How is Feral looking?

For PvP and M+ in TWW

The took away predator resets for savage fury so that feels bad. Also took away our melee range which also Just feels really bad. Overall feels way worse than live. We took a step backwards not forward.

8 Likes

I can’t speak for PVP, but with M+ it depends on how much you like a fast, spammy, GCD-locked play style versus a slower, energy-locked play style. Blizzard has reduced feral’s supplemental energy generation and tiger’s fury uptime. This is closer to the original design of the spec as opposed to the design we’ve had over the past few expansions.

As a long time feral druid, I’m ecstatic for the changes. It’s impossible to know how different specs will wind up performing until Blizzard finishes tuning, but feel wise I definitely like feral more on the TWW beta than I have since before I took a break through most of Legion.

But if you’re someone who picked up feral more recently, you may not like the changes since there is far more emphasis on getting your snapshot right.

3 Likes

Balance is terrible. I already said my piece in the past, that class is a disaster, and whoever worked on that, should probably never touch balance ever again.

Feral, i think they increased downtime, which is a big no for me. So i think… Skip druid, find something else to play, at least that’s my opinion. If you like staring at the screen waiting for resources and cds to come back, you do you.

It seems to me that druid has literally been downgraded from df.

Same for warrior, so those 2 classes i will probably just not play at all.

5 Likes

Out of all the druid specs is doing the best. But that isnt saying much since balance is somehow more boring to play next xpac.

Outside of fun wise, tuning isnt done yet so nobody will know. I would advise to play what you find fun not what does the most dmg though.

PVP wise rogue is just easier to play and just better

1 Like

They literally took away many of the things that made balance fun to play, or at least somewhat fun to play with, and replaced it with nothing.

It’s insane.

How exactly am i supposed to enjoy balance druid in this state? The answer is, i won’t, because i just won’t be playing druid.

1 Like

Same thing happened after legion, when we lost artifact wep and they nerfed\gimped full moon to be unplayable. BFA was terrible for balance compared to legion. I have a feeling like its the same thing again. Its going to be worse to play next xpac.

1 Like

That sounds great! I have played Feral in PvP since Vanilla (first 60) and am especially excited for impactful DoTs, no Wild Attunement, and Fluid Form. I am happy that I can fit Typhoon into my BG build, too.

Dots are still not impactful on st even going full dot talent builds and playing well, you still have 35-40% fero bite damage even as wildstalker.

They replace it with Elunes Chosen and Natures grace making a very fun build centered around starfire that is very concise and min maxy, playing it well over a dungeon amounts to 40ish percent more damage then not.

Elune and nature are not nearly enough to make up for the slew of bad changes. Not even close.

Also i expected hero talents to make the spec even better and more fun to play. Not to make up for something that was lost.

But hey, you do you. If druid is the only class you’re ever gonna play, you’re basically missing out on classes that are actually fun to play.

I saw several posts by you all excited about the changes. I honestly don’t think I have ever read so many blindly optimistic assumptions. You have some pretty stellar guys saying the damage isn’t there. Yet, you keep holding onto “tuning isn’t done”.

So quick question, how happy are you with feral tuning this xpac?

Just because they are taking the spec back to a playstyle you reveled in doesn’t make it a good thing. Especially with evidence to the contrary right there in front of you.

1 Like

Tuning is the last thing Blizzard does before every expansion. Making any kind of declaration based on what currently performs or doesn’t perform doesn’t really make much sense because it can all change come the next beta build.

Whereas the design of the spec is pretty locked in at this point, which is where my optimism comes from. The spec is the most fun I’ve had with feral in at least a decade. That feel isn’t influenced by the tuning. And since we don’t know what the tuning will wind up being, I’d rather look forward to a spec that’s fun for me to play. At the level of content I run, that’s far more important to me than what details tells me at the end.

Feral tuning has been basically the same story for the past 3 expansions, save for DF S1. And it’s not tuning I’m particularly fond of. But despite that, I’ve still PUGed my way to KSH every season. Even with bad tuning, I’ve still been able to reach my goals.

What evidence is that, exactly? That the spec isn’t performing today? What does that have to do with the spec design?

Blizzard may not get the tuning right. But that isn’t because of some systemic problem with a slower feral. It’s also not like feral has been king of the jungle all this time, either. We got one season in M+ to shine in the past 8 years and then quickly brought back down to earth. If I’m going to deal with poor tuning anyway, which has been the standard for feral forever, at least I’ll be enjoying the rotation more.

If you’re someone who will only consider playing S tier specs, and feral doesn’t get brought up to that level before TWW drops, then it won’t be a spec for you. But I’ve been through far more times of being the red headed step child than not. It’s far easier to deal with showing up lower on details than a spec that simply feels like a shell of the spec I enjoy the most.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, I haven’t looked at beta changes because i dont want to get excited just to get gut punched but;

What’s exciting about the feral changes in TWW? Is it purely just that energy & combo points are going to feel more useful or is it something else?

Because I enjoy current feral, but I also don’t want to give myself carpal tunnel harder than boomy already does.

1 Like

They’re reducing energy generation and tiger’s fury uptime (Predator no longer resets tiger’s fury). This has the side effect of making snapshotting more important for top performance since we won’t always be 5 seconds away from a max snapshot like we have been in Dragonflight. The APM is definitely going down compared to current.

2 Likes

I still think PVP wise going feral is a more difficult weaker version of assassination in pvp.

Feral doesnt really bring anything that assassination doesnt and the small things it does bring doesnt make up to missing the extra cc\quick set up\damage.

Like how easy is it to apply all of your dots on rogue compared to feral. How much damage does those dots do? Lots of extra effort for even less CC\utility than rogue has.

On a rogue i can quickly get combo points for kidneys\stack up bleeds\swap instantly with double step on beta with instant cc and mass chain stuns. On feral you have half of that. Feral needs something to make it different, instant cyclone was one of those things ages ago.

2 Likes

Waiting for energy to regen is super boring to me and just feels horrible, so I’m not excited about the changes at all.

9 Likes

Downtime is the death of gameplay.

6 Likes

The changes to slow feral down and lack of changes to the damage profile to compensate for it drove me off of the spec for TWW after playing feral since Legion. Even in BfA I played it outside of raids because my guild at the time didn’t want it on the roster.
Another expansion/beta cycle with no real attention paid to the tons of feedback given to druid as a whole have me pretty much leveling my druid as a crafter only, just to rake in some gold on LW orders. I’m planning to just play my monk and pally for TWW instead :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I know nothing about feral except that when they apply to my m+ group I always invite them. And I never regret it.

4 Likes

I was worried, but after reading your post I am a bit more interested now to try it again. I haven’t enjoyed feral for a couple of expansions but I mained Druid since late Vanilla after I got sick of Hunter and have mained a (mostly Feral) druid since, but last couple expansions focused only on Guardian since I didn’t like how feral felt and played as much as I used to.

Problem is, this is Blizzard and they are known to screw things up, so who knows lol.