How is fire mages in DF?

Anyone with access to the beta how is fire mages doing?

I am enjoying it very much so im going pyro build and less combustion getting 130k pyro crits holding 30k dps nithing is tuned but it feels great

1 Like

This is cap lol. The “pyro” build that will not be ran in any way/shape/form in competitive content is not hitting for 130k hard cast hits and is definitely not holding 30k dps.

There is a couple videos online and a lot of conversation going on in alter time discord. Seems the general consensus is that all 3 mage specs are in a bleh spot feeling wise. I am sure damage will end up fine, but they are just…not fun.

From a personal perspective, I think frost is the most boring mage spec, and even then glacial spike build (probably wont be the “meta” build) is more fun than any of the other specs.

Preheat had a link from his logs doing one of the heroic bosses yesterday and the fire mage in that group was doing 152k pyroblasts.

Also ended with 38k dps from the last one i saw.

I’ve also seen from the perspective of kalamazi on his stream where 3 fire mages was in there and one of them was using the pyroblast build. The other 2 was doing something different and there was definitely a noticable gap at some points, but they always ended up eventually evening out and being very relative to each other.

Another edit: and looking at kalamazi logs with their fire mages they were pretty much around 40k with their pyroblasts hitting over 200k.

4 Likes

have links?

Keep in mind, gear is higher (everyone doing raid testing is locked at ilvl 398. Testing as frost, I have seen glacial spikes on the target dummy hit for 150k, so I could definitely see how a pyroblast could possibly hit that high.

That said, none of the fire mages in our groups did that good on total DPS. However, one capped at 150k pyroblasts (Marley on the Terros Heroic kill).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JN6Ty8VGtMjvRDka

The logs are in his descriptions under all of his videos. They were all using the pyro tempered flames build.

2 Likes

Ill screen shot my pyros tomorrow if you dont believe me with the 240% hardcast buff and to 15% reduced casttime it huts 100k+ easy it melts now no telling if its going to ve viable later but its fun to play

Its fun but we wont know how great it is until tuning… like most other specs

1 Like

Impressive.

… but don’t expect this to last. Tuning hasn’t happened yet.

Expect fire mages to get whapped upside the head with the nerf bat 6 ways to Sunday between now and when DF launches.

And if they’re still doing well, probably further nerfs after the first official raid parses become available after DF launches.

1 Like

This makes me sad to read especially when they have Jaina Proudmoore over here scaring top tier horde chars smh hope they fix it!

Fire get nerfs? What WoW universe do you live in where that’s a thing? With the way things have been over the past couple of expansions, Frost is more likely to get nerfed because Fire is strong.

1 Like

Preheat is a blue falcon. He states he speaks for the mage class then craps all over frost. He has done it multiple times in the past and is well known for it. He is also well known for producing guides that are “for the casuals” while holding out on information and builds that mythic runners are using.

3 Likes

Honestly, who cares if pyro hits for 150k in pve? Seriously? Its not happening in pvp so why does it matter how hard it hits? As long as the overall damage of the fire mage remains in relative balancing with the rest of the specs, it shouldnt matter.
This kind of complaining is why All of our crappy spells hit like wet noodles and are boring.

Those of us mages that are looking to mostly pve. Sorry you choose to discount a major section of content for the game.

I do see what your saying but a lot of mages that plan on pve do care.

3 Likes

WTF are u talking bout?
how does hitting hard in pve hurt you?

Calm down, you said who cares of pyro hits 150k in pve. As i said those of us that pve and are looking for new ways to build fire.

1 Like

Don’t mind him. He is one of those people that hardly play and gets full Karen over everything.

3 Likes

Lol. Not the first time I have had to tell someone to calm down over a damn answer to their question. But seriously over reaction at its finest

He was real bad on the lock forums till he was laughed off of it and decided to swap to
Mage.