How is Garrosh in Revendreth?

If he died in an alternate timeline? Why didn’t he go to their Shadowlands? They didn’t bring his body back with them so it’s not like the soul waited to depart.

Alternatively you could say his soul moved from one timeline to the other to reach the Shadowlands, but then that would imply souls are incredibly powerful and thus should not be bound to the will of the Shadowlands’ inhabitants.

18 Likes

You’ve done it. You’ve destroyed the lore before it began

54 Likes

Much like the player base, the developers have forgotten about WoD and we don’t want to look back.

29 Likes

The Shadowlands exists out of time.

41 Likes

I got nothing. I used to like the lore of the game, but there are so many holes and contradictions now I just kind of ignore it.

8 Likes

If the twisting nether is the same one across all timelines why can’t the shadowlands?

20 Likes

Oh okay. So there are millions of Garrosh’s in Shadowlands from alternate timelines? 2 Groms as well? 2 Durotans?

When does it end!?

16 Likes

Truth is… the lore was rigged from the start.

5 Likes

insert meme:

Always has been

4 Likes

Because demons are individuals, the Shadowlands is a place. It cannot house millions of copies of the same person from each different timeline.

And you just pulled that out of your butt.

There’s only one Shadowlands.

The only separate timeline that exists is AU Draenor, and that’s only because Kairoz used his wibbly wobbly hourglass to break reality. Normally alternate timelines are nebulous and non-existent.

I don’t know how they’re going to handle double characters in Shadowlands. They may just choose not to address it at all, which will be kind of lame but also expected.

15 Likes

I’m pretty certain there’s more than 1 alternative timeline. Hell, every time we went back in time to do Bronze Dragonflight stuff, our mere presence created an alternate timeline.

There’s no legitimate way you could have one Shadowlands for multiple timelines.

Shadowlands IS timeless. That’s why the Jailor and Sire Denathrius and the Arbiter are countless ages old, time has no presence in the realm of the dead.

It exists outside of time.

3 Likes

You have yet to explain how it can house millions of copies of a single person then.

2 Likes

You can make the argument that Outlands is a separate universe. One floating directly in the twisting nether, with Azeroth being displaced as seen from the skybox of Black temple.

So Universe A (outlands) is distinct from our Universe B (Azeroth)

Garrosh is from Universe A (Outlands)

He goes to Universe B ( Us)

He then flees and dies in Universe C (Drenor)

Which universe’s shadowlands does his soul end up in?
If it’s the one he died in, its universe C.
If its the one he was birthed in, it’s universe A

There is no reason for him to end up in Ours (B)

Therefore- the shadowlands we go to in this expac is Universe C’s where he died, or Universe A, where he originated

Outlands exists on the same timeline as Azeroth. They were kept apart by the distance of space, not time.

10 Likes

Yet DeVos and Uther had to WAIT for arthas to fall so they could claim him. They should have been able to do that at anytime if it is as you say. But the didnt. They had to WAIT.

6 Likes

Nope. They only exist as possibilities.

Even the Bronzes can’t change concrete past. WoW’s address of time travel is that any time it happens, that’s the way it always happened. No alternate universes.

WoD was a special case where Garrosh and Kairoz used an overcharged artifact to basically break reality and bring one possible timeline into physical being. It was highly unstable and is already starting to unravel from existence.

1 Like

It doesn’t. All ‘alternate timelines’ have people that are unique even to the same person.

For example; Yrel in WoD became a strong warrior, where the Yrel in our time died as a powerless slave.

It isn’t the ‘same’ copy of the person.

2 Likes