imagine why someone would want to waste their time getting this feedback to Blizz and spoiling the new content for themselves, for something that ends with zero benefit to anyone.

However, I’m sure that whether or not Sarrissa went on the PTR for 100 hours or zero sure makes it all OK or not. Yeah.

It’s not my job, as a consumer, to test a product I pay for and have paid for over 15 years. I don’t even want to hear that argument bud, ever.
Use that argument on any other software developer and see where it gets you. People will tear you to shreds. We pay for a product and a service, our testing as a volunteer should be an assistance to helping ensure smooth updates, not a crux.

1 Like

The product you paid for works fine.
These are EXTREMELY minor issues that you aren’t even sure are bugs.

If you want to help make the game better, you could have done that.
But you didn’t, and neither did I.
The PTR is a total waste of time, and until they find a way to make it a more profitable time investment, these problems will never be resolved.

Either way, this is a SUPER easy topic.
No further discussion is needed here honestly.
If you believe you have evidence of a bug, then let’s get to work.

Do what you can to raise more to your cause and start compiling the evidence.
Once you get a dozen or so people together let me know. I’ll do my best to spread the information around on a larger scale to help get more and more to act.

Exactly. There was THOUSANDS of reports during beta and loads of those bugs made it to launch. Why again is it that public testing is why they can’t fix issues before launch?

I’d just like to know if this 2nd lesser assault no gear in cache is a bug or not. There are multiple people posting here on official forums and on the Wowhead link for ‘Cache of Aqir Swarm’ which I cannot link here.

Sure, that’s a different problem all together.
It might be. But as seen with the other issues, much of it is conflated from a misunderstanding + a bug.

This one is probably more cut and dry, but the output doesn’t always mean the problem is 100 percent on Blizzard’s end.

That’s why these topics are so complicated, because usually we never know if we did something wrong or not.

In the case of the OP’s thread though, its the perfect situation, because the evidence is out there. It just needs to be formatted properly and shown to the world.

But that never seems to happen for some reason.

And I quote from the Official update notes;
“Level 120 players will witness the overwhelming might of the Old Gods firsthand in new Assaults on titan facilities in Uldum and the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Players must drive back N’Zoth’s minions by completing objectives in the area, including defeating enemies and rare foes, looting treasures, and participating in events. After making some progress, you will face the lieutenant leading the enemy’s forces and, once victorious, you will be rewarded with a powerful piece of equipment and a Vessel of Horrific Visions, a key that gives you access to a new feature: Horrific Visions”

So yes, not getting loot from the caches it a bug. According to their own posted notes…

Perhaps. Sadly, their own notes don’t read as clear as they should.
They can easily say it was only the FIRST of the week that was supposed to always give loot etc.

Let’s focus on the original issue though for now.
I don’t really care much for whether getting a 430 or not is happening for people.
Its just too insignificant starting next week.

I didnt get loot from either of my 2 characters Caches for doing the new Uldum assault this PM.

They read perfectly clearly. If they wanted it to be the first of each week, they would’ve made that abundantly clear.
Secondly, it’s not insignificant. Some are trying to gear up alts, or coming back from a break and catching up to their raid team. Not to mention that some corrupted affixes are so insanely powerful that having a 430 item with a rank 3 Infinite Stars or Echoing Void is a 30-50% damage increase for some specs.

I don’t get why you are trying to downplay any of these issues dude. This is not ok at all from a company as big and proffitable as Blizzard.

1 Like

Because they are insignificant starting next week.
Zeros will give 430.
You will have dozens of 430 items from a full clear.

They are nice this week for sure, but its just a non issue.
I’m trying to “downplay” it though, because the thing you originally posted is actually a huge deal.
Whether you got a 430 or not isn’t.
They can literally just award you a 430 tomorrow if its actually a bug.

They aren’t going to admit there is a widescale malfunction with their loot distribution system.

For real! Think about taking some action if you believe this happened to you.
People have been reporting it all expansion and no one does anything.
Its so easy.
Just press Print Screen every time you loot a cache of some kind and compile all the evidence.

I feel like they are going to come back and say “the patch notes state N’Zoth/greater assaults, not lesser assaults” instead of trying to go through the process of refunding/giving out caches/loot again.

On a sidenote too, I did the N’Zoth assault on an alt and instead of a 445 like my main got, he got a 415 azerite chest. I know ilvl scales for that (except lesser assaults?) but what really grinds my gears is that his major weekly assault azerite piece was the old kind at BfA launch, with only 2 ring slots instead of 4 total traits.

\(-_-)/

Even 385 benthic has 4 traits…I was supremely cheesed and now this 2nd minor assault with no loot.

I will absolutely start doing that, on every character. I will post the results here over the coming weeks. Mythic+ Chests, assault caches, everything. Because I do feel like it’s a widescale issue, and the fact that it takes a bunch of professional players to make them force something is so infuriating.

Let’s see if we can’t prove something, eh?

Well, yes and no.
To start, the minor assaults are actually 440 and major ones scale up to 445 (unless we’re talking about horrific visions not offering 420/430 loot?).

I opened a ticket earlier for my major assault only having 2 azerite rings and then one tonight about the 2nd minor assault.

Wish I thought of this at the time. I’ll be more mindful in the future but it’s not really something you think of right in the moment.

Excellent!
Do it, and if I were you, I’d make a thread once you have a few things together with a template for others to do the same.
Show it to me, and I’ll follow whatever template you have as well, so I can help your cause.
I’ll share it on my youtube channel and in my guild’s discord etc and see who else I can get involved too.

Google my forum name and contact me on youtube if you get the ball rolling.

Very interested in seeing this topic manifest.

You got a 2 ring azerite piece from an assault cache?

Now tell me that isn’t broken…