How is Pelagos transgender?

Curious question…and I don’t mean to flame or troll.

He was a She in his past life. She/He died. He was reborn as a male.

Moving across genders/species/time-periods has long been an established belief when it comes to reincarnation. Isn’t this more the case with Pelagos?

I deeply believe I was a woman in a past life. I have dreams/memories, etc…but I am a man in this life. Does that make me trans?

43 Likes

I believe you are correct, but if it gives transgender people someone they can relate to. Then that is a good thing.

70 Likes

Fair point.

4 Likes

yeah pretty much. They chose an easy and simple way to do it.

1 Like

Kyrian are WoW’s version of Angles…
Angles have no gender…
Haven’t you ever seen “Dogma” (Kevin Smith movie)???

15 Likes

Well they definitely have gender here…

4 Likes

In his living life he was trans. In his current life he is a biological man.

17 Likes

Probably best not to ask hugely important life decisions on an mmo form.

8 Likes

Where do you find this information?

2 Likes

He says it in one of his texts. He says that he never felt comfortable as a female or something like that. IDK when exactly he says it, but it was screenshot on wowhead a while ago.

14 Likes

That’s a really good distinction.

1 Like

They’re the wow equivalent of Trans basically.

Pelagos always felt like they were masculine in the past so once they got their new body they were just “Oh this is much nicer”

Since WoW doesn’t really have transphobia or something like HRT, the desire to pass is proooooobably not as strong compared to how I feel with my own gender passing. That “UGH I JUST WANT HORMONES SO I CAN LOOK RIGHT SO PEOPLE STOP CALLING ME STUFF I’M NOT” stress.

24 Likes

Honestly, I think Pelagos isn’t very good trans rep but at least it’s something. I was hoping that if there was a trans character it would give some insight on how it is dealt with on Azeroth.

4 Likes

I have been hearing somewhere that a source says there is no phobia of such in Azeroth. It was either in the book or on some quest. I can’t recall.

3 Likes

There’s no homophobia. They haven’t said anything about transphobia. I just kinda wanted to see how it would be done in Azeroth. Like potions? Powerful spells? Ya know, that kind of stuff.

2 Likes

Well, I imagine if a mage can turn people into sheep. They can probably change gender. I assume that the barber shop has such mages now.

10 Likes

Thank you for being a decent person, dex. Some of the comments in this thread. Yikes.

11 Likes

And this my friend is why when people were complaining about a transgender character I just scratched my head wondering about their IQs

6 Likes

Trans dude here, I don’t really think that makes you trans, because you haven’t transitioned in your ‘real life’, and you don’t want to be a woman (from what your saying).
But it is interesting that you have dreams/memories about being a woman.

5 Likes

lol I’m perfectly fine being a dude…but yes it’s one of the things that led me down to the path of belief in reincarnation…

3 Likes