How is Feral looking?

To be clear, TWW feral is still a noticeable amount faster than feral of Wrath. But it’s also noticeably slower than what we’ve had the past few expansions. It’s probably about as good of a compromise between the old school and new school we could have hoped for.

Oh for sure. I know there are newer feral players that will hate the slower pace. But for those who like or at least can tolerate the TWW speed, the main issue will be tuning. The tuning just isn’t there on the beta right now, but that can change quite literally at any time if Blizzard decides to change it.

3 Likes

I appreciate your posts on feral, I was looking for a long time feral players opinion on the changes.

2 Likes

With the changes to BM Hunter, my feral druid is my fall back and its feeling really good right now. Even with the removal of Predator.

It doesn’t feel anywhere as good as it did. Slowed down for no damage gained and in some cases, damage lost.

Talking about damage at this point is just silly (unless there is a massive disparity like arcane or unholy had, which is why they were nerfed). Until TWW hits live and final tuning happens, it’s moot.

While I like the idea of fluid form, you should NOT need to have a target for it to change forms.

For example.

Say I’m in cat form. I can’t just hit my mangle keybind to switch into bear form. I literally need a target in order for it to do the switch. Not sure why they implemented it this way.

So now if I do NOT have a target, I have to still switch to bear form manually, and then use mangle unless I have a target. That is the key… having the target.

It would have been less cumbersome to just let us switch to any form we want based on the ability we use. So if I’m in bear form and want to use shred, I should be able to hit my shred button and I go from bear form to cat form using a global cooldown and then I shred using the new fluid form (no global cooldown).

This is not asking for powershifting. The global cooldown for form switching would still be there. Only difference is you would be able to do it with an attack ability like shred or mangle WITHOUT a target.

1 Like

I understand that. It isn’t as fun as it was all of DF though, and that is the issue. It is why I started my sentence with:

And:

The damage is secondary to the feel. I’ve mained feral since TBC and put up with some lean years of it but the newest changes are garbage. It feels like a massive step backward.

2 Likes

I will say after playing it so far in prepatch, I enjoy the pace of feral atm.

Actually feels impactful.

PVP perspective mind you.

2 Likes

I am kind of curious what you are doing to make feral feel impactful in PvP.

From my experience in prepatch, all the physical damage specs seem extremely weak with the changes to armor scaling that should balance out once people hit 80.

I just play for bleeds with adaptive swarm and a few talents for bite. It’s just a single target build that cranks. I’ve had 0 issues 100-0ing people and 0 issues keeping high dps.

I’m personally liking how Feral looks in M+ from time spent on Beta.

PvP, dunno, it’ll be my first time actually playing Feral in PvP to any extent if I bother doing PvP. Would only be doing 1800 for a set anyways so :dracthyr_shrug:

Feels pretty bad in M+. Mostly with the predator changes. You can’t force resets of TF, which not only slows down the spec, but gives these crappy situations where you want to do nothing at the end of a pack before a boss. You don’t wanna dump Co and energy into a pack that’s a few seconds from dying, or you’ll start the boss dry and out of sync.

After playing it on beta overall it feels somewhat similar in playstyle to the current version. However…

Everything is slowed down, no tigers fury resets is hard to get used too, now you kinda have to be more mindful when you use it as a CD to amp up a snaoshotted rip or feral frenzy.

Range feels AWFUL which in pre patch I’m sure you’ve noticed. Esp when getting close to get the bleeds rolling.

The damage feels pretty solid currently, both builds kinda slap. Wildstalker has some big bleeds and interesting gameplay biting bursting growth targets. And druid of the claw ravage feels good to press but doesn’t feel good to ‘hold’ because you might be missing out on more procs. Given you want to ravage with tigers fury holding the proc feels bad.

The shapeshifting talent is really nice too.

1 Like

Not entirely. Sometimes downtime can be the contrast needed to make a rotation feel impactful and rhythmic.

Personally I’m enjoying the slower pace. It’s not perfect, but without hero talents in prepatch we aren’t seeing the whole picture.

I enjoy the fact that abilities feel more deliberate. I mained feral in S3 and while fun, it felt pretty frantic. I’m looking forward to stepping back into the paws and shredding fools. Growing pains will temper as we reorient to the new style.