How fast will MC die without GDKP?

Just like all the other SoD raids, how long til no one is running MC anymore?

5 Likes

Classic MC lasted 5 or 6 months, and people tended to do MC even in BWL and ZG phase. So MC raids were quit active for about one year. This is what GDKP brought to classic.
Sadly, this won’t happen in SoD.

2 Likes

There will always be people looking for Bindings, Onslaught, Accuria, Benediction, and now we also have Fire Kitties with the Eye so that’s a draw.

Do i think people will be doing Heat 3 going forward? Probably not, but there will definitely still be plenty of MC runs happening.

2 Likes

I dont agree, the alure for neat looking items will still top some peoples lists as a priority

1 Like

Its based on how many items are worth going back for and always has been and therefore it’s 100% dictated by what blizz adds to new raids. E.g., Do I want to run MC each week for a chance at choker to be full bis? probably not

retail, cata and era are right there if you’re so desperate to swipe credit card to win

9 Likes

it’ll still have binding runs for awhile, unless SoD made thunderfury obsolete somehow :expressionless:

only reason to ever go back to MC is for a cut of the pot… MC wont completly you will just have terrible pugs hosting MC1 runs HR’d the legos for themselves

sod kinda works differently to classic, i wonder if they expect people to farm mc after bwl is out, outside of thunderfury is there much incentive? if they do expect people to do mc, they need to do something major with the fire res requirements considering t2 doesn’t have fr, i mean easy to get +50 fr or reducing the reqs by a tier of difficulty (h3 would move to 96 fr, heat 2 0, h1 0)

How long ? It’s been dead for weeks lmao! But im sure bwl will bring back five or six people to give it a shot :slight_smile: Hope you have a great day Bullakae :people_hugging:

1 Like

Looking at the number of sales, swiping has been doing great since phase 2. Put the card away

People have alts to gear, dude. Put down the pipe for a minute.

People will run it for bindings and gearing alts like they did in classic.

I don’t understand why people have such a hard on for a gold dkp system on a seasonal server where you barely need any gold.

In my opinion, it is a tool to enable successful pug runs. From a raid lead perspective, it incentivizes people to continue & complete the run for a multitude of reasons. Every single pug I’ve done on sod has not finished with the same group that started. Inevitably people leave. People leave when their loot doesn’t drop, people leave when you hit the first modicum of raid difficulty, etc.

I wish there was a way to capture these incentives in another way, but I just can’t think of a better loot system to incentivize successful pugs.

5 Likes

You play the most expensive version of the game where enchants cost 500g.

Most sod players are already swiping lmao

3 Likes

Rag still drops good loot for people. Removal of gdkp didnt kill the game. Im sure there internal numbers show that as well. Otherwise it wouldve already been back lol.

Do you think with gdkps in the game more runs would be done next phase with BWL out?

Do you think gdkps incentivizes running older content?

Just a yes or no please I’m not asking for your stance on gdkps.

1 Like

No, it incentivizes having to spend gold to get into a raid. You gold buyers/sellers are fiends.

2 Likes

That wasn’t the question

You’re already spending gold to get into the raid.

FR enchants consumes aren’t free.

2 Likes

You don’t know how it works. Appreciate the chime in though

3 Likes