How is Survival after today's (1/10/22) hotfix buffs?

Any buff to wildfire is great for aoe. I hope they bring it’s damage up a bit more, it’s the best feeling damage skill to use maybe with Flanking Strike.

A change I’d like to see would be to get a second charge of flanking strike. I think this could make our single target rotation much more smooth and makes mongoose windows more fun.

1 Like

:slight_smile:

Some good discussion has been had in spite of the predictable derailing posters.

10.0.5 is looking even better for us SV’s, too.

3 Likes

There’s nothing happening in 10.0.5 except Marksman nerfs, and another internal spec getting nerfed isn’t a benefit for the remaining specs when the entire class has glaring issues still, like survivability.

1 Like

Dunno how it is in raid dungeons, but I seem to have not run into a single instance while leveling, wpvp, bgs, arenas where my pet would get stuck. (Apart kotmogu… Pets still run all the way around if you jump in… Or me forgetting to summon one)

1 Like

I’d trade msv.

For mbm.

MM can be a solo archer doing trick shots. SV can be a big game hunter with a pet, traps and bombs. BM can be Rexxar fighting alongside all their beasts in melee.

2 Likes

So…because it has the word ‘Death’ in it, it must be an unholy ability? Sure…

Again, you asked what their inspiration for the Blood talent category was. One of the main themes of Blood, from both a gameplay+fantasy perspective, is self-sustain, which is exactly what the WC3 ability in question does. Whether you think it’s ‘Blood’ enough or not, is irrelevant.

It’s not a talent found in the Blood talent category no, but it IS part of the Blood ability skillset of the class, again, presumably due to the nature of the ability in question, what it focuses on.

Sort of.

You argued that DKs, the playable class of WoW, mainly draw inspiration from Arthas as how he became a DK through the Lich King. While this is true, in a way, it’s not even remotely equatable to the sources of inspiration of the playable Hunter class. Neither from a lore standpoint or fantasy, nor from a gameplay perspective.

The DK class draws inspiration from the lore/fantasy of characters that were literally created for a specific purpose, with a very focused skillset. The inspiration for the DK class, are DKs (within the scope of Warcraft).

The inspiration for the original Hunter class of WoW isn’t ‘Hunters’. It’s, like Tanais said:

*Not all were inspirations in terms of their primary fighting style though.

Bonus, see this video at the linked timestamp, they actually contemplated on adding both Necromancers and DKs, as separate class ideas, even for Vanilla: https://youtu.be/ioQWkWj5_ss?list=PLkgij4EfODGoqHDbcahzIr6u0mfo5tfIA&t=17

1 Like

No it’s not. As much as I don’t like DF version of SV hunter ranged SV is not a solution.

3 Likes

Just mention SV in hunter forums, and 3-4 people with their alts will come here and BS you how it should never exist. They have become meme trolls

1 Like

You guys claim this a lot yet you never actually show any evidence that people are using sockpuppets :thinking:

Also didn’t you once do exactly this anyway?

2 Likes

I thought you had refund and you gave up on DF?

3 Likes

I’ve been maining a BM for a while now and am thinking of switching to Survival, so this thread has interest for me.

Bepples, what is wrong with you? Give it a rest, please. This is not at all the thread for your pontificating.

Did you miss the part where you specifically utilize and siphon undeath??? It’s not whether I think it’s ‘Blood’ enough, it’s that it’s completely unrelated to Blood.

Chains of Ice is also a baseline ability? Are you going to argue that it’s an Unholy/Blood inspired ability?

Which mobs are these? The Four Horsemen, Deathknight, Deathknight Captain, Deathknight Cavalier, Deathknight Understudy, Deathknight Vindicator, Risen Deathknight, Spectral Deathknight, and Unrelenting Deathknight don’t. Pretty much anything that says “Deathknight” doesn’t have this.

Yes, and this is what I was directly pointing out. They don’t. An Unholy Death Knight’s abilities are directly drawn from WC2&3’s DKs, the rest are vague inspirations from things that AREN’T DKs. Frost is vaguely drawn from Liches, and Blood had to have the San’Layn invented to even give it a semi-justification for their inspirations. A Death Knight’s abilities are essentially drawn from whatever Blizzard says is death-adjacent, similar to how Hunters are whatever is ‘Hunt-adjacent’.

1 Like

So how do YOU feel about the one-time Hunter Spec, Ranged Survival? Do YOU think it should no longer exist?
I think it SHOULD still exist, in Retail, Live, as it was 1/3rd of our available ranged weapon dps specs, or… 33% loss of a ranged playstyle for the class, as well as a 33% loss to the game over-all as regarding available ranged, weapon-using dps. It was about an 8-9% boost to melee, meaning that pie can be split 13 ways now, instead of 12. A new Melee spec was not worth the loss of a ranged spec, not a weapon using, dealer of ranged, mostly magic-free damage. We had only 3… Thats what I think.
I see you complaining about people complaining about MELEE surv. You may yourself qualify as a meme troll, insulting posts as B.S. that you haven’t even read.
When anyone posts a desire to see the return of Survival as a ranged spec, unvaryingly, Melee Hunters post: Thats been dead for years, she don’t love you no more, play MM, its just the same! Thats the typical support offered by Melee Hunters to a brother in arms, united by Class, a bond every hunter should support.
So tell me, how much does it really matter to you, what other Hunters need /want?
Honestly, to me it seems that most Melee Survival Hunters don’t give a damn about the well-being of the other 2/3rds of the Hunter Class. Why is that? Perhaps its due to not having enough in common…

3 Likes

I fully support a fourth spec or making mm have more options to get closer to the small window of time that y’all enjoyed SV.

But I don’t support derailing every single thread that even briefly mentions survival. Imagine if every time someone brought up BM or MM, we all started yelling that those specs should be melee!!!

7 Likes

…according to your definition of what it is/should be.

Is it really that hard to get?

Go on wrath and check for yourself.

1 Like

It doesn’t.

Well that actually might be more of a BM spec, than Marks. For Marks, it’s cries to remove the pet while keeping the abilities, and thus fortified, change the name to Ranger! …sigh… nobody is happy…
Honestly, it’s difficult to feel much in common with a Hunter that fairly often deliberately enters melee, wants to enter melee. It’s a huge difference. We don’t make the rules, I’m doubtful we even influence the rule making, but we got to play by them. or not.

Aware… Do you think it’s good that it is gone?

Will either yes or no make you guys stop moaning about it every day?

I Can Not Care Less.

Over the years I lost many mains
Stopped playing hunter in cata because I didn’t like focus
Stopped playing unholy when they turned it into a necromancer from a plaguemaster
Stopped playing enh when they reworked it in legion and turned it into a spammy nonsense (and even with the kinda return to old model it’s still crap due to stormstrike resets)
Stopped playing arms when it turned into a single animation spec.

And I MOVED ON. Because that’s what adults do.

Quite literally, if SV was to disappear tomorrow, I would either just roll a different character or stop playing the game for a while.

2 Likes

One of many viable methods. Better living through not much caring? I’ve done this. In r/l though. I’ve found it’s better, for me, to care, than care not. Oh, and I’m all for you to select “No”!

1 Like