How is Bonedust Brew Not getting a buff?

I really hope they have some more plans before 9.0.5 releases…

1 Like

I’m a bit nervous that they did ANY tuning on our covenant abilities… It sort of implies that they’re keeping them, and that this is really going to be our big borrowed power for the expansion. I really don’t like any of them. They’re all flavorless clunky trinkets of gain % for time. They don’t change the way that Monk plays in any covenant or spec compared to things like Mindgames, Divine Toll, Condemn, etc. I’m praying they just get reworked or something, because these are all just too dull to be our expansion defining powers.

I feel the same way about a lot of our legendary items, too. I think Escaping Reality is the closest one to being a legendary that actually changes something in a dynamic way, instead of just being tacked on throughput.

1 Like

You can’t just look at bonedust brew by itself, you have to include soulbinds and what not… but for mistweaver, and i want to say brewmaster as well, least necrolords is pretty in line with the rest of the covenants

Maybe? Like 92% of all monks are Kyrian… Something is amiss with the other covs.

I think Woo is about as close to game play changing as we get atm as it speeds up the rotation. /Shrug

I’d really like the cool down reduction of the conduit to be looked at. Capping it at 2.5 seconds is paltry and nearly pointless

The issue that I have is that they all basically do the same thing. They’re just buffs for time. WoO is just highest increase. There isn’t really much playstyle difference or defining gameplay to any of them. You just use em to empower your existing rotation. Nothing dynamic or thoughtful about them. I guess what I’m trying to say is that they aren’t fun or interesting. They remind me of those quests that give you an item to use for a bit.

edit: This might be better off in the PTR forum by the way. This PTR is supposed to be legendary/covenant focused as far as balance goes.

1 Like

Eh, venthyr doesn’t even empower your existing rotation what with it just being a fire and forget pet AI ability. Kyrian’s is basically a lesser serenity, bondust brew is multistrikes, and faeline stomp is just another button to press on cooldown.

1 Like

Well, I’d say Venthyr is just another probably crappier SEF. WoO is just longer lasting Serenity, but falls into the same trap as Serenity. Bonedust Brew is just our AoE pre-BfA on a CD, but now with RNG. And Faeline is just crappier SotWL.

Honestly, the petAI for the Fallen Order monks was actually not as bad as the pet AI for SEF has been recently. I’ve noticed my SEF clones pulling adds that are fighting each other yet not in combat with me, or randomly pulling adds not even in combat. Never saw that with the Fallen Order monks (in that regard it is actually better than SEF).

1 Like

Can the Fallen Order be CC’d into useless like SEF?

Hope with the buff coming Venthyr is competitive. I just want to see all the other covs besides Kyrian be viable choices.

My monk is Necro and I’d rather have it be consistent then buffing its damage but still be 50% chance

Bonedust with Emeni is fairly good for WW and Brew for dps despite being little inconsistent (with conduit it does about 50% extra damage as shadow on proc but definitely more suited towards AoE), you absolutely need to use it with an @cursor macro so its less clunky

As for healing, only place where it really shines is fistweaving, since you can throw it into melee and simply get a ton of extra healing procs… it also works with Ancient Teaching legendary too

Like for the most part though, going necrolord gives you mostly defensive conduits, like as MW I like to pvp a lot so most of the time I run with Plague Deviser for the 15% shield proc and ultimate form for self-survival… i mostly throw bonedust down before big healing if i know its coming (or helping on damage because its probably better then fae stomp for damage as MW)

3 Likes

I think if they made the Bone Hops Conduit actually reduce more than 2.5 seconds it would be in a good spot.

1 Like

Seems like the other choices are still better . Coordinated assault & the other one everyone always runs double kyrian for

1 Like

Yea kind of bizarre it does not work as it says… like at least say on the conduit max 2.5sec

like even single target its fairly possible to get +10sec reduction with all the damage sources though if that was the case (it does trigger of any damage so counts pets too)

personally, I wouldn’t mind if it also had an initial heal/damage because many cooldown-like abilities on the global do atm (maybe 100% AP which is close to blackout kick’s scaling, maybe target capped at 6)

The issue is blizzard has to look at it though a pov of all specs. Brewmaster and mistweaver both could get over 40+ seconds worth of cd by just doing their regular rotation… So they have to do some limiting so they would have it up 100% of the time

Shouldn’t have unlimited uptime, buy they can easily modify for different specs.

I’m saying cap it at 10s reduction. 2.5 is minute

In PvP I’d agree but in PvE the longer 2-3 minute cooldowns are arguably better because you’ll have them up for fights that are tougher and they usually give a significant boost. Weapons of order getting nerfed because it was too good

Is it getting nerfed?

I will admit that im still in the proccess of gearing and making my leggo for mistweaver, but I’m gonna be honest, I’ve really enjoyed having necrolord for it so far. (since my main is a paladin, you’ll have to force me to go Kyrian on other toons over my cold dead body) it feels almost like Divine Toll does, a short flexible cooldown that you can both damage and heal with as needed. Not to mention fleshcraft is pretty neat to have when monk is already good on mobility, it’s going to be fun once the fleshcraft update is implemented.

The problem is for WW the dmg is like 2k different between Kyrian and Necro.

I’m not saying it has to be perfectly equal, but that’s too big to pass up.

1 Like

I really hope that buff faeline stomp.

3 Likes